Conflict Coverage: din Kolesi VS St. John

For breaking news, journalistic reports, and other thought-provoking articles written by both staff and our readership.
Alex Ayres
OOC: Alessio
IGN: AlexAyres
Lineage: LoL

Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:11 am

Aralyn wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:32 am
ladypeacek wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:46 am
Except a lot of inaccuracies and assumptions yet again. We were not attempting a news report. He is, therefore it would be expected that he at least attempts to speak to both sides. Does he even read the stuff he writes about journalism?
Except you've already said your piece in the lovely form of a so-called press release by Alex Ayres. News report it was not but I mean, if he didn't do a good enough job of covering your side of the story, maybe you should fire him. I think we all got the picture, though.
As mentioned, Liander's seemed quite willing to update and amend where needed. Sounds like you're reaching, though.

Nice read. o/

Whether or not my piece accurately or inaccurately portrayed events is irrelevant to the point that Pea is trying to make.

Liander states in the opening paragraph, "but it is our hope here to present a full, factual, and objective view."

Pea's stating that he missed the mark here, and has actual made some assumptions (which would not be objective) and portrayed inaccurate information (which would not be factual). In having me write up a satirical piece outlining events from her perspective, she does not, incidentally, forfeit her right to comment on the validity or objectivity of another piece of writing. Nor does the fact that my piece exists nullify Pea's opinion on Liander's article.

If you would like to see a more apt criticism of Pea's statement that is actually relevant to what she said and the person shows the abilities known as critical thinking and reading comprehension (two things lacking in yours), see Vetras's post.
Mirra
IGN: Mirra

Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:16 am

This was great to read, Liander. Thank you for including facts in your writing and citing sources.
I was beginning to think it was a dying art!
Pea's stating that he missed the mark here, and has actual made some assumptions (which would not be objective) and portrayed inaccurate information (which would not be factual). In having me write up a satirical piece outlining events from her perspective, she does not, incidentally, forfeit her right to comment on the validity or objectivity of another piece of writing. Nor does the fact that my piece exists nullify Pea's opinion on Liander's article.
Alex, I believe Decora quite clearly and concisely pointed out that Liander is more than willing to adjust his article if given further information.
DANNY | NATHAN | SCOOTER | WESLEY
Daly
IGN: Daly
Clan: The House of Silence
Lineage: O'Collin

Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:21 am

I know this is really going to sting you Alex because she's like, your everything, but ladypeacek doesn't have a side to this story. It had nothing to do with her until she made it about her, and even then she's still not my focus. I don't care enough about her to throw a moist fuck you in her face. All this hooblah about 'oh you don't have the full story cause peacek didn't tell you her side!!!' is pointless. Here are all the facts one would need to know:

Daly attacked Seyda.
Members of his lineage attacked her as well.
Daly gave reasoning behind it. (He is tired of her, all together, and she can go fuck herself.)
Daly was called a liar because no one wants to believe someone would feel this way about the ever perfect Seyda. (Everyone outside of the cluster fuck up Seydas ass believed Daly cause well, they're not blinded by her shit.)

There is no juicy side to expose here. You're an idiot. Your mayor is an idiot. This isn't about peacek, nor will it be about peacek. This is about telling Seyda 'Fuck you.'

Fuck you, Seyda. In case you didn't get the memo.
Jenny | The House of Silence.
.Husband.Brother.Sire.Outlaw.

King of Silence.
Alex Ayres
OOC: Alessio
IGN: AlexAyres
Lineage: LoL

Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:25 am

Mirra wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:16 am
This was great to read, Liander. Thank you for including facts in your writing and citing sources.
I was beginning to think it was a dying art!
Alex, I believe Decora quite clearly and concisely pointed out that Liander is more than willing to adjust his article if given further information.
Absolutely! If you read my closing statement, you'll see that I agree with you.

