Dishing Out Dirt

For all your city-wide advertising needs, from events to classifieds, including clans, personals, yard sales, and anything else you'd like to advertise.
ophelia
OOC: -
IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason
Graphic Artist: Greyce

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:54 pm

Narcisssa wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:52 pm
These are words.
Wars have been started for less, darlin'.
drew
IGN: drewbeary
Lineage: Morais

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:23 pm

I tend to find if wars are started over words or less than that...it tends to be pride getting in the way? Maybe that's just me though.
Damacus
IGN: Damacus

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:26 pm

drew wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:23 pm
I tend to find if wars are started over words or less than that...it tends to be pride getting in the way? Maybe that's just me though.
I’ve yet to experience that myself. Every war I’ve been a part of has been over power, threats, oppression and relentless harassment.
-

And this isn’t anything new at all. It’s just the latest rekindling of the oldest coward’s tools in the book. Anonymity. You’ll notice that the targets were selected to cause dissent in one rank, and potentially trigger attacks by one known to attack over pride and boredom on the other.

And I hear all of you sing very different tunes when the dirt is being done to you so forgive me if I have to discount fair-weather opinions.

That the post exists in this paper is only the latest breach of an agreement which is fraying by the second.

But I’m a patient man where it counts and will have all my ducks in a row before I start roasting them.
A G R I P P A
Single-mindedness is all powerful
浪人
drew

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:21 pm

Maybe I see pride differently?
Power can be a prideful thing? As can oppression? Threats can be a mix of ego and pride.

You'll have to forgive my ignorance about anything regarding rank with these posts. I don't know most these people or how they're connected, but it all appears random from the cruise to chocolates.
Wait...was there chocolates at the cruise?!

:|
Narcisssa
IGN: Narcisssa
Lineage: ...
Graphic Artist: Mandolin!

Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:48 pm

And this isn’t anything new at all. It’s just the latest rekindling of the oldest coward’s tools in the book. Anonymity. You’ll notice that the targets were selected to cause dissent in one rank, and potentially trigger attacks by one known to attack over pride and boredom on the other.
I'm confused here. Are you calling those who use anonymity to report the news that comes to them cowards, or the people who submit the information anonymously to them? Funnily enough when I did it way back, Ophelia was aware. She was supportive. She was my Sire. She was my leader.

The point of the anonymity was never to protect those of us at VNN ourselves. Quite the contrary. It was more for the sake of those submitting the gossip, like a confessional booth. Perhaps they felt safer telling someone something secret and not knowing who they were? There was no malicious conspiracy behind our motives. Ferrero and I brought together a group of others, each from varying, even enemy lines. We had a standard code of ethics: If it was told to us personally, in confidence, it remained that way. Never did we ever submit anything trusted to us outside of our work. Also. ALL information that came to us would be reported. Regardless of how we felt about it. Regardless of the fact that we would open our inboxes and see our own families reporting stuff on each other. I'm talking, childer, partners, clanmates, you name it. We would still remove our disguises and go home at the end of the shift and still love them the same as before, because we did not bring our work home with us, nor did we use it to our advantage.

To call those submitting gossip cowards, I still do not agree. People should be able to put forward something without the fear of being beaten down, bullied, and ridiculed.

This was not an issue when Lorrena was doing it for Valentines day? Many of those seemed to be blanketed attempts to throw mistrust in people's relationships. Had Lorrena used an alias would it have been an issue?

Gossip rags are supposed to be entertaining, and taken with an ocean's worth of salt. As we always used to say, "don't shoot the messenger".
Koz
Caden
Liaison
IGN: Caden

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:08 pm

Narcisssa wrote:

To call those submitting gossip cowards, I still do not agree. People should be able to put forward something without the fear of being beaten down, bullied, and ridiculed.

This was not an issue when Lorrena was doing it for Valentines day? Many of those seemed to be blanketed attempts to throw mistrust in people's relationships. Had Lorrena used an alias would it have been an issue?

Gossip rags are supposed to be entertaining, and taken with an ocean's worth of salt. As we always used to say, "don't shoot the messenger".
I disagree.

All that they are doing is hiding behind their anonymity because they’re too afraid to say what they want in fear of retribution. This way, they can submit their gossip, have a laugh, and not have to face any of the consequences for it. Why should someone who wants to insult, belittle or stir up drama be protected and have a ‘safe’ environment to do so?

That is all these things are ever good for. They’re not entertaining in the least.
F E R R I S
ALL ALONG THERE WAS SOME INVISIBLE STRING TYING YOU TO ME

Damacus

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:27 pm

Narcisssa wrote:
I'm confused here. Are you calling those who use anonymity to report the news that comes to them cowards, or the people who submit the information anonymously to them? Funnily enough when I did it way back, Ophelia was aware. She was supportive. She was my Sire. She was my leader.

The point of the anonymity was never to protect those of us at VNN ourselves. Quite the contrary. It was more for the sake of those submitting the gossip, like a confessional booth. Perhaps they felt safer telling someone something secret and not knowing who they were? There was no malicious conspiracy behind our motives. Ferrero and I brought together a group of others, each from varying, even enemy lines. We had a standard code of ethics: If it was told to us personally, in confidence, it remained that way. Never did we ever submit anything trusted to us outside of our work. Also. ALL information that came to us would be reported. Regardless of how we felt about it. Regardless of the fact that we would open our inboxes and see our own families reporting stuff on each other. I'm talking, childer, partners, clanmates, you name it. We would still remove our disguises and go home at the end of the shift and still love them the same as before, because we did not bring our work home with us, nor did we use it to our advantage.

I'm most certainly and entirely saying that since it's inception the use of anonymity in this paper has been nothing but a cowards tool. I was banned for taking up a counter cowl myself to prove that and the thin skin of the people that were pointing it around. Funnily enough when people were spreading bullshit and lies about Dea, you were aware and didn't support it. So again, it's interesting how things change on the wind.

Protect from what? I thought everyone and all of you love holy water and all that jazz? I hear these things and then in practice, it's never the case. Protect you from what? The consequences of your words, actions, and what you choose to spread around whether it's truth or fiction?

And I'm very pointedly saying that there is no one "submitting gossip." Every bit of that post was a political machination and quite literally nothing else. Which is why it conveniently addresses the three parties it addresses and in the manner it addresses them. So bullshit, with a side of bullshit, and some in a doggy bag for later.
Narcisssa wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:52 pm
We are fucking immortal. We war. We kill. We feast on the dead.
Correct. And if you fuck with us that's on your ass. Don't hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself.
A G R I P P A
浪人
drew

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:46 pm

Wow. People are really intense around here.
O.o
Narcisssa
IGN: Narcisssa
Lineage: ...
Graphic Artist: Mandolin!

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm

Correct. And if you fuck with us that's on your ass. Don't hand me no lines and keep your hands to yourself.
Are you actually threatening me over a difference of opinion, or have I misread that?
Koz
Damacus

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:08 pm

Narcisssa wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm
Are you actually threatening me over a difference of opinion, or have I misread that?
No, I'm not threatening you silly.
The General "you" about the general "us/we" as Vampires.
A G R I P P A
浪人