Face Claim Discussion.

Claim your face before it is taken! Show off your art work and get advice on how to improve it - all things graphic.

Moderators: Aziza, Addie

Damacus
IGN: Damacus

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:41 pm

http://rbnecropolis.com/viewtopic.php?f ... zed#p72216

AKA August 23rd, 2017, 12:05 am. Soooo, maybe shut yer mouth.
A G R I P P A
Single-mindedness is all powerful
浪人
ophelia
OOC: -
IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason
Graphic Artist: Greyce

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:41 pm

Actually he has
Amari
IGN: Mahila Daeva
Lineage: Sherazi
Graphic Artist: Ben!

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:51 pm

Vex wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:26 pm

None of this should be even remotely dramatic. It’s a list so people don’t double claim faces and so people can make banners more easily. Nobody has any real ‘claim’ over any of the models other than we all, as players, agree to respect each other. Can we take a step back and assess what exactly is being argued over? Is it really worth a bunch of hostility? I’d hazard the answer is no.
Ima slide this back into view because... well yes.

Face Claims are meant to be for fun. They aren't OUR faces to actually claim in reality. There is an actual person behind the pretty face. This shouldn't get to the point of being dramatic or hostile for a game.
Amara wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:48 pm
i still vote for twinsies.
This really shouldn't be public, I feel like the people involved could easily reach out behind the scenes. So. Let's just have fun people.
Pride can Make the Strongest Man Weak
Rossetti
IGN: Theodore
Graphic Artist: moi

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:59 pm

I don't normally weigh in on stuff like this, but I'm going to this time.

I'm going to very simply and calmly say that it's bad taste that Shauna's claim was deleted and another made. I can vouch for the fact that it was there, along with the SS that Alex had. Call it whatever we want, bad taste is what it is.

I don't think there's need for this intense passive-aggressive back and forth, and this did not have to turn into a clusterfuck of negativity.

Claiming a model can be a touchy thing for all of us. We like who we like, we use who we want, and we get a little chafed when the person we have our eye on gets snatched up. Not everyone wants to share, and that's how it is. We shouldn't push sharing on people.

That said.

It's always been first dibs and the whole 'so-so has used so-so for years', and it's worked a lot like common law. I think the general community wants a reason as to why this claim was deleted, or for Shauna to be granted it. This board doesn't force you to sign up an account with the IGN and I've had the headache of trying to track down an IGN to a board username, and it's a nightmare when you don't know the character. I don't think it's fair to tell players to do the work themselves in light of that, but also, no one addressed the issue at hand.

Why was the post deleted? Why are people skipped over? Are changes going to be implemented to ensure this doesn't happen again?

I think we'd just like simple answers without the condescension and blatant nastiness. Props to Micah for being civil, even if it wasn't addressed. Lyssa for being mature. Amara's writer for trying to lighten the mood. Andrea for bringing it up for discussion, Alex for the support.
. it's awful cold, golden boy .
Vanderbilt: Theodore, you are the exact opposite of handsome and your eyes are trash.
#sadboysclub
Amari
IGN: Mahila Daeva
Lineage: Sherazi
Graphic Artist: Ben!

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:10 pm

Rossetti wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:59 pm

Why was the post deleted? Why are people skipped over? Are changes going to be implemented to ensure this doesn't happen again?

I think we'd just like simple answers
Thats the thing, they actually did answer those questions. Its on the first page, and is the third post. The answer WAS given yet this is still going on?
Oberon wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:24 pm
Please claim only for accounts active on this board.
Laxus
Last active: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:42 am
Find a member: Anyone
No members found for this search criterion.
Consiliario wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:29 pm
Face Claims
When claiming please use;

IGN:
Claim:

Please claim only for accounts active on this board. If there is no account associated, or the account making the claim does not match the IGN, the request will be ignored. Likewise, a double claim on a model will be ignored unless it's a secondary claim.
ETA: I'm posting this to hopefully help, that was a good question. I'll admit even I was a little lost to the whole "where's the answer?" Until I realized it reached a point of "What is the argument really about?"

Which I was i feel like any further issues on Face Claims by member who have real concerns can continue privately. The answer for the initial questions on this board have been answered from the looks of it.

This isn't paid work for the staff who volunteer there time. They do a lot after their day to day lives. They aren't perfect, none of us our. This game shouldnt be stressful for anyone more than life already can be. So hopefully this helps clear it up sooner than later.
Last edited by Amari on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pride can Make the Strongest Man Weak
Rossetti
IGN: Theodore
Graphic Artist: moi

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:12 pm

But does Anyone have a different username than IGN?

