CHALLENGE | Community Growth and Development: Graphic Edition

Claim your face before it is taken! Show off your art work and get advice on how to improve it - all things graphic.

Moderators: Aziza, Addie

Greyce
IGN: Greyce

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:17 pm

That's a fantastic image, and you still had a week left! I'm happy to see you had fun!!
(I'm going to leave more feedback later, but had to express my excitement for now)
cause you are, the only one
ira
IGN: ira

Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:02 pm

wonderful!
[ WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD MEN GONE AND WHERE ARE ALL THE GODS? ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ WHERE'S THE STREETWISE HERCULES TO FIGHT THE RISING ODDS? ]
Greyce

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:14 am

-- -- -- About 14 minutes late but, CLOSED -- -- --
Greyce

Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:06 pm

Okay! I owed feedback and a reveal of the intent behind this competition, so I'll give that in that order.

I really enjoyed this piece, Lyssa, and I'm also really glad it helped get you back in your groove! When I first saw it I knew that the creatures in the background and the cards were part of your 3 things- but I'll admit I didn't realize those were whales at first.

I'm very happy to see that they were?! They're one of my favorite parts of it, overall. I also love the abstract and surreal approach you took to this challenge because I never would have thought to do that, and the result is killer.

I do wish you'd have gone a little more outside your comfort zone, but I can see where you did, so that definitely counts. Your finished piece is polished, cohesive, and tells a story about a place I'd love to visit.

That said, the mystery criteria is one that no one met, and I guess in its own way that was an answer and end to my little social experiment.

My last criteria was community involvement. Both the artist to the community at large, and the community for the artist. I was hoping to get a little bit of progress in the thread as it was going so it could bring people together, because what I've seen happen with the graphic threads is that there are a handful of people who inspire praise and commentary, and then there are others who get completely overlooked and swept beneath the rug.

I in no way thought this little competition would fix that, but I did hope to get conversation going.

This was, as the title said, a challenge for community growth and development. I'm a little sorry we didn't see more of it.

BUT Lyssa did a great job, and I hope that anyone who reads this can enjoy her piece as much as I did. Enjoy your $10, Lyssa! :)