The Gallery - Banner Showcase

Claim your face before it is taken! Show off your art work and get advice on how to improve it - all things graphic.

Moderators: Aziza, Addie

Zach
OOC: Deen
IGN: Zach
Graphic Artist: Megatron :D

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:33 pm

I'll probably change the font for " Blue Eyed Boy" because I see what you're talking about.

A lot of my inspiration has come from Korean and Russian artists on deviantarts. I love the way the skin of their models look. I love how they do their lighting. They have similar anesthetics to how I used to do some of banners. So they've just been really great guides in how I want things to look. Also, just helping me to experiment in how I do text in banners as well.

So....I'm going to be blowing this thread up as I figure things out.

I again appreciate the feedback.
Childe of the Great Eye Collector
And when the world grows still and you feel a chill
Just know I'm there, cause I'm your ghost, cause I'm your ghost
Greyce
IGN: Greyce

Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:51 pm

ira wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:04 pm
you're output is pretty damn delicious no matter what style you choose to do. they're all gorgeous.

i like the zach avi a lot because it reminds me of drive. anybody who knows me knows i have a hard-on for ryan gosling and that and only god forgives are my favorite ones he plays in.

the neon glow is scrumptious but i'd go in at the elbow glow and the shoulder glow and, while not taking any lighting from the outside, use a 10% opacity eraser to erase with multiple clicks. or you could just add a touch more glow at his hip and between the 'c' and the 'h' on his arm.

i'd probably do a combination of both. either way, it's marvelous. his hair is uber yummy.

i agree with what both harv and sid said. i am also WICKED excited about you sending more pretty things to blow up this thread 'cause it needs it.
( CALLING ALL ARTISTS, COUGH, COUGH )
I also wanted to call a little attention to what harv made to point out that the text is pretty badass and that colors are bomb (i see that love of neon).
i also like the way it all balances out, at least to me. there's fun colors, a pretty and interesting model/pose/expression, and the text is great. i feel like it's all very cohesively in your face and i dig that.
cause you are, the only one
margot
IGN: margot

Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:20 am

I love both of you and your works so much. UGH.

Edit: oops I didn't see the new posts

It's ok you're all amazing
Ember
OOC: Flower
IGN: Ember Argent
Lineage: Beefcake
Graphic Artist: Self

Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:42 am

ira wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:04 pm
you're output is pretty damn delicious no matter what style you choose to do. they're all gorgeous.

i like the zach avi a lot because it reminds me of drive. anybody who knows me knows i have a hard-on for ryan gosling and that and only god forgives are my favorite ones he plays in.

the neon glow is scrumptious but i'd go in at the elbow glow and the shoulder glow and, while not taking any lighting from the outside, use a 10% opacity eraser to erase with multiple clicks. or you could just add a touch more glow at his hip and between the 'c' and the 'h' on his arm.

i'd probably do a combination of both. either way, it's marvelous. his hair is uber yummy.

UGH HERV. That glow. The text. NEON. (in other words, IT'S PRETTY!)

I wish I could be more helpful on the feedback spectrum, but I'm still playing with CS4 (I've never caught up with the times). So I'm really just not up to date on techniques, tools, or any of that fun stuff.
Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift.
Azara
IGN: Azara

Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:55 am

Dee getting back into banners makes me so damn happy. :D

I haven't done text in a while because I keep having my computer reformatted and never get around to downloading/reinstalling fonts. >.o I'm out of practice, and I feel like it's super off balance/too close to the right edge, but I also like the idea I was going for with the little pointy thing coming off the border, so... halp?

Also yes, I'm aware the size is a major wtf; 432 x 192 because reasons of sheer dumb >.<
Willa
OOC: Muffin
IGN: Willa
Lineage: de Draak-Schiaraffa

Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:26 pm

Loooove the banner I’ve messaged you my uncultured suggestions 😂
deDraak-Schiaraffa

Rhet
OOC: sid
IGN: Rhet
Lineage: Schiaraffa

Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:51 pm

that’s hot
B E . G A Y | | D O . C R I M E
Ember
OOC: Flower
IGN: Ember Argent
Lineage: Beefcake
Graphic Artist: Self

Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:37 pm

Azara wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:55 am
Dee getting back into banners makes me so damn happy. :D

I haven't done text in a while because I keep having my computer reformatted and never get around to downloading/reinstalling fonts. >.o I'm out of practice, and I feel like it's super off balance/too close to the right edge, but I also like the idea I was going for with the little pointy thing coming off the border, so... halp?

Also yes, I'm aware the size is a major wtf; 432 x 192 because reasons of sheer dumb >.<
Honestly, I don't think it needs anything Lyssa. I don't think it's really unbalanced either, maybe just your eye because you haven't used text/font in a long time?
Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift.
Greyce
IGN: Greyce

Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:32 pm

I think that Vex graphic is lovely. I think the only thing I've noticed more than anything, is that the left half of his face is hard to distinguish from the light beside it. I know it's a very clean cut-out job that you've done, so I know his face is there. It looked like a floating eye and eyebrow at a quick glance. The colors all blend and work to each other's advantages nicely, and I get washed out/dystopian vibes from it.

I wasn't going to post these, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cause you are, the only one
Willa
OOC: Muffin
IGN: Willa
Lineage: de Draak-Schiaraffa

Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:04 pm

Ahhh!!!!!! So gorgeous !!
deDraak-Schiaraffa