THUNDERDOME: CAROUSEL

For breaking news, journalistic reports, and other thought-provoking articles written by both staff and our readership.
Vetras
IGN: Vetras

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:43 pm

One discrepancy that's standing out is that your 205 pints of blood is incorrect, so I won't even bother to do the rest of the math. As someone that was avidly sighting Pulse to see where his blood was, I can say yes, the collective effort was ceased after 205 after the blood potion was taken. However, Liander is correct in saying that there was one final 'fuck you,' scroll.

For someone that literally takes apart and goes line by line to play with semantics and little minor corrections, you may want to make sure that your math is actually on point.
᛫ R.I.P 06/12/2020 ᛫
Alex Ayres
OOC: Alessio
IGN: AlexAyres
Lineage: LoL

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:05 pm

Vetras wrote:
One discrepancy that's standing out is that your 205 pints of blood is incorrect, so I won't even bother to do the rest of the math. As someone that was avidly sighting Pulse to see where his blood was, I can say yes, the collective effort was ceased after 205 after the blood potion was taken. However, Liander is correct in saying that there was one final 'fuck you,' scroll.

For someone that literally takes apart and goes line by line to play with semantics and little minor corrections, you may want to make sure that your math is actually on point.

I don't know for sure, but I think Seyda was pointing out that Liander's statement "what started out as a fuck you vial" which implies only one vial was thrown at Seyda as a fuck you, was incorrect, as in reality the number was 4 or 5 vials thrown to start the conflict. I don't believe she was referencing the one extra fuck you vial thrown at Pulse.

And as far as "play with semantics and little minor corrections" goes...how many minor corrections need to be made before a news piece is considered untrustworthy and invalid?

I prefer my facts and news to be minor corrections free.

Interesting perspective, though, Liander, excited to see how this one shakes out.
Vetras

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:09 pm

No. Seyda is doing what she always does and makes reading her replies tedious.

Maybe some of her adjustments to the statements have merit but she ruins it by making the most convoluted posts that I have ever been able to stomach. This has always been the case since I have begun to actually pay attention to shit.

But, what makes her posts ineffective is that if one portion of what she said was incorrect - like the spouting of random numbers that are not as precise as she wants the reporter doing this editorial to be - then what's to say the rest of it isn't just fluff with a sliver of fact, if there is any fact at all, further into her statements?

These attempts to discredit have a lot to be desired.
᛫ R.I.P 06/12/2020 ᛫
ladypeacek
OOC: Kenna
IGN: ladypeacek

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:14 pm

Vetras wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:09 pm
No. Seyda is doing what she always does and makes reading her replies tedious.

Maybe some of her adjustments to the statements have merit but she ruins it by making the most convoluted posts that I have ever been able to stomach. This has always been the case since I have begun to actually pay attention to shit.

But, what makes her posts ineffective is that if one portion of what she said was incorrect - like the spouting of random numbers that are not as precise as she wants the reporter doing this editorial to be - then what's to say the rest of it isn't just fluff with a sliver of fact, if there is any fact at all, further into her statements?

These attempts to discredit have a lot to be desired.
Shouldn't that hold true for the actual reporter too? If half their facts are wrong, what gives merit to any of it? None of it makes any difference- one small mistake here, one bit of miscommunication there, facts, lies, assumptions...who -actually- cares? At the end of the day, people will believe what they want to, based on who they like.
Vetras

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:20 pm

I think there's a difference between a reporter being completely inaccurate with information and how a reporter's phrasing is misinterpreted by an audience. That is not a fault of a reporter. Reporting itself does have different styles to it.

Liander has merit because he's done the best that he can to explain the things that he's given. Considering I've seen one person outright say (and paraphrasing here, so you don't have to quote ungodly amounts of bullshit), "Well none of us were asked about anything," to someone on the same side going, "Neener neener, because you write things we don't agree with, we're not giving you shit," would tell the reporter that he will have to work with what he's got. So he did.

And for you to be saying that it doesn't matter because you're going to believe what you want to believe, then why is Seyda having to go through and quote an article six times over to prove something? A lot of effort for a "who cares," kind of attitude.
᛫ R.I.P 06/12/2020 ᛫
ladypeacek
OOC: Kenna
IGN: ladypeacek

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:24 pm

Ask Seyda?

Also- We have never said we would not give him shit. The TARGET of this Fuck you- is SEYDA. And Liander, has not asked SEYDA anything, except how many times she has been zeroed. Who cares if Pulse is giving him anything or not. Seyda's the one with all the information, considering it's all about her. You'd think the reporter would at least attempt an interview with the person the entire conflict revolves around, yeah? Seyda has now said multiple times, she's available and willing to speak to him.
Seyda
OOC: Stephanie
IGN: Seyda
Lineage: St. John
Graphic Artist: Kenna

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:25 pm

Vetras wrote:

Um, you say that Pulse was not at 205 and then you say you stopped scrolling at 205?

Pulse absolutely was scrolled down to 205 before he popped the potion. He went from 205 to 1205, because that's what happens when you pop a potion.

I said nothing about the fuck you scroll at all, and if I'm recalling, our sighter did call that out in the war room. That sheet is from our BID sightings and not live activity. I can edit in 1195 to account for the last scroll if that would make it better?
Vetras

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:27 pm

A reporter's duty is supposed to report as much as possible, meaning that in order to get a better understanding of the situation, I'd think going to multiple people instead of just one would be more well rounded than just the view of one individual, even if that individual is the center focus for some of the people involved.
᛫ R.I.P 06/12/2020 ᛫
Vetras

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:30 pm

Seyda wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:25 pm
Um, you say that Pulse was not at 205 and then you say you stopped scrolling at 205?
No. I said that the collective (meaning the full effort) was stopped at 205, and that he blood potioned. So yes, he was at 1205 and then he was scrolled by one person.
᛫ R.I.P 06/12/2020 ᛫
Alphadragon
OOC: Pauly
IGN: Alpha Dragon
Lineage: Basarab

Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:13 am

And so it shall down in history as the "Carousel War"

Well there are worse names.

Usher the spite seething Draconist
And commit this world to thy ancient sovereignty

:twisted: Banner by Batrisha :evil:
]