Ravenblack Weather Report!

For breaking news, journalistic reports, and other thought-provoking articles written by both staff and our readership.
dakota
IGN: Kota

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:34 pm

Hey there, fellow Ravenblack-ians! Have you been wondering what the week looks like when you look out to the sky?
Will there be rain? Fog? Smog? Snow? Sleet? Cats & dogs!?
Well look no further!
From here on (or until I get fired!) you can find weekly updates of what our future holds.

I'm Kota, and I'll be your new local weathergirl!

Got questions about who I am? Why I'm so fuckin cute? What gives me this epic superpower of weather-sight?!
You can message me directly through the Ab Antiquo office lines, or on my cell. [skidmark#4052]
s t r a t o c a s t e r strapped to your back :: it's a s e m i - a u t o m a t i c like dad's
i s w e a r i ' m g o o d a t t h i s
dakota

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:43 pm

Jumping right on in to business, here's this week, November 12 - 18, in the skies -

We got hit with a surprise snow storm yesterday that left us with between 2 - 4 inches; just enough to close schools for the day.
Public schools will reopen tomorrow for regular classes, but fear not, kids - we've got more headed our way!

Night temps will drop towards the end of the week and pick back up for an excellent sunny weekend of play in the snow!

Remember, now that it's getting cold out there, to let your pets inside and that any outside animals have plenty of heat to keep warm. It's gonna be a wild winter this year~

See you next week with more updates!
s t r a t o c a s t e r strapped to your back :: it's a s e m i - a u t o m a t i c like dad's
dakota

Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:24 am

After all that snow, we're looking at a drop in temperature this coming week - mostly clear days with some wind and rain mid-way. As always, with the low night temps all below freezing, please keep your fluffy children inside at night!
dakota

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:18 pm

[OOC: clearly I missed this week’s report, taking this short break due to a personal stint. we should be back up and running next week - sorry for the delay, guys.]
dakota

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:34 am

Apologies for the delay, friends, winter caught the better of my immune system last week, but now we're back to our regularly scheduled weather report!

This week in the skies we've got a shit ton of cloudy days ahead of us, so be sure to stock up on bubble bath supplies and tea. Cold dark days are coming starting with sleet (ugh, gross) today. Look out for the thunderstorm on Thursday that's sure to be a doozy - snow on Friday that won't last long since we've got a cold front coming in with more rain and a drop in temperature this weekend.

My advice this week is to bundle and bundle well. Find your favorite movies and shows and horde your friends and furry leggeds close to you and just binge-watch everything.

If anyone needs, I've made a bulk batch fire cider and some immune-boosting teas I'm happy to share - find me in the tavern this week, maybe outside the park busking, or hit up the office call lines.

dakota

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:16 am

Surprise! This week it's gonna be ~ * f u c k i n g c o l d * ~ !

Bundle up well, guys. We're getting snow today and tomorrow! Probably a foot, says the forecast. Maybe more. Might want to look into investing in a pair of snow shoes or skis for getting around! And you know what that means - Schools are closed until further notice! Snow Days! Grab your trash can lids and hit the hills cause there's gonna be some prime sledding out there tonight!

If any businesses have altered hours due to the weather, let me know via DM or cell and I'll list them here!

dakota

Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Sorry for the delay, folks! This week we've got even more cold - mostly rain and clouds with the potential for sleet on Thursday night when the temperature drops. As per usual, keep yourself warm and your immune system healthy - I think there could be a flu starting to go around so be sure to be drinking plenty of fluids and resting when you get a chance!

I still have plenty of immune boosting Fire Cider and an herbal tea blend laying about. If anyone's interested!
dakota

Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:36 am

Gooooooood morning, Ravenblack! This week we've got a mild one as far as temperature goes. Some light snow coming in mid-week that won't last long after the rain follows. Keep a look out for warmer temps on wednesday and *sunlight*! Closing out the week with another drop and storms, so make sure all your dogs are safe and sound - thunder can be scary.

Have a happy new year, folks! Be safe and have fun!

dakota

Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:32 pm

Hey there, hi there, ho there, friends!
This week the skies are blessing us with a glimpse of warm weather and lots of sunshine! And then suddenly lots of rain and a temperature drop - but hey! A high of 41/5 today is looking like a great day for a walk in the park!

Look out for the unexpected sleet coming this weekend (gross). And be sure to be taking something for your immune system - this up and down weather jumping is sure to give your health a run for its money.
Last edited by dakota on Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dakota

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:03 pm

This week we've got rain, clouds, fog and this weekend, snow! That's right, folks, winter is truly upon us now and it doesn't seem to be leaving. Don't put away your snow boots yet - we're looking at an expected 5-10 inches, so make sure to stock up on your vitals and get a movie or fifteen from the Redbox by your local corner store.