Looking for pen-pals

For all your city-wide advertising needs, from events to classifieds, including clans, personals, yard sales, and anything else you'd like to advertise.
Fitz
OOC: Sam
IGN: Fitz

Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:12 am

Hello,

I have been putting off doing something like this for a while. I thought I could do this normally, like everyone else, but I have been struggling rather a lot. I have social anxiety disorder which means that social situations can cause me great distress, I have anxiety attacks when I must talk to people I do not know – in short, I spend a lot of my life in fear of rejection/failure. All I want to do is make friendships, but I mostly stick to my room. My family is very important, but I feel like I am a burden to them simply because they are all I have and, so I seem like all I do is hang around them like a lost puppy.

So, I thought I could find my courage with writing out the request. Behind my screen I don’t stutter, I don’t shake, and it is easier to get my feelings across. I would like to ask for a pen-pal. As stated before, I stutter, and not just a little. I practically can’t speak some days. This stutter of mine is something that I fight daily, and it is the reason that I am asking for a pen-pal…if I can talk to someone for a time and we can become friends that way, then maybe when we meet you won’t be so put off by my stuttering awkwardness.

I am aware that this is a strange thing to ask, I know I shouldn’t beg for friendships and I should just put in some more work, but this is hard for me…and I want to get out of the lab.

Fitzwilliam Simmons
Moon Girl
OOC: Lee
IGN: Moon Girl
Lineage: De'lacruise
Graphic Artist: Meg

Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:10 am

Fitzwilliam Simmons,
I think what you are doing here is very brave and I admire how you are stepping out of your comfort zone to try and improve yourself and branch out. I truly doubt you are a burden to anyone.
I wish you the best of luck and if you would like to exchange letters, I would be glad to get to know you better through writing.
~Moon Girl
Anima ~ GrimreaperMoon
Moon Girl De'lacruise
Abel's Starlight

Sig By Meg
IGN: Moon Girl - OOC: Lee