City of Life (Working Title)

So. Many. Twists! Want to do a step-by-step guide to your roleplay? Or maybe you just want to see who is interested in writing out your storyline with you - you can plot here.
Alex Ayres
OOC: Alessio
IGN: AlexAyres
Lineage: LoL

Tue May 08, 2018 10:58 pm

Hello everyone!

After a pretty cool role play I was a part of yesterday, I had an idea and have been working on it most of the day, and thought to myself it might be cool to open the idea up to the community!

I thought it would be cool to write a series of short stories about establishments within the city that Alex frequents that isn't a station, bar, bank, or residence. I've written some of his favorite haunts with people in the past, and I've also thought up countless other places Alex would go (restaurants, the library, he visits the hospital every Saturday, to name a few).

I've been working on the first one already, and hope to have it up soon, but just wanted to put a heads up in here in case people were interested and wanted to start working on something.

I figured it would be cool to learn about our characters outside of what they do in the forum/blood chats and what kind of places like to visit, while also injecting a little life into our 100x100 grid.

Right now I'm thinking of calling the collection City of Life, but am open to suggestions!

Also, if you have any questions of what I'm envisioning, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for taking a minute to read this. Have a lovely morning/afternoon/evening/night. =)
Dea
IGN: Dea di Luna
Lineage: Mahorela
Graphic Artist: Harv!

Tue May 08, 2018 11:14 pm

This sounds pretty cool. Model the structure you’re thinking so the pieces are somewhat cohesive maybe?

Lovely idea!
Mahorela | Flesh of His Flesh
ophelia
OOC: -
IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason
Graphic Artist: Greyce

Wed May 09, 2018 7:07 am

I like this idea
Last edited by ophelia on Wed May 09, 2018 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ezra
OOC: Micah
IGN: Ezra
Lineage: de Draak

Wed May 09, 2018 7:33 am

I love this. I frequently write Ezra in relation to the hospital her husband, Anders, works at, but her favorite place by far, which I've written countless times, is just a local Denny's. I have a whole cast of characters for the Denny's that I've been writing for the last 5 years, that only the people closest to Ezra have ever met, and I think it'd be awesome to explore that some more. Is that how you mean? Non-grid locations found within RB?
laeti vescimur nos subacturis
A N D E R S — f a m i l i a . s u p r a . o m n i a — V E X I A N
CHARACTER SHEET
Rain
OOC: Romi
IGN: Nahm
Lineage: der Toten

Wed May 09, 2018 5:23 pm

Ezra wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:33 am
I love this. I frequently write Ezra in relation to the hospital her husband, Anders, works at, but her favorite place by far, which I've written countless times, is just a local Denny's. I have a whole cast of characters for the Denny's that I've been writing for the last 5 years, that only the people closest to Ezra have ever met, and I think it'd be awesome to explore that some more. Is that how you mean? Non-grid locations found within RB?

If this is in fact the kind of thing you're talking about, have I got a list for you.

Rain has been frequenting a particular diner in the city since he was human. There's an entire cast of NPCs that go into every post. People he is friends with, who know him, who have met other RBC characters. They're very much a part of the city, even though they're not running around on grid.

Itami has a favorite tea shop in where he is a regular patron and has built a relationship with some of the baristas.

I love seeing this kind of thing in writing.
J • Z • J
der Toten ∆
Adrienne
IGN: Adrienne-
Lineage: McKay

Wed May 09, 2018 5:28 pm

There's a few places I have had many of my characters (And I write a lot) visit. Like the local diner that Aryn works at, or the Cathedral that's a few blocks from Kinley's apartment, I love writing little things like that. If you would like, I can give you a list of my character's favorite haunts! Ciao~

KK
THEIR | Katelyn's | Matthias' | HOUND
Peace | Love | Holy Water

Koj
OOC: Keo
IGN: Koj
Graphic Artist: AVA: Harv SIG: Tex

Wed May 09, 2018 5:35 pm

I love writing a bunch of locations, to be honest, one being some old train tracks. I dunno if RavenBlack has something like that, old rusted tracks skirting around the outer parts where it eventually stops at a train yard. Some old trains are there, ones that transported coal and logs ext like long before it was made. They're all pretty rusted and left with open compartments.

And the junkyard where Koji batters scrap and old cars. He knows the owner and is pretty much allowed to crush the cars to work out aggression.

Then Betty's - just across the road from the pack territory. It's not in the city exactly, once again on the outskirts on the road leading out (across from dense woods), it's like a truck stop diner where bikers, truckers, runaways and drifters stop at to refuel. I've got a cast in my head who work there and buzz about and know the pack.
Oriel // Gealach // Jin
- - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - -
Get off my lawn.
Gypsy
OOC: Kathy
IGN: Gypsy

Wed May 09, 2018 7:40 pm

I think this a great idea!!!! Can't wait to see this up and running!
FAMILIA SUPRA OMNIA
de Draak
Just keep loving me; I'll keep loving you and the rest will fall into place.
Alex Ayres
OOC: Alessio
IGN: AlexAyres
Lineage: LoL

Wed May 09, 2018 8:00 pm

Y'all this is exactly what I mean! Just a bunch of short stories talking about local delis they visit, their favorite park, the coffee shop they go to when it's all been too much. I've always thought of these places but never actually given them a location.

And now that I've thought about doing it, I would love to see where all your characters go in the city. The grid is more than the city they fight in, it's also their home and where some of them get their clothes and do grocery shopping!

I don't really have a structure behind it, you can format it the way I'm gonna format it (give the story it's own title then start it off with location: Aardvark, neart 67th as the meta text then tell the story).

Be as creative as you want, preferably the place is within the city limits!

P.S. I am so glad I am not the only one that has these places in my head that my character is visiting while I'm at work or out with friends. >.>
Last edited by Alex Ayres on Wed May 09, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nyxx
IGN: Nyxx
Graphic Artist: AVA: Meg. Sig: Me

Wed May 09, 2018 8:02 pm

Nyxx frequently drains the stock of a KFC that's an exact midway point between the usual bar and his pack territory. There's a particular guy behind the counter that just knows his day's about to get real shitty any time he spots Nyxx walk in because he knows how much he orders every single time.

I've written an outdoor ice rink, a dock yard, a club my character Raleigh works at with all of his NPC co-workers. There's way more, too, but I could go for days all the places I've made up in the city.
There's no way back from this.
Gone