The Forever Shadow of Death

Are you seeking advice from fellow writers, or perhaps have something valuable to share or discuss? Use this section to do just that and help strengthen our community! Post in our "References" thread, or browse, for the best tips and tricks. Discuss writing topics from character creation and world building, to sentence structure and grammar for flow. Whatever your technical and creative needs, find those resources and discussions here!
Anthony
OOC: James
IGN: Anthony
Clan: Unaffiliated
Lineage: Blackstone
Graphic Artist: Tessa

Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:40 pm

Breaking down a old passage I read once, the words are simple and the meanings are always up for interpretation. The book of many names and always implemented against it's intended use and used to rule nations and break armies. Simplistic in the writing, but deadlier then any disease. It was a passage memorized and engrained in my head. One I would repeat in times of dire situations. One that built up that strength to forge ahead and out run that shadow, always being the one to go home and grow from each near death.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death:

The Valley, life. From the moment we are brought into the realm of existence, we are in that shadow of death. We live under and forever fear the unknown of what may become. We question if there is a afterlife. We question, what is the true belief to put trust in. We denounce and push forward with our lives, never giving a second thought of when that shadow engulfs us.

I will fear no evil:

The lack of fear exists for many reasons. We feel no repercussions to our actions, to others feelings. And the most common, the demons that we let reside and live within us. How can we fear evil if we constantly laugh at it. The feeling of suppressing evil by exposing that of others, mocking them as we bed our own. The evil is deep within all, how you handle it creates the outcome remembered by those that feel the wrath of their own evil being thrown back at them.

for you are with me:

The ones you let in, the ones you trust and love. They grant you strength to push through. Regardless if they support your wicked or good intentions, you know they are there to offer guidance. This is comfort, this is the space in between both reality and fantasy. The euphoric feeling of closeness of a close knit connection. Good or bad, it is the tie that binds and comforts.

your rod and your staff:

Your words and your actions dictate the outcome of all that is created. The words can christen of chastise as the actions force the will of it deeper. Inner strife and conflict go hand in hand with the actions taken. Without one, it negates the other. Silence is louder when the action that is silenced in the shadow. Striking with out warning, maiming deeper then just the skin.

they comfort me:

Take comfort in all of the above, for it is the one that acts upon themselves who is to blame. Words are sweet and words are sour. Which one do you feel will comfort you? Which one is the one that will protect you and be there for you?
<3 Arallara’s <3
House of Blackstone