I wasn't commenting on the validity of Pea's statement, just pointing out her statement as it relates to this article have nothing to do with my piece and she does not forfeit her right to make a comment by having me write up a piece on the events that transpired.
Liander
OOC: Justin
IGN: Liander
Graphic Artist: Kris

Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:35 pm

Updated.
MY CHURCH OFFERS NO ABSOLUTES

Tracker
Liander
OOC: Justin
IGN: Liander
Graphic Artist: Kris

Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:18 pm

Updated.
MY CHURCH OFFERS NO ABSOLUTES

Tracker
Seyda
OOC: Stephanie
IGN: Seyda
Lineage: St. John
Graphic Artist: Kenna

Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:31 am

I would like to officially petition the changing of the title of this thread to:

din Kolesi (but only the parts that don't touch Michi) vs Fuck You Seyda

I feel this would more accurately describe the events listed herein, as Michi quite clearly identifies that this is not an attack from her full house to mine, but instead a group that cannot get their story straight versus one vampire who retired from this shit.

And for those of you asking for another point of view, please head on over to either The Beat or the Necro, both of which have further information. Or continue sitting and demanding content that your journalist didn't bother to ask for. Your choice entirely.
Daly
IGN: Daly
Clan: The House of Silence
Lineage: O'Collin

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:34 am

I didn't even bother reading all of either of your statements because at this point in the game I already know what they say.

Seyda's statement: Blah blah blah
Ladypeacek's statement: ME ME ME ME ME!!!

Allow me to paint a picture:

I HIT SEYDA BECAUSE I AM TIRED OF SEYDA. THERE WAS NO ORDER TO HIT HER. EVERYONE THAT HAS HIT HER VOLUNTEERED FOR THEIR OWN REASON. THIS ISNT SOME EXCUSE TO WHY SHE GOT HIT. SHE GOT HIT BECAUSE SHE CAN GO FUCK HERSELF. NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU PEACEK YOURE NOTHING BUT A WHINING MOUTH.

I wrote that in big words because I don't think I can say it one more time and watch you two retarded bitches tell me why I'm doing something. I ain't either of you. I don't need to lie or make excuses for what I do. Because I can keep it real. All this bitching and PR from two great leaders and this is the best you got for me? Pathetic. The both of you are shells of who you used to be. Only one matters more than the other. I wonder which one that is.

Now if you'll excuse me. I gotta go make sure you guys don't find my big dark secret stash. Because you got me on my tippy toes. :roll:
Jenny | The House of Silence.
.Husband.Brother.Sire.Outlaw.

King of Silence.
Dae
IGN: Dae-Hyun
Lineage: Kim

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:35 am

I would like to point you all in the direction of the community standards found here. It is wonderful to see such activity from you all, but there are a few too many insults flying and this is not the place for insults.

Thank you in advance
Kim Dae-Hyun
| Aki ~ My Salvation | Sacrifice ~ My Heart | Gir ~ My Soul |
| Let him who would move the world first move himself - Socrates |
Dae
IGN: Dae-Hyun
Lineage: Kim

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:00 am

ladypeacek and Seyda, it's wonderful to see you both posting on Ab again.
Seyda wrote:And for those of you asking for another point of view, please head on over to either The Beat or the Necro, both of which have further information.
Here, here, and here. We commend the The Beat and darkwolf - who acted as a freelance journalist recently - in their coverage of recent events. No two reports will ever be the same and differing perspectives often allow an audience to gauge the entirety of the picture, which they may not have gained previously.

We would also like to take this time to apologize for any perceived slights or wrong-doings. Our staff, including myself, has reached out to the St. John lineage a number of times only to be met with silence followed by agitated statements in public venues about how nobody will work with or talk to our reporters. This sentiment has been expressed openly, repeatedly, and at length, and we did not wish to continue to aggravate any involved parties by attempting communication that was clearly undesired. If these opinions have changed, the following numbers will be of use to you -

Dae [Discord: Dae#6894 | Trillian: xxlittlemonsterxx or PM via Ab]
Liander [Discord: Liander#9715 | PM via Ab]
Inu [Discord: Inu#7398 | Pm via Ab]

There appear to be accusations of bias or exclusion of facts in the coverage we have presented, but upon review of both posted articles, we struggle to find a discernable difference in verifiable facts save for pre-attack blood counts and the inclusion of some shadowed St. John members we were not aware had chosen to involve themselves in this conflict taking residence in various houses across the city. If there are further inaccuracies, feel free to detail what those are either privately to our staff or in the comments section.

Regards,
Kim Dae-Hyun
Founder of Ab Antiquo
| Aki ~ My Salvation | Sacrifice ~ My Heart | Gir ~ My Soul |
| Let him who would move the world first move himself - Socrates |