Like Theo, here, is Rossetti on the board, but his IGN is Theodore. Unless that was answered, too. And if it was, that's my bad and I'll hush right up.
. it's awful cold, golden boy .
Vanderbilt: Theodore, you are the exact opposite of handsome and your eyes are trash.
#sadboysclub
Admin
Site Admin

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:48 pm

Instead of doing a series of small posts, the moderation team here at Ab Antiquo has decided to do a large post to clear up recent questions, issues, and suggestions surrounding our OOC graphics Face Claim thread.

Why was a post deleted in the first place? All posts in the Face Claim thread are deleted once the issue is resolved to keep the thread cleaned up. As stated in the rules, claims are only granted if they are tied to an active Ab Antiquo account and are posted by the account in question. The IGN on the account (which must be filled out to register) must match the IGN of the face claim. As with any resolved issue, this post was deleted once it was determined there was no account attached to it. There is no waiting or grace period — simply post with the account in question, and it will not be an issue.

What about claims already made that aren’t tied to an active account? When the new Ab Antiquo forum was made, the old claims list was simply copy and pasted onto this one. That means there is likely some accounts that were claimed on the old Ab that were carried over here (the old FC is still available here). If you see someone claimed by an account, simply check to see if that account exists or is active (within a year) on this board. If it doesn’t exist, or is inactive, simply take the claim and leave a note stating that the account is inactive. If it is active, normal claiming rules apply, and you may privately ask to share the claim, if the original person is okay with it.

Why would one claim be accepted over another? Simply put: following the rules. If the initial poster does not follow the rules, the claim will not be upheld. Even if someone swoops in immediately to claim the same name right after it’s deleted, the one that properly follows the rules will be upheld. This is simply to make it even across the board and to prevent any bias. It is not in our interest to gauge the validness of claims due to “bad taste” or “pettiness.” If it follows the rules, it is accepted. If it doesn’t follow the rules, it is not accepted. Any issues resulting personally between claims need to be hashed out with those involved, and does not have any bearing on moderation.

How can we prevent this from happening in the future? The first step would be to read the rules carefully on this board. If that had occurred, this wouldn’t be an issue and the original posting would have been accepted. Going forward from that, though, we’re more than willing to listen to suggestions about things such as signing up with IGNs (to better assist searching the member list to see if people are active), or editing the face claim list to reflect log-ins rather than IGNs.

Thank you all for bringing this discussion to our attention. However, as much as we’d love for everyone to stay on our forum and contribute to it, there’s no pleasing everyone and our first priority is making sure that rules are followed evenly across the board. We understand if following those rules to a T is upsetting to some, and we understand any decisions to then step back from this forum because of it. However, we at Ab Antiquo firmly believe that only by adhering to these rules can we make this forum a fair environment for all. We’re not perfect, and we’re still working on it, but that is and has always been our goal.
Orion
OOC: Shauna
IGN: Orion
Lineage: O'Collin

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:01 pm

A few notes; I didn't pitch a hissy fit. I've yet to comment on this thread and actually didn't even realize the comment had been deleted. Awkward.

The apparent issue (beyond the rule breaking, which I'll come back around to) is that it's widely accepted that Daniel bamdad is still in use by a character. (This coming from cias insinuation about the level of pettiness and the back and forth that ensued about Damacus and Daly.)

If the issue is that the write would prefer the model remain in disuse out of respect for a transitioned character, I can get behind that, and even though I've asked for the writer not to speak to me, messages are sent through the grapevine all the time-- now would have been no exception, I'd think.

If the reason cia rushed in to create an account was because, well, literally any other reason, well... Is anyone actually surprised?

As for anyone not having an account with AB.... I apologize for not paying attention, its never been an issue before and I personally have several face claims listed that have never logged into the AB.

You dont gotta lie to kick it.
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil.
For I am the baddest motherfucker alive.
O'Collin Warlord | House of Silence 2iC
D•D•F•F•K•K•J•Z•A
You don't want no smoke.

Admin
Site Admin

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:32 pm

Again, the deletion of the claim in question was due to the IGN 'Anyone' not holding an account within AB at all.
As for previous claims that are already up there but do not have or have never had an account within AB, old and new, this is because 'Old AB' did not have this rule. The current version does.

Thank you.