Face Claim Discussion.

Claim your face before it is taken! Show off your art work and get advice on how to improve it - all things graphic.

Moderators: Aziza, Addie

Vex
Editor
OOC: Lyssa
IGN: Vex
Lineage: de Draak
Graphic Artist: Megatron

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:26 pm

Reyna wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm
It's also pretty shady that Shauna's comment was deleted by staff only for someone affiliated to swoop in with the same claim.
Is that really what’s shady about all this?

It’s a face claim. You don’t need a claim for a face if you don’t have an account for that character.

None of this should be even remotely dramatic. It’s a list so people don’t double claim faces and so people can make banners more easily. Nobody has any real ‘claim’ over any of the models other than we all, as players, agree to respect each other. Can we take a step back and assess what exactly is being argued over? Is it really worth a bunch of hostility? I’d hazard the answer is no.
𒀭𒄊𒀕𒃲
In this twilight how dare you speak of grace

Character Sheet - - The Recovery Diaries
Vetras
IGN: Vetras

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:28 pm

Daly was actually using Rakim for the last year. >.>
᛫ R.I.P 06/12/2020 ᛫
Daly
IGN: Daly
Clan: The House of Silence
Lineage: O'Collin

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:30 pm

Vex wrote:
Reyna wrote:
It's also pretty shady that Shauna's comment was deleted by staff only for someone affiliated to swoop in with the same claim.

It’s a face claim. You don’t need a claim for a face if you don’t have an account for that character.

None of this should be even remotely dramatic. It’s a list so people don’t double claim faces and so people can make banners more easily. Nobody has any real ‘claim’ over any of the models other than we all, as players, agree to respect each other. Can we take a step back and assess what exactly is being argued over? Is it really worth a bunch of hostility? I’d hazard the answer is no.

My argument is that the name Daly was not on the list, nor was there a claim filed for him. So I made a claim. Idk what the rest of the shit show is, but that's why I made the claim today. Because he wasn't on the list.
Jenny | The House of Silence.
.Husband.Brother.Sire.Outlaw.

King of Silence.
Daly

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:33 pm

Vex wrote:
Reyna wrote:

And yes, actually. Deleting the comment and stealing the claim is basically saying you guys are going to do whatever you want and we can fuck ourselves, just not so vulgar.
Jenny | The House of Silence.
.Husband.Brother.Sire.Outlaw.

King of Silence.
Amara
OOC: Kristen
IGN: SaintAmara
Graphic Artist: Harv

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:35 pm

use whatever model you want to use! who cares! shauna (because let’s be real, she said dibs first via screen shot) AND cia want to use daniel bambad? BOTH OF Y’ALL HAVE AT IT! TWINSIES! no need for hostility, guys! it’s just a fun game!
Last edited by Amara on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• SAINTAMARA •
Liander
OOC: Justin
IGN: Liander
Graphic Artist: Kris

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:36 pm

Guys, I've found the solution to the lack of activity in the community: create drama in the Face Claim. :lol:

And friendly reminder that Cia is not affiliated with Ab Antiquo staff - a roster that includes many people not in our "clique" that you all seem to have a hard-on for suddenly.
MY CHURCH OFFERS NO ABSOLUTES

Tracker
Daly

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:38 pm

Liander wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:36 pm
Guys, I've found the solution to the lack of activity in the community: create drama in the Face Claim. :lol:

And friendly reminder that Cia is not affiliated with Ab Antiquo staff - a roster that includes many people not in our "clique" that you all seem to have a hard-on for suddenly.

Thanks for the reminder, I actually don't know the entire staff because of lack of caring. But I know bullshit when I see it. And deleting a claim to let a friend steal it, is bullshit. I like Amaraplayer idea, Twinsies. Boom.
Maggie
IGN: Maggie Collins

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:40 pm

Vetras wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:16 pm
It's tedious but it's not hard to do. You CTRL+F to find the name of a character on the Face Claim and have another window up with the members list where you can search by alphabetical order. And since there could always be the potential of new players coming in, it would be more welcoming to them to have a completely updated list that adheres to the rule that Cia quoted.
The FC List is organized by IGN, not by display name.

Some characters that have accounts on the forum have IGNs that are different, so matching Display Names to the FC List wouldn't be entirely accurate or super easy to do even using that method. You would have to go through each unmatched display name's profile to look at the IGN since there's no search for IGN's specifically via the memberlist.
Vetras
IGN: Vetras

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:41 pm

If it's so hard, I can do it for you guys? This is basic board maintenance and if you're updating it for new claims, why is it such a big deal to take a little extra time to remove those that don't have accounts at all?
᛫ R.I.P 06/12/2020 ᛫
Vulture
OOC: Zuul
IGN: Vulture
Lineage: Corvidae

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:42 pm

I feel like if we had a staffer solely for that sort of thing, it'd be less of a headache? And maybe we can split this discussion off into a separate thread?
CATHARTIDAE