The Gallery - Banner Showcase

Claim your face before it is taken! Show off your art work and get advice on how to improve it - all things graphic.

Moderators: Kastanje, Addie

Tessa
OOC: Penny
IGN: -Tessa-
Lineage: Ashenvale

Fri May 21, 2021 4:53 pm

For Harley Demona.
Lord Tristran
OOC: Tristian Rorek
IGN: Tristrael
Clan: Ilmatêr
Lineage: Amy
Graphic Artist: Owlcat® & Sabalmirss

Mon May 24, 2021 1:56 am

(I shan't be using this one, as the rules do not allow images of these dimensions to be used.) 🌇

-----

Edit:

Someone sent me the cosplay of herself, posing as Rèvan. I can't use this in any sense, because of the size-dimensions.
kotor__assault_on_the_star_forge__by_fordprefect4242_d4nnx0x-fullview.jpg
kotor__assault_on_the_star_forge__by_fordprefect4242_d4nnx0x-fullview.jpg (112.09 KiB) Viewed 372 times
Church
Site Admin
OOC: Tex

Thu May 27, 2021 8:58 am

Lord Tristran wrote:

(I shan't be using this one, as the rules do not allow images of these dimensions to be used.) 🌇

-----

Edit:

Someone sent me the cosplay of herself, posing as Rèvan. I can't use this in any sense, because of the size-dimensions.

You can't use any of that. This isn't a 'write star wars characters' site, it's a fictional newspaper based on a supernatural city called Ravenblack, which everyone here participates in by writing SUPERNATURAL characters that reside in or near the city. Not the Mandalorian, not Rèvan, or any predesigned character from movies, games or books. Original Characters; lycans, vampires, ghosts, etc. Not Jedi. I've sent you a message, please read it.
Marlo
OOC: Aimee
IGN: Marlo
Lineage: Pace

Thu May 27, 2021 9:56 am

Church wrote:
Lord Tristran wrote:

-----

Edit:

You can't use any of that. This isn't a 'write star wars characters' site, it's a fictional newspaper based on a supernatural city called Ravenblack, which everyone here participates in by writing SUPERNATURAL characters that reside in or near the city. Not the Mandalorian, not Rèvan, or any predesigned character from movies, games or books. Original Characters; lycans, vampires, ghosts, etc. Not Jedi. I've sent you a message, please read it.

Regardless of this not being a "write Star Wars character's site", this seems like a good way to drive off another new player. Is Ab Antiquo specifically for Star Wars fanfiction and other things of that like? No. But I ask, why can't someone write any kind of character that they want in our community? That's generally the consensus I feel and see and have seen for years--that anyone can write anything they want. Why not write a Jedi vampire? Just because it's not my cup of tea or yours, doesn't mean it's wrong. I went through the rules here on the forum and didn't see anything that stops someone from doing that and I don't see them breaking any rules on that front. (The graphic size, sure, but that's another issue.)

If we're going to go off the "rules" for character types that this forum is part of, Vampires! A Dark Alleyway, then we have to look at the grid, which states that your character is a vampire, no matter what. People have fought against judgement for years in our community to write human characters, werewolves, hunters, fairies, mermaids, etc, and I thought we were finally in a zone where any kind of character was welcomed. As far as not being allowed to use characters that aren't original, I really only want to direct everyone's attention to the character Lestat de Lioncourt, or as we know him on grid, King Lestat. He's a direct copy of Anne Rice's character, which the writer has never hidden. I've also seen other non-original characters being written and that's never been an issue.

I also feel like there was a better, less aggressive way to go about something like this (besides the fact that I don't think it's necessary to dictate what type of character anyone wants to write, since I thought we were an open community of creativity.) I just worry that this constant harsh language from many older players is a root problem for why new players don't stick. Those of us who have been around for years are used to it and not bothered, but new people aren't, and it just isn't the kind of open and welcoming community I thought we all wanted to be.
Church
Site Admin
OOC: Tex

Thu May 27, 2021 10:16 am

Marlo wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:56 am
Church wrote:
Lord Tristran wrote:

-----

Edit:

Regardless of this not being a "write Star Wars character's site", this seems like a good way to drive off another new player. Is Ab Antiquo specifically for Star Wars fanfiction and other things of that like? No. But I ask, why can't someone write any kind of character that they want in our community? That's generally the consensus I feel and see and have seen for years--that anyone can write anything they want. Why not write a Jedi vampire? Just because it's not my cup of tea or yours, doesn't mean it's wrong. I went through the rules here on the forum and didn't see anything that stops someone from doing that and I don't see them breaking any rules on that front. (The graphic size, sure, but that's another issue.)

If we're going to go off the "rules" for character types that this forum is part of, Vampires! A Dark Alleyway, then we have to look at the grid, which states that your character is a vampire, no matter what. People have fought against judgement for years in our community to write human characters, werewolves, hunters, fairies, mermaids, etc, and I thought we were finally in a zone where any kind of character was welcomed. As far as not being allowed to use characters that aren't original, I really only want to direct everyone's attention to the character Lestat de Lioncourt, or as we know him on grid, King Lestat. He's a direct copy of Anne Rice's character, which the writer has never hidden. I've also seen other non-original characters being written and that's never been an issue.

I also feel like there was a better, less aggressive way to go about something like this (besides the fact that I don't think it's necessary to dictate what type of character anyone wants to write, since I thought we were an open community of creativity.) I just worry that this constant harsh language from many older players is a root problem for why new players don't stick. Those of us who have been around for years are used to it and not bothered, but new people aren't, and it just isn't the kind of open and welcoming community I thought we all wanted to be.
I'll just PM you.

ETA - this isn't an argument or a debate. I'd appreciate it if I'm not made to split this thread. Anyone can feel free to start a new topic if this has stirred some interesting discussion points between yourselves, but with regards to the character in question there is no stifling creativity going on; just a lot of attempts to explain things met with what seems like more confusion.
Lord Tristran

Thu May 27, 2021 10:28 pm

----- Police
I realise that I am-not qualified to deal with-matter, so-and-so. I swear to stand down, and let the appropriate-Police take-over. ✌️⚖️🛡️☦️
Lord Tristran

Thu May 27, 2021 10:44 pm

I asked to be banned from this Forum-- multiple times. So, please do this. ⛨
Marlo
OOC: Aimee
IGN: Marlo
Lineage: Pace

Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:56 pm

I am rusty AF on everything, which includes making graphics. Here's some I've made in the last week! Avatars? Don't know her. :?

Reno
OOC: Bean
IGN: Reno+Tarshil
Graphic Artist: Lil

Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:21 pm

Marlo wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:56 pm
Here's some I've made in the last week!
One thing I missed about being inactive in RBC Major is looking at everyone's amazing graphics. And god I'm missed your graphics 😭
Greyce
IGN: Greyce

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:59 am

It's been a long time so I played around with something bigger than a regular banner set.

cause you are, the only one