The Retirement of The Republic

For breaking news, journalistic reports, and other thought-provoking articles written by both staff and our readership.
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy
Lineage: de Draak

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:02 am

The Retirement of The Republic

"[Fourteen] years is a long time to run any organization", nitenurse remarked. Truly, as one of the longest running clans around and regardless of opinion, they get to claim that outright. As leader nitenurse has operated ROR with as much secrecy as possible in this nosy AF city. To my pleasant surprise she agreed to speak on ROR and its closure despite that.

Though founded by Seyda, Rawnie, Arctic RainDrop and Wolfshadow in 2005, nitenurse had been at the helm of The Republic of RavenBlack for 12 of their 14 years. There are memories o' plenty to look back on and I had asked her to share a few that stand out. "Building it at the beginning.... that is the hard part of any clan but when Seyda left, a significant portion of the membership did not stay. You have to build trust, show them that you aren't going to leave them, and we were able to recruit several leaders from other clans. That started a time of significant growth and a very active school and then of course, there are the wars. It was fun... for a while. I did not enjoy the last one. The legacy war... I got to know Valens. We ran most of that war because ophelia was torpored at the beginning. - I learned a lot about clan leadership from ophelia.... maintaining confidentiality is a good thing."

Some good memories and some bad to make the good sweeter against the bitter. What were the circumstances of the closure and when did it happened? Nitenurse seemed less willing to speak on this at first, however, shortly after offered, "The short version goes to where people's primary loyalties lie. In my bloodline, one's primary loyalty was their clan. Clans were business, family was for love and fellowship. That is how I was raised. If my sire was on the target list, I'd HW her.... but the city has changed. People take oaths to their bloodline."

The Republic's closing went without ceremony, funeral or fan fair of any sort. She scoffed at the very idea, "I don't know of any clan having a "gee we died ceremony". How depressing is that?", but all is not lost. "The halls are still there for those who have keys", nitenurse assures.

While retirement may mean eternal RnR for ROR, for nitenurse this is just a chapter closing. Her next chapter begins with ladypeacek's newest project: Ravenbane. "I see more opportunities for growth, for teaching. That is one thing I've missed, working with new people." With respect to history, I personally offer a toast to all past members of The Republic of Ravenblack along with my best wishes for your futures.
|| de Draak ||
ophelia
OOC: -
IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason
Graphic Artist: Greyce

Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:41 am

Great article Joy.
L O K A S O N
Oberon
OOC: Cia
IGN: Taltos Oberon
Lineage: Schiaraffa
Graphic Artist: Deen

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:09 am

Oh. This is sad. Talk about the end of an era.

Cheers to you, RoR.
|MAHORELA-AMANDINE|
|SCHIARAFFA|
Sitrence
OOC: Camai
IGN: Sitrence
Lineage: D'dary

Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:44 am

Never thought I’d see this. Condolences, congratulations, whichever you’d prefer.
| D'DARY |
Liander
OOC: Justin
IGN: Liander
Graphic Artist: Kris

Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:40 am

Is anyone actually surprised? This place was dead for years.
MY CHURCH OFFERS NO ABSOLUTES

Tracker
Xedanis
OOC: None
IGN: None
Clan: None
Lineage: None
Graphic Artist: None

Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:36 am

Liander may have a point, but its still a sad thing to finally see.

Farewell, ROR.
Vex
Editor
OOC: Lyssa
IGN: Vex
Lineage: de Draak
Graphic Artist: Megatron

Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:35 am

I loved RoR while I was a member, and this... is at least an end. It’s good to know.

Thank you, Joy.
𒀭𒄊𒀕𒃲
In this twilight how dare you speak of grace

Character Sheet - - The Recovery Diaries
Moon Girl
OOC: Lee
IGN: Moon Girl
Lineage: De'lacruise
Graphic Artist: Meg

Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:51 am

After years of living isolated, I was introduced to RoR and while there I found structure, training, the city, friends and family. I learned a great deal, lead, gained skills and supported. Without the RoR, I would not be where I am today. So I would like to say thank you to nn, to all the former leadership, to the members and to the clan itself. Leaving was very tough for me but with the close of a chapter, comes the beginning of a new one. Best of luck in the future and much love to you all <3
Anima ~ GrimreaperMoon
Moon Girl De'lacruise
Abel's Starlight

Sig By Meg
IGN: Moon Girl - OOC: Lee
Jenny
IGN: Jenny
Clan: House of Silence
Lineage: O’Collin
Graphic Artist: Harv

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:19 pm

RoR was in many ways where my journey began. To the friends I made along the way, you're beloved. To the memories, you'll be forever cherished.

nitenurse, letting go is always hard. I hope your new venture inspires happiness in you.

Thanks for reporting, Joy.
C S   •   J O U R N A L
L I Z   •   D E Z   •   D E E   •   H I L D A   •   D A L Y
O ’ C O L L I N   •   H O U S E   O F   S I L E N C E
Daly
IGN: Daly
Clan: The House of Silence
Lineage: O'Collin

Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:30 pm

RoR didn't die. It was abandoned.

Deserved a better exit from this city if you ask me.

I'm sorry, nitenurse.
Jenny | The House of Silence.
.Husband.Brother.Sire.Outlaw.

King of Silence.