THUNDERDOME: CAROUSEL

For breaking news, journalistic reports, and other thought-provoking articles written by both staff and our readership.
Oberon
OOC: Cia
IGN: Taltos Oberon
Lineage: Schiaraffa
Graphic Artist: Deen

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:16 pm

Pulse wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:28 pm
And just how relevant are you, since you are busy over there eating Lianders ass. Go play with each other. I was talking to Daly not you fuckoffs
Just about as relevant as your wife is, I'm afraid, but with twice her IQ. 'Ello! I could say I've read a lot about you, but that'd be a fallacy. You had another name and the same reputation of being somewhat... challenged, so I'm at the very least relieved that some things never do quite change. Glad to see your marital issues seem to have ended, though - we're still being treated to the same pair of asinine twats trying to spin the same joke. Joy.

On that note - I'm surprised you can talk to Daly here, considering your apparent aversion to wanting to, you know, clarify things in public where they belong in an article of this nature without blowing your proverbial gasket, and your desire to have Liander crawl to you and the bastion of truth that your, er, family, seem to believe they are. Which was what was being pointed out in the first place, not the error itself.

But sure, call it me eating Lianders' ass instead of your blatant imbecility, whatever helps you sleep off the ponies and the idiotic cow jokes. Please, next time, though, save the rest of us the stupidity-induced headache and speak for yourself, will you? There's only so much of Vacuous and Twatty we can take. We're quite hoping to lower the dose.

As a whole:
IF YOU WANT YOUR FACTS CHECKED AND INCLUDED, FOR THE SAKE OF EVERYTHING, GO OFFER THEM UP YOURSELF. IT'S IN YOUR INTEREST TO BE CASTED IN A MORE POSITIVE LIGHT, AND IT'S IN YOUR INTEREST TO HAVE ALL THE POINT OF VIEWS DISPLAYED, AND LIANDER IS TRYING TO BE AS THOROUGH AS POSSIBLE.
SEE, FOR AN EXAMPLE OF BOTH SIDES OFFERING UP THEIR OWN NUMBERS, I CAN REFER YOU TO THIS ARTICLE. JESUS, IT'S LIKE BOTH SIDES ARE TRYING TO BE HELPFUL AND REALIZE HAVING SOMEONE NEUTRAL POST ABOUT FACTUAL NUMERIC INFORMATION LOOKS BEST ON EVERYONE INVOLVED. I KNOW. SHOCKING.

On topic:
Thank you so much for not letting this merry band of imbeciles deter you from doing your job to the best of your abilities. The rest of us really do appreciate it. Can't wait for the next installment.
Last edited by Oberon on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|MAHORELA-AMANDINE-DE DRAAK|
|SCHIARAFFA|
ira
IGN: ira

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:25 pm

Oberon wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:16 pm
Pulse wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:28 pm
And just how relevant are you, since you are busy over there eating Lianders ass.
On that note - I'm surprised you can talk to Daly... without blowing your proverbial load, and your desire to have Liander crawl...

...me eating Liander’s ass...
we get it ur gay
[ WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD MEN GONE AND WHERE ARE ALL THE GODS? ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ WHERE'S THE STREETWISE HERCULES TO FIGHT THE RISING ODDS? ]
Church
Site Admin
OOC: Tex

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:29 pm

Last warning - an off topic rant that long with a tiny ass 'on topic' disclaimer is a shitty attempt to bypass the rules. Take it to Vampire Interest if you've gotta, but that's enough of it here.
Vex
Editor
OOC: Lyssa
IGN: Vex
Lineage: de Draak
Graphic Artist: Megatron

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:47 pm

Given I criticize everyone equally, I'm just going to throw this out there since all sides are reading: I am more than happy to take numbers from both/all sides and work out an essentially unbiased tally for everyone involved.

