RBC Games: Campaign

For all your city-wide advertising needs, from events to classifieds, including clans, personals, yard sales, and anything else you'd like to advertise.
Godfrey
IGN: iGodfrey
Lineage: No Affiliations

Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:45 pm

NOTE: The following information is subject to change leading up to the date of registration.

ATLAS ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS...

S U M M E R

The Campaign is a team style tournament. Teams of 5 individuals (no more than 2 of the same clan and/or bloodline on the same team) will go through a series of tasks that lead up to a team vs team battle. The final team left standing will be the winner. There will a grand prize of 1Mc to the winning team and a parade prior to the start of the tasks featuring the teams, their names, and their colors/banners. Team registration is free. Warriors, however, will have to supply their own weapons.

Spectators aren't left out of this event. Ticket buyers will be granted access to the Games site* where all the information regarding the teams and the events that span the two weeks of The Campaign is found. They will also be granted access to the live stadium, the opening ceremony to meet the teams, the victory party, and be given swag. Tickets will be available at Standard and VIP levels. Ticket buyers are also able to bet on teams to possibly earn some extra coin (or even win back their ticket price and then some).

Vendors, event planners, and media are welcome and encouraged to participate before, during, and after the actual tasks begin.

Start date is set for July 16th. Registration & ticket dates and details will be announced prior.

-------------------------

SEEKING...

Atlas is currently looking for the following ASAP:

CONSULT: Experienced warriors and faction leaders who can review and give input on the planning and structure of the Campaign, specifically the tasks themselves.

SPONSORS: Buy-in starts at a 100,000c minimum. Sponsors will be given VIP level access as well as official thanks and recognition for sponsoring the Campaign. Sponsors who step forward now will be asked to hold their funds for the time being.

If you're interested or have any questions, please contact me directly by message or phone [TJtheScribe #8408].

Other announcements and adverts to come. Stay tuned.

( OOC: *The Game site will be in dual form this year by making use of the Ab and of Discord. No new registration sites necessary. )
Last edited by Godfrey on Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Airey
OOC: Rini
IGN: Airey
Lineage: Aydolette de Novek
Graphic Artist: MEGNIFICENT

Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:37 pm

If they're tasks why do we need to provide our own weapons?
Asking for myself....

...Wait.
Wait...
...Wait!

Before you get to that.
What the HELL is this shit!? The Campaign?
RBC Games?
I'm old.
Explain.
I'm confused and I don't like it...
Ask Airey
"Look both ways, before you cross me, I tell you "
"Look both ways, 'cause if you cross me, I'll kill you"
Fabi | Gucci Gang | Blood Gang
Damacus
IGN: Damacus

Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:55 pm

Good to see more activity being promoted in the city, There are going to be a great many games rolled out, tested, and implemented into the commonwealth over the remainder of the year, and I hope people come out and give them a try. We should all take part in a thread that discusses that very aim so folks can tell us what they most want to play, and what things we most want to engage in as a community, and even these types of games can be discussed and extrapolated on by those who might attend or spectate.

I will note however, that unless the revenue from the tickets goes to the participants 100%, I don't think charging for such an event is wise.

Other than that, best of luck in this endeavor.
A G R I P P A
Single-mindedness is all powerful
浪人
Airey
OOC: Rini
IGN: Airey
Lineage: Aydolette de Novek
Graphic Artist: MEGNIFICENT

Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:15 pm

Damacus wrote:
Good to see more activity being promoted in the city, There are going to be a great many games rolled out, tested, and implemented into the commonwealth over the remainder of the year, and I hope people come out and give them a try. We should all take part in a thread that discusses that very aim so folks can tell us what they most want to play, and what things we most want to engage in as a community, and even these types of games can be discussed and extrapolated on by those who might attend or spectate.

I will note however, that unless the revenue from the tickets goes to the participants 100%, I don't think charging for such an event is wise.

Other than that, best of luck in this endeavor.
See, I didn't even catch that until you brought it up.
I'm still stuck on what the whole weapons for tasks deal is.

