Adaptation

Are you seeking advice from fellow writers, or perhaps have something valuable to share or discuss? Use this section to do just that and help strengthen our community! Post in our "References" thread, or browse, for the best tips and tricks. Discuss writing topics from character creation and world building, to sentence structure and grammar for flow. Whatever your technical and creative needs, find those resources and discussions here!
Anthony
OOC: James
IGN: Anthony
Clan: Unaffiliated
Lineage: Blackstone
Graphic Artist: Tessa

Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:26 am

Adaptation:
Something not as easy to do for one as it is for others. Adapt, get over it, and just move on. All words used for one in the attempts to be helpful and push you through those hard times. Until one has taken their first life, yes taken it was never yours to dispose of, you will never know the meaning of adaptation again. The situation changes your perspective, your ideas, and worse you. There are Times of peace, times of relaxation and supposed decompression times to ease the mind.

All times for one’s mind to think, the worst thing possible scenario or situation. Always on guard, checking behind you, questioning every move and looking for hidden deceptions. This is a true demeanor of one that has seen more than the average individual. The One, that is silent and observes the situation waiting as long as it takes for the one thing to look and feel out of place. Sadly, that time never comes in peace or relaxation, but the individual still waits.

The mind is a beautiful weapon, a two edge sword. It cuts deep into you for reassurance and self-doubt. Even one with a keen intellect, warriors mind and cunning wit fall prey to their own thoughts. This has not only been a weakness for the most powerful, but has become an enemy among all, not discriminating to anyone. Napoleon once wrote "The longer I plan and dissect my own plan is when I lose. But I never lose because I dissect my own plan." This was right before the battle of Waterloo.

It shows that even skilled leaders have doubt and when you question over and over, it can be your ruin. This is where I look back at my thoughts, and Trust is a factor when it comes to Adaptation. You need that trust to move forward, trust that your significant other has your six. Trust that you can rely on someone else to help you through the hardest of times. The times of self-loathing and doubt, find the one that picks you up when you are down.

It takes a valid attempt to adapt every day, to put my trust in a chosen few. I trust in a small group that guide me through tough times. Tough times, self-induced by my own mind in conflict. I push forward in attempts to trust, for a time that was my go to guide for solitude and solace. Regardless of whom one chooses and trusts in, always remind them and yourself how special that time is.

Tomorrow is never promised, and every day a gift.

How will you earn its respect?
<3 Arallara’s <3
House of Blackstone