Most everyone has my number and my PM box is always open.
Last edited by Vex on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
𒀭𒄊𒀕𒃲
In this twilight how dare you speak of grace

Character Sheet - - The Recovery Diaries
Gypsy
OOC: Kathy
IGN: Gypsy

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:05 pm

And this is why we have the problems we have in this city. Thank you Liander for your very thorough article. It takes more time than people realize to gather information and write an article like this. I do appreciate your efforts and looking forward the next article from you.
FAMILIA SUPRA OMNIA
de Draak
Just keep loving me; I'll keep loving you and the rest will fall into place.
Elizabeth
IGN: Elizabeth
Lineage: de Bouillon

Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:34 am

Just my .02 cents. I don't think either warrior is lying. When Gaberiella loped a couple of shots of garlic spray at Pulse, her weapons had no effect. I suspect RB has contracted a shady supplier for the discount shops again.
Vetras
IGN: Vetras

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:27 am

Liander, again, I appreciate the time and the effort taken to reach out to those willing to gain as much accurate information as you're able to. You've provided some of the most in depth editorial coverage that I've bothered to read fully in the last ten years.
᛫ R.I.P 06/12/2020 ᛫
Elizabeth
IGN: Elizabeth
Lineage: de Bouillon

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:21 am

I absolutely agree Deccie. This incident is very convoluted and he did an excellent job (to my mind) sorting it out into a readable format.
Amari
IGN: Mahila Daeva
Lineage: Sherazi
Graphic Artist: Ben!

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:23 pm

Other's perceptions aside, I thought this was well written with the information you had available to you.
Good read, Liander.
Pride can Make the Strongest Man Weak
Seyda
OOC: Stephanie
IGN: Seyda
Lineage: St. John
Graphic Artist: Kenna

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:18 pm

Four pages of absolute bullshit that could have been eliminated if, yet again, someone bothered to ask ME.

Regarding the list and blood counts: DeathByMe was missed as a noncombatant. AlexAyres is not a member of either of our houses. Also, I would consider tracking via hit rather than via blood, because there have been multiple instances of heavy blood increase (totaling almost 2,000 BP) in short time periods according to our data.

Also, regardless of conjecture, we are absolutely viewing this as a war effort after the addition of the third lineage. Prior to that, we were viewing it as a "warlette" if you will.
Liander wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:21 pm
What started as a simple ‘fuck you’ vial
You mean 5 fuck you vials and a fuck you double garlic spray
Liander wrote:
With nobody treating this like an organized, unified and efficient conflict, every side involved seems content to funnel coin into pot shots and wasteful necro.
I'm sure you mean the ones you spoke to. I can assure you that our efficiency percentages are quite high.
Liander wrote:
  • The de Bouillon lineage is hitting only ladypeacek and Pulse in retaliation for their attacks against Dea di Luna and Michiru.
  • ladypeacek is hitting only Dea di Luna and Michiru.
  • Caedis is hitting absolutely everyone without discrimination, even people who aren’t directly involved.
Firstly, Dea di Luna is being hit because Dea di Luna threw a vial and was the smallest of the de Bouillon lot that did. Thirdly, the comment about the Caedis hitting everyone without discrimination is also false, as they have not touched any of our opponents, unless they have miraculously grown legs and moved in the last 68 hours.

Liander wrote:
Crimson and Daly hit Seyda; ladypeacek retaliates by hitting Michiru; de Bouillon hits ladypeacek; ladypeacek and Pulse hit Dea.
No. Crimson, Daly, Nar, Drayden, and Dash hit Seyda; Pea hit Michi; 7 D'Soup hit Pea, including Dea; Pea and Pulse hit Dea.
Liander wrote:
Each involved party throwing one reactive, emotional vial after another
I have been called a lot of things when it comes to war, but reactive and emotional are never in that description.
Liander wrote:
St. John won’t outright attack de Bouillon, but will try to provoke them by attacking the extensions of their lineage.
St. John is not "outright" attacking anyone because I was attacked. We are on defense here; don't get it twisted. And the extension of the lineage is the wife of the person who attacked me. Wife on wife crime and clearly Pea gives zero fucks about D'Soup.
Liander wrote:
I have reached out to NiteNurse as a clan leader and not a St John with a single agenda, to find out if her stance on if this was a family related fight or if her clan would become involved. That is both my responsibility to my blood and my right to do- regardless of what anyone has to say.
Imma just point out that Elizabeth gave birth to eleventy kittens because Pea did not call her, yet it's Michi's right to address my childer directly and not call me or Annabelle. #petty
Liander wrote:
the St. John bloodline seems to be more concerned with dragging in whoever else they can than with making concentrated retaliation efforts.
Tell me the phone calls I've made trying to drag people into this conflict. Hint: The answer is zero.
Liander wrote:
And in the forefront of it all, The House of Caedis has declared open season on whoever they want and is doing their absolute best to fuck up anybody in their path.
Cute spin, but they're only hitting my side and they looked like goddamned idiots when they did.
Liander wrote:
this results in 120,960 coins down the drain between the two lineages - not including resources to route to the target or the thirteen Holy Water attacks made against him prior to being Turned.
Or you could have just asked me based on the actual scroll usage, hard weapons used, and transportation required for the effort. Total cost of Pulse's limbo for SAC - 206,950
Liander wrote:
But when discussing wasted coin, Pulse’s necroing habits themselves must also be taken into account. On the night of the Turning efforts, November 26, scrolling efforts against Pulse ceased as he reached 1195 pints of blood (following a final ‘fuck you’ Scroll of Turning from Aziza). The final sighting of that evening places him at 2998 pints. The safest bet here is to assume he necroed between 1800 to 2000 pints of blood.
1205 +1000
5694 +4489

