RP APPRECIATION

Are you seeking advice from fellow writers, or perhaps have something valuable to share or discuss? Use this section to do just that and help strengthen our community! Post in our "References" thread, or browse, for the best tips and tricks. Discuss writing topics from character creation and world building, to sentence structure and grammar for flow. Whatever your technical and creative needs, find those resources and discussions here!
ira
IGN: ira

Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:11 pm

This is graphically gorgeous and poetically written.

I swear I'm not biased. I admire your ability to write your characters without editing anything out to make it a more pleasant delivery.

And a friendly reminder to use this thread, because I love it.
[ WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD MEN GONE AND WHERE ARE ALL THE GODS? ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ WHERE'S THE STREETWISE HERCULES TO FIGHT THE RISING ODDS? ]
Vetras
IGN: Vetras

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:06 am

Thank you, Harvey!

Also, thank you for the reminder about that thread. Helpful for the lines that lodge in my head that have no home.
᛫ R.I.P 06/12/2020 ᛫
Rossetti
IGN: Theodore
Graphic Artist: moi

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:26 pm

Thank you, my dood.
It's appreciated greatly and maybe I'll continue it soon.

I also second Andrea's piece. It's interesting to look at, and always a unique, unapologetic perspective.
. it's awful cold, golden boy .
Vanderbilt: Theodore, you are the exact opposite of handsome and your eyes are trash.
#sadboysclub
Madadh
IGN: Grin

Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:41 pm

unexpressed emotions will never die.
they are buried alive and will come forth later in
- - - .u g l i e r . w a y s. - - -
sigmund freud
Rossetti
IGN: Theodore
Graphic Artist: moi

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:44 pm

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1111&p=16269#p16269

The boy is back in town!
I enjoy his perspective and the teensy, tiny snippet of perspective.
. it's awful cold, golden boy .
Vanderbilt: Theodore, you are the exact opposite of handsome and your eyes are trash.
#sadboysclub
Vetras

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:57 pm

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1110

I really love this, Desi. I like the way that you tied in the events that occurred to make it like a final chapter to your character and the emotion that was put into the writing is spectacular.

I'll miss the character Soledad but I'm hoping that this doesn't mean we all lose looksees at your writing.
᛫ R.I.P 06/12/2020 ᛫
Godfrey
IGN: iGodfrey
Lineage: No Affiliations

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:08 pm

Madadh wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:41 pm
click.

and this.
Hey, thanks. :)
Sole
OOC: Dez
IGN: Soledad
Lineage: Syden|Sonvar
Graphic Artist: Drea

Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:38 pm

Vetras wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:57 pm
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1110

I really love this, Desi. I like the way that you tied in the events that occurred to make it like a final chapter to your character and the emotion that was put into the writing is spectacular.

I'll miss the character Soledad but I'm hoping that this doesn't mean we all lose looksees at your writing.
Thank you hun. There's more to come with this writing- unfortunately right now I've just started a new job so work is taking priority but the rest will follow once I have a moment to do so. And while I will miss Soledad as a character as well, I promise I will do my best to let you still get peeks at writing through the others that live on yet.
well darling, let's hurt tonight
ImageOOC ONLY: THIS CHARACTER NO LONGER IS PLAYED ON GRID BY ME
Vetras

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:36 pm

I'm glad to hear it, Desi. I look forward to seeing more~

A few other roleplays I'd like to appreciate:

Badass - I adore this perspective and the detail that this writer put into their work. This type of character I'm a sucker for because it's one that's kept its traditions despite time running forward without them. If you haven't read this yet, give it a look and I hope there's more to be added.

Airhead Adventures - I don't think that I ever get to see enough of your writing, Eri but this was an excellent read. You slowed down time for the audience in a way where it was easy to picture and gave a peek of Airey that I don't think that I've seen before, which is utterly refreshing. Sole and Drusilla's combined efforts make my heart sing because they are beautifully collaborated and shows a new style by taking portions of both writers.

Lastly, This Is Amazeballs - The first post grabbed me immediately. It was very poetic and enticing for the reader. As the writing continued, it reminded me a little of how Chuck Palahniuk's writing (ultimately my favorite author ever). In most of his writing, there are little internal thoughts that speckle the pages. Sometimes there's small snippets of comic relief or something to add to the imagery and it brings the whole piece together in a way that holds the reader the entire time.
᛫ R.I.P 06/12/2020 ᛫
Ember
OOC: Flower
IGN: Ember Argent
Lineage: Beefcake
Graphic Artist: Self

Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:27 pm

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1078

Thoroughly enjoyed the second post! I love the inner turmoil (who doesn't) of a character and the way it can be so thoroughly put into a piece of work like this. Good job!
Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift.