The Seventh Rank

For all your city-wide advertising needs, from events to classifieds, including clans, personals, yard sales, and anything else you'd like to advertise.
Liander
OOC: Justin
IGN: Liander
Graphic Artist: Kris

Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:21 am

Founded in 2003, the Splinters of Dusk formed to engrave their beliefs into the pages that would form the city's history. There would be three incarnations of the clan. Following their path, the D'dary lineage formed with a similar set of beliefs. Like their predecessors, the D'dary would survive three major incarnations with Sartori, Tifereth, and Drella at the helm, respectively. Many other groups have tried to mimic these two leviathans but would fail before they had even found their footing for their failure to truly understand the complexity of the beliefs they imitated.

Today, I introduce you to the seventh iteration of this legacy, an order devoted to more than our own hungry egos or need for power. The Seventh Rank is a clan of like-minded individuals who seek to spread the enlightenment of a forgotten philosophy.

Who we are: an order of believers and soldiers who have dedicated ourselves to a code that promises to offer more than the shallow, material accumulation of wealth. All empires fall, and so we shall build none of our own, for in the words of Mictian:

He will have the power to be stopped by nothing and no one - and all weaker will perish, and be ruled, but be ruled by a superior with no ill will, for HE HAS EVERYTHING ALREADY, and could gain nothing from those He has beaten.

Who we are not: another mercenary clan. While we may deal in contracts, we take no profits and shall also engage in any number of methods to spread our gospel.

The Law of the Seven
(aka: The Codex, Redux)

We are but thieves; ours is a stolen set of beliefs. Mictian founded the principles of the Splinters of Dusk and we have evolved them for our purpose while remaining true to the spirit of his laws, if not the letter of them.

1. Thou shalt harm another vampire only if thou see'st the battle through to end, or thou wast paid in gold for blood.
2. Thou shalt not feed on thy kind's blood, and thou shalt not covet the gold of thy kin.
3. Thou shalt suffer attacks from thy clanmates with pride, and never raise up arms against them.
4. Thou art shunned from the world, vampire. Our kind has no friends or enemies, and neither shallt thee once thou art our own. Our enemy is Fate, and in the morn, she rises to shatter us, but in the night we rise again. She will never win.
5. Thou shalt bleed, and in thy blood learn the love of bleeding, else be broken. To learn is to bleed.
6. Thou shalt aim for thy enemy's betterment. Our nature is chaos, and to stagnate is to perish.
7. Verus Nullus, Omnis Licitus.

SERVICES

Exsanguination
Power is not an aspect of blood, which some need an acute reminder of. We will teach those in need of education that there is nothing to fear but the shackles of Fate. But be careful, vampire: if we find you guilty of the same covetous desires you would have us bleed another for, then you may be next.

We also encourage contracts against the self and will provide the same anonymity as ever.

Our contracts are iron-clad. To inquire about one, contact either myself or Magwayen. Your anonymity is guaranteed upon payment of services rendered, which shall be given before the first vial is thrown. Only the member of the Seventh Rank that you have conducted business with shall know your identity.

Payment is a per-contract basis but is largely at-cost of the weapons or scrolls required.

Loans
Whether for the purposes of binding, severing, or powers, we are a clan who supports the freedom and evolution of our kind. We recognize that this sometimes requires more material currency and will deal in such.

All loans will be paid back with 20% interest to a maximum of 10,000 coins. This is to say that if you take out a loan of 200,000 coins, you need only pay 210,000 back. All loans will be capped at 250,000. We are not your personal armory.

Quest Help
We provide four services for the powering vampire: help with Celerity, Charisma, Perception, and Stamina.

Celerity: Should you find yourself unable to accomplish this, we will allow you to sire beneath a member of the Seventh Rank who will "carry" you from pub to pub. The cost of this is only the cost of your siring and any scrolls or potions used. Severance will be given free of charge upon the quest's completion.