Or just ask. That's directly from our sheet. He had no energy to eat potions after the failed zeroing, and I gave him an order to necro in the morning, which he did (probably noonish EST on 11.27). End of the dick waving debate.
Liander wrote:
is it is known he did not actually move to necro between the 27th and the 28th, as the vampire Daly’s weapons are landing against him with a resounding no effect, which occurs only when you try to strike a target who has not moved since your last attack on them.
Nah, he necroed. It's nice to see that we aren't the only side with no effect hits, though (we've had them on Crimson, Michi, and Dea several times after watching them move). However, the no effect hits that Daly is referencing were actually from 11.27 evening after we waved multiple targets from all three lineages and he came in half cocked and blew teleports like he was snorting coke off a hooker's ass (planned because no discipline, btw). That night we spent 65K to land 39 total hits, and Daly spent 24K himself running around like a goddamn crazy person to land a whopping 4.
Liander wrote:
Between Blood Potions and the minimum possible necro prior to that, Pulse has spent 135,000 coins in resources - easily bridging the mistakes made by his enemies earlier in the week. Seyda, meanwhile, was spotted necroing another 4000 pints as she dropped to what must have been an uncomfortable blood range for her - her last and only zeroing being ten years ago as the result of a contract from the Splinters of Dusk - and resulting in the spending of another 100,000 coins.

In comparison, the only necroing performed by any other parties has been from Daly, which was covered in our last article, and resulted in 75,000 coins spent. However, while we can not outright accurately track movements, rumor has it that the combined forces of de Bouillon, din Kolesi, and the House of Caedis are failing time and again to make proper, warring waves against the St. John forces and are not utilizing their succour chains. The amount of resources being drained into routing or teleporting for potshots cannot even begin to be guessed at.
Not true.

Necro costs include: Pulse at 142225 (less than 206 btw), myself at 100K even, Daly at 64,625, and Dea di Luna at 50,000.

Liander wrote:
The House of Caedis has proclaimed many times that they just wish to stir the pot, hitting whoever they want simply because they have the resources to do so. If this is the case, then they can chalk this up as a victory for their own egos.
Well, they certainly can't claim a strategic victory, or even a "we know what we're doing victory," so sure, let's go with that.
Liander wrote:
the end result is just a sloppy showing from all.

Week 1 Summary 11.17-11.23.2017

Total hits - 107

Delivered by SA: 62 (39 on me) for 58% of the total hits

Delivered by SJW: 45 for 42% of the total hits

Total fighters - 17

For SA: 13 or 76%

For SJW: 4 or 24% of the total

Week 2 Summary 11.24-11.30.2017

Total hits - 129

Delivered by SAC: 50 (21 on me) for 39% of the total hits

Delivered by SJW: 79 for 61% of the total hits

Total fighters - 27

For SA: 19 or 70%

For SJW: 8 or 30% of the total

Not sloppy for us at all. Believe whatever spin you'd like, City, but numbers do not lie.

Edit: 27, not 127