I like games. I like events. I like knock out dodge ball HW battles.
I don't like vague. Or paying for shit I can do for free.
Ask Airey
"Look both ways, before you cross me, I tell you "
"Look both ways, 'cause if you cross me, I'll kill you"
Fabi | Gucci Gang | Blood Gang
Godfrey

Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:19 pm

Airey wrote:
What the HELL is this shit!? The Campaign?
RBC Games?
I'm old.
Explain.
I'm confused and I don't like it...
Don't worry. You haven't missed anything.

The Campaign is 2 out of 3 series of games produced and hosted by Atlas Industries for the entertainment of the city residency. Think of it as the supernatural Olympics. This is the first year for the Campaign. Unlike the Colosseum, which happened last year and was skipped this year, the Campaign is a team sport focused on team glory and not individual glory (as was the case in the Colosseum).

Airey wrote:
If they're tasks why do we need to provide our own weapons?
Asking for myself....
We considered the idea of Sponsorship functioning as a person paying for the participant, but we already have Sponsors paying that 1 million coin grand prize.

Participants don't pay to play, so all they need to do is bring themselves and their gear. If the Campaign goes well for another year, we can integrate a double sponsorship system where sponsors can financially support a team of their choice.* Until then, however, if people want to play, they have to come prepared and handle the gear among their teammates.

Damacus wrote:
It does.

One of Atlas's primary goals is to be able to pay its staff for all of their hard work. These events, while fun, are a lot of work. While most are fine with subjecting those who do the work to charity, I personally don't see the value in that. I would much rather compensate them with coin.

That said, as The Games are 100% for public entertainment (they are called the RavenBlack City Games, not the Atlas Games for that reason), all revenue goes to the Games (to fill in the grand prize pot or add to the next) or a related organization or event (i.e., another event like this hosted by someone else or Défi des Ardents, etc.). Prize money has to come from somewhere and Atlas nor myself have that kind of coin.

As such, Atlas nor its staff will be given a single coin from this event.

*Note: If people still want to do this, they can still do so unofficially.
Alex Ayres
OOC: Alessio
IGN: AlexAyres
Lineage: LoL

Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:40 am

Last year I wanted to try and run a thievery competition. It was kind of for research. I wanted to see what the average haul was, the success rate, etc. etc. but I was talked out of it by a bunch of people saying it wasn't possible because a lot of people would cheat by buffing up their "employees" with coin and robbing them and other nefarious ways of entering themselves into the competition more than once.

Either way, I think a thievery competition would be cool, if you can logistically figure out how to make it work.

I had a plan on how it would work out so that you could minimize some of the cheating. If you decide to go for a thievery competition as one of your games, and are stuck, let me know and I'll gladly share with you what I came up with.

Otherwise this is a cool idea. I hope it works out and you end up doing this year after year. The city could use friendly competition.

I don't believe in the use of employees to mine me city coin, so I don't have the bank account to offer you a sponsorship, but if there is any other way I can support this, please don't hesitate to ask.
Seyda
OOC: Stephanie
IGN: Seyda
Lineage: St. John
Graphic Artist: Kenna

Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:29 am

Hey Godfrey! Good to see you up and moving around again! If you need my input again this year, feel free to holler!
Godfrey

Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:44 am

Alex Ayres wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:40 am
Last year I wanted to try and run a thievery competition. It was kind of for research. I wanted to see what the average haul was, the success rate, etc. etc. but I was talked out of it by a bunch of people saying it wasn't possible because a lot of people would cheat by buffing up their "employees" with coin and robbing them and other nefarious ways of entering themselves into the competition more than once.

Either way, I think a thievery competition would be cool, if you can logistically figure out how to make it work.

I had a plan on how it would work out so that you could minimize some of the cheating. If you decide to go for a thievery competition as one of your games, and are stuck, let me know and I'll gladly share with you what I came up with.
Sounds interesting. We'll talk.

Seyda wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:29 am
Hey Godfrey! Good to see you up and moving around again! If you need my input again this year, feel free to holler!
Gladly!