Changes at Hellfire Club

For breaking news, journalistic reports, and other thought-provoking articles written by both staff and our readership.
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy
Lineage: de Draak

Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:24 pm

darkwolf wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:26 pm
I'm not in Elysium! Waaaaah! LMAO! It's their club. Their family. Their friends. Hades Club is exclusive. Some aren't even allowed in the actual club period because it will upset certain patrons. It's Julia's club her rules. I have hidden rooms in the Wonderland only certain members can see. It's my place, my rules. You want some real news... Free Necro day! Signups start May 1rst.
I think the news part was a slew of people getting their access revoked. Not to mention, Hellfire is the second or third largest gathering venue in the city so it's a much bigger deal than if Joe Blow's Corpses and Candy Corner starts rejecting patrons.

As a red letter establishment Hellfire gets reported on the way a clan or family would if they were acting some kinda way that matters to the larger populous. It is certainly up to each owner to do with themselves and their club as they please, that's not a question. If the owners are proud of what they're doing they should see this attention as a compliment.
|| de Draak ||
Seyda
OOC: Stephanie
IGN: Seyda
Lineage: St. John
Graphic Artist: Kenna

Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:23 pm

Joy wrote:
darkwolf wrote:
I'm not in Elysium! Waaaaah! LMAO! It's their club. Their family. Their friends. Hades Club is exclusive. Some aren't even allowed in the actual club period because it will upset certain patrons. It's Julia's club her rules. I have hidden rooms in the Wonderland only certain members can see. It's my place, my rules. You want some real news... Free Necro day! Signups start May 1rst.
I think the news part was a slew of people getting their access revoked. Not to mention, Hellfire is the second or third largest gathering venue in the city so it's a much bigger deal than if Joe Blow's Corpses and Candy Corner starts rejecting patrons.

As a red letter establishment Hellfire gets reported on the way a clan or family would if they were acting some kinda way that matters to the larger populous. It is certainly up to each owner to do with themselves and their club as they please, that's not a question. If the owners are proud of what they're doing they should see this attention as a compliment.
And all I did was merely point out that as of the time of the news report, it was not factual. The second the list was posted, an angle was established and presented. It was wrong.

To be honest, I don’t think the owners give a shit about what’s been posted and all the justification in the world for this article doesn’t change that it was wrong.

The fact that a report on the few year old history of a bar and who gets special keys is the biggest driving news story that couldn’t even manage to be factually correct when there has been significantly more news-worthy things occur in the last year that were ignored because politics is a whole other can of worms altogether, I think.
Daly
IGN: Daly
Clan: The House of Silence
Lineage: O'Collin

Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:45 pm

Seyda wrote:
Joy wrote:
darkwolf wrote:

And all I did was merely point out that as of the time of the news report, it was not factual. The second the list was posted, an angle was established and presented. It was wrong.

To be honest, I don’t think the owners give a shit about what’s been posted and all the justification in the world for this article doesn’t change that it was wrong.

The fact that a report on the few year old history of a bar and who gets special keys is the biggest driving news story that couldn’t even manage to be factually correct when there has been significantly more news-worthy things occur in the last year that were ignored because politics is a whole other can of worms altogether, I think.

1. I don't think there's angle was established, and since it's not factual you're more than welcome to present the facts to correct everything as I'm sure you well know. Much like politics in this city, no one likes games being played either.

2. Opinion noted, thanks for the input.

3. This is a public venue, it's bound to get reported on. The other news worthy things were an invasion of peoples privacy. You may call it politics, I call it minding their own fucking business.

We get it. You like Hellfire. I used to love Hellfire.
We get it. You like the owners, they're your family.

No need to be shitty for no reason. It was an article. If there was anything incorrect about it, you should have corrected it. Rather than talk shit.
Jenny | The House of Silence.
.Husband.Brother.Sire.Outlaw.

King of Silence.
Liander
OOC: Justin
IGN: Liander
Graphic Artist: Kris

Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:40 pm

Daly wrote:
No need to be shitty for no reason. It was an article. If there was anything incorrect about it, you should have corrected it. Rather than talk shit.
I'm here mostly to disagree with this single point. I don't care about the rest.

The duty of a journalist is to ensure the information presented is accurate. Verify, double-verify, triple-verify, all with sources, to prevent this very scenario. It is not the public's job to inform the media, but vice versa. When one takes on the mantle of presenting information in a way that identifies them as a member of the media - journalist, reporter, whichever word you want to use - they and their editors are solely, wholly responsible for the accuracy of the information therein.

This is not to condone slanderous attacks against this particular journalist, either. We all make mistakes. We all learn from them. One might hope the best outcome from this particular article would be a lesson and the knowledge that the reporter's source, who or whatever it may be, is not to be trusted. Not an ideal outcome, but the best one possible here.

