The Everyvamp's Arsenal: Introduction & TOC

All information is stored here - powers and beyond.
Liander
OOC: Justin
IGN: Liander
Graphic Artist: Kris

Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:25 am

Welcome to the Everyvamp's Arsenal, a collection of brief guides meant to explain the most basic concepts of functioning within the borders of our city. While this information is all freely available, there currently exists no uniform or condensed presentation of it. To acquire it, one is required to slog through a dozen Wiki pages, three newspapers (at least one of which is guaranteed to be out of date), and double-check with a competent sire or leader. The knowledge is slowly gained and, while some of our kind may believe otherwise, the process is extremely counter-intuitive towards fostering productive citizens.

I'll admit, I didn't know what this was when I first started writing it. Guides, creating or reading them, are nothing new to me, nor are they to your average, well-trained warrior. What I didn't consciously recognize as my goal was that this was not an attempt to reach the average, well-trained warrior. Not everybody has the benefit of competent sires, practiced lineages, or in general people around them who care to teach them. When I ran classes before, and even during the impromptu ones I held in the bar, there would always be this moment - the look of curiosity and satisfaction as someone untrained absorbed the information they hadn't known; a look I will simply call wonderment, for want of a better term. I realized I had taken my knowledge and the arduous years in which I accumulated it for granted. As most of us tend to once we reach this level, really. Certain things are just expected to be known.

Except we need to remember now that knowledge, and the skills that accompany them, do not come overnight. We need to recognize that we all started somewhere, each of us a fresh-faced fledgling with nothing but the weapons on the streets and the half-gleaned information given to us in a bar (on those nights when it's not all just sex and booze). This is my attempt at making amends for that arrogance. To reach out, in the best way I can, and extend a helping hand to whoever wants it.

As always, my number should you have questions is [princessking]. That line is also available if you have suggestions or even if you want to contribute with something of your own. Below is the table of contents, ordered in the best way I can think to, even if I don't write them in that particular order.

Last edited by Liander on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY CHURCH OFFERS NO ABSOLUTES

Tracker
Vex
Editor
OOC: Lyssa
IGN: Vex
Lineage: de Draak
Graphic Artist: Megatron

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:04 am

Thank you for this. I’ve tossed around the idea of writing something similar for a long time, but half baked ideas filled with good intentions don’t help anyone. Well done.

I’d argue that basic routing is necessary for powers, and should come before, but that’s about it.
𒀭𒄊𒀕𒃲
In this twilight how dare you speak of grace

Character Sheet - - The Recovery Diaries