RP APPRECIATION

Are you seeking advice from fellow writers, or perhaps have something valuable to share or discuss? Use this section to do just that and help strengthen our community! Post in our "References" thread, or browse, for the best tips and tricks. Discuss writing topics from character creation and world building, to sentence structure and grammar for flow. Whatever your technical and creative needs, find those resources and discussions here!
Jenny
IGN: Jenny
Clan: House of Silence
Lineage: O’Collin
Graphic Artist: Harv

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:11 pm

Ezra wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:59 am
Church wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:30 am
Oberon wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:26 am
viewtopic.php?f=15&p=4159#p4159

this thread and everyone in it are pure win
Qft
This is so much fucking fun. I hope we end up doing another one so I can toss Ezra in that one.
It's like longform D&D. I'm so hooked!
C S   •   J O U R N A L
L I Z   •   D E Z   •   D E E   •   H I L D A   •   D A L Y
O ’ C O L L I N   •   H O U S E   O F   S I L E N C E
Liander
OOC: Justin
IGN: Liander
Graphic Artist: Kris

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:17 pm

I'm thrilled everyone seems to be enjoying it! I've definitely already learned a lot about how to handle the next one from the questions that are coming up so far. Any thoughts towards stream-lining this process for next time, anyone? And also - would there be any interest in a short-form chat-type D&D adventure, with decisions made by online dice rollers?
MY CHURCH OFFERS NO ABSOLUTES

Tracker
Josephine
IGN: Josephine
Lineage: Cartigan
Graphic Artist: Assorted

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:45 pm

Make it WoD and I am in.. I have the core books. Lol
~ Pulse's Eternity ~
Silver Argent | Kamala | Satsuki | Nattie | All the Pretty Ponies
Church
Site Admin
OOC: Tex

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:05 am

=.= this. Ugh. Im sorry! Ughugh more rach writes pls
Danny Jones
IGN: -Sugar-

Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:22 pm

Church wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:05 am
=.= this. Ugh. Im sorry! Ughugh more rach writes pls
QFT
it ain't no woman flesh and blood:
it's that damned old rodeo.
Seppuku
OOC: Megatron
IGN: Seppuku
Lineage: Corvidae

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:24 am

in the company of birds
O R N I T H O L O G Y
Lucky me, I see ghosts.
Drella
OOC: Sarah
IGN: Drella
Lineage: D'dary

Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:26 pm

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
House of D'dary
ira
IGN: ira

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:00 pm

[ WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD MEN GONE AND WHERE ARE ALL THE GODS? ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ WHERE'S THE STREETWISE HERCULES TO FIGHT THE RISING ODDS? ]
Emer MacCallum
IGN: oblivion

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:06 pm

ira wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:00 pm
<3
merci beaucoup
youareyou are you are YOU ARE
Elijah
OOC: Cia
IGN: Talon
Graphic Artist: Harvey

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Okay, but I feel I haven't done this in a while and I think we should start giving kudos to people we think deserve it. I know I haven't been, because I've been a lazy fuck - so buckle the hell up this gon' be a long ride kids.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=472#p6424

^ This thread, in general, but especially this post. I liked it a lot - and the way it opens ground for Hawthorn's post is creates a very compelling cliffhanger. Ryan's pain is believable, and you almost feel the force of the wounds - both physical and psychological when you're reading - and you with and for him. Hawthorne, on the other hand, is an unlikely and unexpected hero, but very welcome regardless. He's that reprieve from pain that makes it feel like - you know, things might be alright in the end. Yas, girls.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=605

^ Sartori is an asshole, he doesn't care, does things for his own damn amusement, and is absolutely unapologetic about it. All about him is general carelesness, and an absolute son of a bitch beneath an extenal mask of niceties. He can and will manipulate you should the outcome be entertaining to him, you're going to know it, and you're going to let yourself be manipulated anyway because he's just that charming.
John's style is both highly comical, poignant, and always somewhat jarring to read in the way that, every time he writes something, it's gore, or has a gore element to it.
I dig it. Don't stop.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=417
^ Micah is always on point, man. Brings it every time to the point it hurts, really - I can see Ez walking through the house, I can almost touch those memories in the same way she thinks she can. It's all painful and almost cathartic, to watch it all go up in flames, as it happens with things that were once important to us and then for whatever reason stopped being a part of our lives. To let go hurts, but it's growing pains. It's always good to see Ezra develop.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=404
^ Lyssa you honestly keep underestimating how much of an emotional impact your writing has, honeybee. It's not 'cause it's about Tif (though I guess it does help, in my case) - but I don't think that anyone that has ever lost someone they loved: a mentor, a parent, someone so very close to you - can't relate. And while the quality of writing doesn't necessarily rely on whether the reader can relate to the character or not, sometimes, it's just right enough to put you in those shoes again and move you on an emotional level. Because if you're human, you've been there. I used to talk to my dad all the time after he passed, and I still do. Sometimes the dead are good therapists, even if their silence is the kind of thing that makes us ache.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=539
^ Another one who generally doesn't trust their good work. I like most of your stuff to some level, Sam, but this? I love this. I don't think any of us hasn't had a friend who they're the closest with, and they're both toxic and not, and they're the closest thing you could possibly have to a sibling, despite their numerous fuck-ups. Or, in this case, attempted murders. I really love the way the dynamic between these two works, and I'd love to keep reading about them.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=627
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=200
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=378

^ I'm putting these three together because they're from the same RP group, or rather from the same storyline arc, and it's the first time I see a large werewolf pack being RPed cohesively within the RB Community. Yes, no, Lilou is not a werewolf - but, we also see their dynamics from her point of view, and I find it interesting, since it comes from within the Pack, but from something of an outsiders perspective, who in turn has their own story. Since I can't plot worth shit for the long run, I really admire people who can - especially when they come in a group of writers getting in line to write the same thing and to create a little niche for their own, where their individual storylines all kind of converge into a single big one.
I'd like to add that I'm not saying that there's no incredible werewolf characters already [see Grin+Greyce, Vetras, some part of the de Draak lineage, etc] but it's the first time I see such a large number of them writing in what seems like their own little community. It's rad.

I'll probably come out with a few more later 8D
[ AIN'T IT STRANGE WHAT WE DO TO FEEL ALL RIGHT? ]
[ WE WANT FLESH: FLESH FOR FANTASY ]
Raleigh's