To would-be journalists: Do better.
To the people attacking this article, who themselves make no attempts to carry this particular flag: Criticize, don't berate.
MY CHURCH OFFERS NO ABSOLUTES

Tracker
Seyda
OOC: Stephanie
IGN: Seyda
Lineage: St. John
Graphic Artist: Kenna

Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:39 am

Daly wrote:
Seyda wrote:
Joy wrote:

1. I don't think there's angle was established, and since it's not factual you're more than welcome to present the facts to correct everything as I'm sure you well know. Much like politics in this city, no one likes games being played either.

3. This is a public venue, it's bound to get reported on. The other news worthy things were an invasion of peoples privacy. You may call it politics, I call it minding their own fucking business.

1 - The expectation that it’s my job to do his for him is not reasonable.

2 & 3 - Not everything anyone says is targeted to you or yours, so breathe. I’ve spent years under a microscope with everything I’ve done reported on under the guise of politics or newsworthy events. Some people in the city just don’t get the luxury of privacy.

However, Hellfire is technically a public part of a larger private property to be clear.

Expecting people to be held accountable to the truth is not being shitty. It’s expecting people to just fucking DO better for everyone, not just the people they like right now.

Considering that I’ve kept my mouth shut on this very venue as a favor to you in the past, a bit of courtesy and private handling with your shit talk response next time would be nice.
Daly

Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:29 am

Seyda wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:39 am
Daly wrote:
Seyda wrote:

1 - The expectation that it’s my job to do his for him is not reasonable.

2 & 3 - Not everything anyone says is targeted to you or yours, so breathe. I’ve spent years under a microscope with everything I’ve done reported on under the guise of politics or newsworthy events. Some people in the city just don’t get the luxury of privacy.

However, Hellfire is technically a public part of a larger private property to be clear.

Expecting people to be held accountable to the truth is not being shitty. It’s expecting people to just fucking DO better for everyone, not just the people they like right now.

Considering that I’ve kept my mouth shut on this very venue as a favor to you in the past, a bit of courtesy and private handling with your shit talk response next time would be nice.

My point, which you didn't seem to get here, is that if hes doing it wrong instead of just calling bullshit, tell us. That's not talking shit, Seyda, nor is it doing someone elses job. That's doing your city a service.

Because all your approach did was enable drama.

And I've done you a lot of favors in the past too. So dont go throwing that in my face. If I wanted to shit talk you, I'd do it much better than this and you know it.

King of Silence.
Daly

Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:35 am

Liander wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:40 pm
Daly wrote:
I'm here mostly to disagree with this single point. I don't care about the rest.

The duty of a journalist is to ensure the information presented is accurate. Verify, double-verify, triple-verify, all with sources, to prevent this very scenario. It is not the public's job to inform the media, but vice versa. When one takes on the mantle of presenting information in a way that identifies them as a member of the media - journalist, reporter, whichever word you want to use - they and their editors are solely, wholly responsible for the accuracy of the information therein.

This is not to condone slanderous attacks against this particular journalist, either. We all make mistakes. We all learn from them. One might hope the best outcome from this particular article would be a lesson and the knowledge that the reporter's source, who or whatever it may be, is not to be trusted. Not an ideal outcome, but the best one possible here.

To would-be journalists: Do better.
To the people attacking this article, who themselves make no attempts to carry this particular flag: Criticize, don't berate.
Yeah. Not a single journalist had ever taken words and twisted the context to fit an interesting story. Not a single journalist has ever lied to sell a page. Look man welcome back but at the end of the day if someone knows the facts to something but only shows up to talk shit all they did was:

1. Prove there was a hint of truth to the story, or
2. Show up just to be shitty for no reason, which isnt exactly helpful in any way shape or form, journalist or not.

So I guess what I'm saying here is, it's okay to act like an adult and less like a prom king/queen sometimes.

King of Silence.
drew
IGN: drewbeary
Lineage: Morais

Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:43 am

Okay, so basically there is a secret room-which we all know isn't really secret. Not everyone is allowed in there. The list was wrong, but that doesn't mean the room doesn't exist or that maybe people should have been made aware of the changes on the side. Communication goes a long way in some scenarios. It's not a big deal to say, hey this room isn't what it used to be, now it's just a room for so and so type of people. Personal feelings aside on that all, people do have a right to react as they see accordingly. The choices are kind of simple for those who have a hard time making them. Stay at the club and get over it (if you lost privileges) or leave and spend your time elsewhere. Sucks if you had a key and it just got removed without word, but it's really that simple of choices laid out before you.

Why did this article have to turn into a shit show? It was a FYI sort of thing.
Elbee
IGN: Elbee

Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:42 am

Hey! I'm not listed on the list when clearly I am on the list! What's the deal!?
Narcisssa
IGN: Narcisssa
Lineage: ...
Graphic Artist: Mandolin!

Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:16 am

Elbee wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:42 am
Hey! I'm not listed on the list when clearly I am on the list! What's the deal!?
The man who handed them that list must have been in a hurry.
Koz