Charisma: Two hundred-fifty (250) coins per vampire sent to the pub, to be paid upon completion of your power. Should you fail this power while under contract with us, we will reimburse you the cost of the quest and allow you to do it again with our services free of charge.

Perception: We will locate our enemies, the Hunters and Paladins who roam our streets, gladly for you. We charge 1000 coins for the location of each Hunter and 5000 coins for the location of each Paladin.

Suction: This quest is much more easily completed when at low blood. We offer, to the powering vampire only, a 50% discount on any contract to bleed the self for the purposes of the completion of Stamina.

CONTACT

For all further inquiries, whether for services, induction to our ranks, or to learn more about us, please feel free to contact either myself or Magwayen. You may also find us at the Temple of Blood southeast of Fear and 13th.

Liander: [Liander [Princess]#0058]
Magwayen: [demiurge#8224]

[Discord link for the Temple of Blood: https://discord.gg/UntmArY]

[OOC rules may be found here.]
Last edited by Liander on Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MY CHURCH OFFERS NO ABSOLUTES

Tracker
Aziza
OOC: Ranch
IGN: AzizaLaredo

Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:41 pm

This is exciting!
Kyrie
Liaison
IGN: Kyrie Eleison

Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:15 pm

Oh, this is interesting. I've been studying clans of the city, I hope this turns out awesome for you.
SΞΓH'S
Damacus
IGN: Damacus

Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:02 pm

If building a temple around it is your idea of evolving, you're going to be as disappointed as ever.
That pedestal will amount to nothing but a very well constructed hanging tree for your ideals.

Fuck laws. Fuck the arrogant supposition of the dead's perspective on a world they left long ago.
Fuck explaining yourself to anyone.
The weak did perish. Splinters included.

“Empires do not suffer emptiness of purpose at the time of their creation. It is when they have become established that aims are lost and replaced by vague ritual."
A G R I P P A
Single-mindedness is all powerful
浪人
Alphadragon
OOC: Pauly
IGN: Alpha Dragon
Lineage: Basarab

Thu May 07, 2020 6:29 pm

2. Thou shalt not feed on thy kind's blood, and thou shalt not covet the gold of thy kin.
Alright, this has been a bugging me: why not?

I mean are you talking just clanmates or all Vampires in the city?

Usher the spite seething Draconist
And commit this world to thy ancient sovereignty

:twisted: Banner by Batrisha :evil:
]
Ezra
OOC: Micah
IGN: Ezra
Lineage: de Draak

Thu May 07, 2020 11:50 pm

Alphadragon wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 6:29 pm
Alright, this has been a bugging me: why not?

I mean are you talking just clanmates or all Vampires in the city?
I asked this. Here was the answer:

1. Don’t feed on other vamps.
2. Don’t rob your clanmates.
laeti vescimur nos subacturis
A N D E R S — f a m i l i a . s u p r a . o m n i a — V E X I A N
CHARACTER SHEET
Alphadragon
OOC: Pauly
IGN: Alpha Dragon
Lineage: Basarab

Fri May 08, 2020 1:09 am

... why not?

Usher the spite seething Draconist
And commit this world to thy ancient sovereignty

:twisted: Banner by Batrisha :evil:
]
Batrisha
OOC: Rachel
IGN: Batrisha

Fri May 08, 2020 1:38 am

Alphadragon wrote:
... why not?
Form of attack, maybe?
Give in to temptation, take your time I'll be patient.
Ezra
OOC: Micah
IGN: Ezra
Lineage: de Draak

Fri May 08, 2020 11:51 am

Alphadragon wrote:
... why not?
I am not a member of 7R and this is conjecture BTW.

I’d assume it ties into their views on blood in general. You don’t need to feed from vamps to exist or to throw weapons. It’s just excess blood. They don’t find a need to have any excess blood, so they discourage things that lead to it. Probs. Something something “blood is not an aspect of power,” something something Mictian.
laeti vescimur nos subacturis
A N D E R S — f a m i l i a . s u p r a . o m n i a — V E X I A N
CHARACTER SHEET