| Dreams are made of this | (Benjamin Ellis)

Tell us about your character - this is where you put your character sheets so we can all stalk them.
Benjamin Ellis
IGN: Benjamin Ellis
Graphic Artist: Myself

Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:15 pm

“Every life is in many days, day after day. We walk through ourselves, meeting robbers, ghosts, giants, old men, young men, wives, widows, brothers-in-love, but always meeting ourselves.”
James Joyce, Ulysses

Given name | Benjamin Michael Ellis
Known by | Benjamin, Mr. Ellis (No nicknames as yet)
Age at Turning | 50 years old
Date of birth | 24/09/1969

-
Place of Birth | Longparish - England
Place of turning | Ravenblack
Place of residence | Ravenblack
-

Sexual Orientation | Homosexual
Relationship Status | Single
Occupation | Rare Books dealer
Education | English Literature (MA) - History (MSc)

“It's not given to people to judge what's right or wrong. People have eternally been mistaken and will be mistaken, and in nothing more than in what they consider right and wrong.”
- Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Skin Shade | Pale
Skin Texture | Soft & Healthy

Hair Colour | Salt & Pepper
Hair Texture | Silky Soft
Hair Style | Short - Curly

Eye Colour | Hazel
Eye Shape | Down Turned

Body Build | Slightly pudgy
Height | 5"8
Weight | 11 Stone 4 Pounds

Scars | A couple of small ones on his shoulder and back
Tattoos | One on his backside - It is a book with '1989' under it
Style | 1940's to 1950's fashion
Rarely seen in modern clothing unless being forced

- There is very little that sets him apart from any other gent that walks down the street. He has a bit of a belly, a few wrinkles, and when he walks he walks with his shoulders back and his head high. No, Benjamin is not what the world would call attractive...but when he smiles, when he smiles the angels in heaven all gasp at the majesty of it. His charm is a hidden one, but when it shines through there are few who could call him anything but beautiful. -

“No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without fifiFinally getting bewildered as to which may be the true.”
Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

| Personality |

At first glance, Benjamin appears to be an average sort of fellow. He is polite to a fault, slow to anger, and one could even call him charming when he starts on one of his long lectures about the importance of history. It isn't until you look deeper that you notice that there is something 'off' about the casually eccentric bookseller. Rarely does his smile seem to reach his eyes, and when he talks there is always an undercurrent to it as if the words have been too carefully picked to truly be casual. He hides under layers, never showing the same face twice. He doesn't do it to fool anyone, he isn't trying to trick or manipulate - only hide what he sees as private. People expect him to be one thing, so he is, there is simply no need for people to see him as anything other than what they perceive him to be.

Family

Family means the world to Benjamin. After not having one as a child he has come to view family as the pinnacle of true happiness. If someone is lucky enough to fall under this category then they will find that there is nothing that Benjamin will not give to see them happy.

Friendship

Friendship is easy to obtain with Benajmin. He is a friendly soul by nature and seeks to only make others smile. But though friendship is easy to obtain it may be hard to keep. Benjamin is not the sort to seek out other peoples company - he rather likes his solitude.

Romance

Benjamin is a romantic at heart, he always has been. He is the sort to read poetry to his lover, to hold them close at night and whisper all the things he loves most about them. Benjamin would make a good romantic partner - but he does not believe he will find anyone who would be willing to find out.

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul