An open letter to Poodle of Doom.

For breaking news, journalistic reports, and other thought-provoking articles written by both staff and our readership.
Quade
IGN: Quade

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:28 pm

smitsmit wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:03 am
Good morning Sir.

I will also extend a welcome to the city, and thank you for the writing tips. Perhaps I could have phrased a few components differently, such as saying 'core city value', rather than 'rule'. I am not sure that is to say however, that the residents of this city are unable to make rules. With proper structure, unwritten or written rules can exist. While the majority of them likely only apply to the occupants of groups or clans who have made them, there are others which may be universally agreed upon by the majority of our residents. You are correct however, that this would technically represent more of a city value, than rule.

While the city's creator has made a terrific home for us, he generally doesn't participate in our everyday lives. Just like cities across the planet, both values and rules are made by the residents to prevent total anarchy. I will keep your tip in mind however, should I ever have to write another letter.

While I had discussed providing the evidence directly with paper staff prior to posting, it would have been both cumbersome and difficult to post all of that information in the initial letter. The information (evidence) however, was always available in public domain, and ready to be posted as a supplement if necessary.

The purpose of the letter was actually not intended to humiliate Poodle, but rather to inform them directly of the reasoning we were forced to attack. It was also made public to let others know that doing the same or similar things is not okay in this city. Or perhaps, it is not okay by our city values. It is actually extremely rare for me to have to write letters such as this.

Since Poodle knows full well what they did, they seemed to have read the letter directed to them, without objecting to the claims. Twenty or more photographs, can actually be fair bit of information for a single letter, and a fair bit of information for any reader to sift through. That being said, you are not wrong that I could have initially noted that the evidence was available for any others that were confused or needed it.

I thank you again for your tips, and will keep them in mind. If you have any other questions or are in need of guidance, there are many in this city who would be happy to help you. I again welcome you to the city, and wish you the best of luck.
yo thanks for the response i thought about this and i had an idea.

u have a lot of followers n peeps seem to trust n respect u as a good dude with a good moral compass.

wat if u n the night watch sat down n came up wit rules n posted them in ur clubhouse n then all these other famlies n clans that lady twisted was talkin about cud then be like "yeh u kno wat those 2 rules align with our family beliefs. if anyone crosses those lines the nightwatch has our full financial and weapon support in fuckin them up." or watever.

then u can post the rules n wich rules even all of em wich family supports in this forum somewere.

i think dat wud make it so there was some kind of "law and order" in the city or sumtin.

jus nother thought i think u guys do good work in general id be sorta lost wit out da powers section of your place.
Proficimus More Irretenti
im a clown. like john wayne gacy.

-Signature Credit to KatieKat-
Azeara
OOC: Elizabeth
IGN: Azeara
Lineage: de Draak

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:01 pm

That's pretty much is already the case, the Nightwatch has the city's trust because of Smit. I've known him over a decade now and not once has he been involved in scandal, shadiness, or anything even remotely controversial. He is a good man who many are blessed to call friend because of his fairness and trustworthiness. He is the unicorn in this shithole that is a fucking decent person to all who interact with him because he holds no bias, or, if he does he at least recognizes it and does not act on it. If he says something is how it is, I can take that to the bank and have no doubt that it is how it is. I know it seems silly and maybe even foolish to have complete trust in someone because I don't trust any other person that much, but its one of those things you will just come to learn in your time here. Smit is nothing if not honest, fair, and kind. When he gets pissed its a righteous anger that makes me at least want to throw down with him. Example, when this was first posted I seriously wanted to just nip over to the Puddle fellow and take care of the issue all quiet like. Obviously I didn't because I don't need my sire paddling me. I mean, I do. I do need that. Just not for reasons like this.

Take it from a total bitch who doesn't like most people and trusts even less. Smit is one of the good ones and his word is gold. He's proven that over the years and you will see it too in time.

Oh, and welcome to the city. If you need help with anything I'm usually available.
: Vex's Headache : Voltanis' Mate :
Amaya_Shannis
OOC: Brandi
IGN: Amaya_Shannis
Clan: Ferryman
Lineage: O'Reilly/Pacherontis

Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:59 am

Azeara wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:01 pm
That's pretty much is already the case, the Nightwatch has the city's trust because of Smit. I've known him over a decade now and not once has he been involved in scandal, shadiness, or anything even remotely controversial. He is a good man who many are blessed to call friend because of his fairness and trustworthiness. He is the unicorn in this shithole that is a fucking decent person to all who interact with him because he holds no bias, or, if he does he at least recognizes it and does not act on it. If he says something is how it is, I can take that to the bank and have no doubt that it is how it is. I know it seems silly and maybe even foolish to have complete trust in someone because I don't trust any other person that much, but its one of those things you will just come to learn in your time here. Smit is nothing if not honest, fair, and kind. When he gets pissed its a righteous anger that makes me at least want to throw down with him. Example, when this was first posted I seriously wanted to just nip over to the Puddle fellow and take care of the issue all quiet like. Obviously I didn't because I don't need my sire paddling me. I mean, I do. I do need that. Just not for reasons like this.

Take it from a total bitch who doesn't like most people and trusts even less. Smit is one of the good ones and his word is gold. He's proven that over the years and you will see it too in time.

Oh, and welcome to the city. If you need help with anything I'm usually available.
I love the way you phrase things. We should have coffee.
But I'm not fading
No one can save me

NightWatch Guardian
Pub Manager, The Guardian's Outpost
Ferrymen
Daly
IGN: Daly
Clan: The House of Silence
Lineage: O'Collin

Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:42 am

Good for you, smitsmit.
Jenny | The House of Silence.