Homewreckers.

For breaking news, journalistic reports, and other thought-provoking articles written by both staff and our readership.
Daly
IGN: Daly
Clan: The House of Silence
Lineage: O'Collin

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:02 pm

We've all been in this city for a long period of time now. We have our own goals, our own ways to "change the city for the better" and "produce more activity." We all claim to be working for the same thing, but we never admit that perhaps the fact that we all want to be the creator of city revival is the sole reason why we're failing at such tasks. We focus on the departures we've faced in the years and we all assume that eventually people will return, and the ones that come back are never what we expected. This city, much like this planet, has gone through a lot of changes to help us adapt. Survive. Earth has survived multiple extinctions, RavenBlack is no different. Different styles of death, of course. Different lineages or clans rise to the top, they control the way the city works whether they like to admit it or not, they become the front runners. They become the role-models. It's to the leaders of the city that people look for change, but I think we've all misinterpreted how to provide it.

The moment you're placed in a leadership position, everything you were before that moment ceases to exist. Now you have more than yourself to think about. All of your actions represent your followers. All of your words now have hidden meanings in them. Your every action is taken out of context, so you think to yourself you have to keep a guard up. A different face for the rest of the city. What we never think about is what can destroy us from the inside, and this isn't all about spying. There are so many things that pose a greater threat to your establishment than intel trading. Unfortunately not many people think about that stuff and it causes such a toxic response internally that within minutes, any lineage or clan can be left for pickins over a lapse in judgment. That same judgment the rest of your people depend on while facing the city. Cheaters, opportunists, and attention whores pose a larger threat than given credit for. I call people with these traits 'Homewreckers.' When any of those types of behaviors are enabled, you have successfully stamped the expiration date on your clan, or lineage.

You see, when you cheat on your partner and you have a growing family together, you do more than fulfill your selfish sexual needs. You show your childer, the warriors of your hall that any vow can be broken. The lack of respect is something that is commonly forgotten when you cheat on your partner, people feel like they need to pick a side. It turns into an ugly mess, and for what. A piece of ass? A mediocre dick? I haven't always thought this way which has primarily been my downfall in the past. My transgressions against my ex wives is something I don't think can ever rightfully be forgiven, and I don't blame them for hating me for it. Because I did more than turn my back on my partner back then, I turned my back on my lineage. I let my selfish sex drive break more hearts than my wives, confuse my childer to make them think my bond with them never mattered either. (There was more to that too, I'm a savage, I know.) This is the most common "Homewrecker" term out there, probably the most often used.

When you're a part of a clan or a lineage that is on its way down the food chain, it's not hard to look to your left or right and find at least one person on either side already gathering intel to trade with your enemies. Some consider that spying, I consider it a crime of opportunity. The reason being is if they were still on top, spying wouldn't be an option on their mind. But their need to stay on top takes over their judgment so they gather anything and everything that could be damning and they sell it to the highest bidder: Which one of you can keep me on top. Who's willing to give me rank. Etc. All the people you have sworn loyalty to, all the people you shed blood for. Torpored with. Sent others to the restless hell to suffer in their wounds and in the known failure to protect their lineages/clans. One slow year, a few people leave and you're a target. Loss is almost certain, so you trade up. Destroy the future of the clan or lineage you're a part of because fighting for your strength is harder than having it handed to you on a platter. A little secret? No one on the team you just joined has any respect for you, whatsoever. You're dispensable. No one expects your loyalty.

Have you ever been a part of a lineage or a clan and noticed that there is always that one person who seems to be doing anything so your leader gives them their undivided attention? These types of people are willing to do anything for it, too. Act the way the leader likes, offer some Bill Clinton in the oval office blow jobs, flirt or attempt to act seductive around their leaders, tattle tale on their siblings or clanmates just so they all look bad. "You should all look at Joe Kissass and take a lesson in how you should be acting" type shit. They'll drive a wedge between partners who lead a single lineage or clan just to get their way. Take the opportunity to steal a title if they think they have a shot. The saddest part is there are leaders in this city who actually do fall for this, they get wrapped up around their fingers and they do anything to please these attention cunts. That includes pissing off their significant other, the Patriarch or Matriarch of the lineage. That includes breaking their hearts, or demeaning them in front of all of the people who follow you. And let me tell you, putting your partner down in front of your lineage doesn't make you special. It makes you an asshole. And anyone who enables that is just hoping you'll leave that fuck for them. Which is just the worst kind of disgrace one can be, if you ask me. But what do I know.

All of these traits have a few things in common but the most important one is being selfish. You're a leader and you're only thinking about what's good for you, which lets down every single person who swore to die before they let you fall. It drops their value, makes them feel worthless or like they would be nowhere without their leaders. Successfully traps them, and if they leave? Well fuck them, they better get zeroed and smeared immediately. In order to bring any positive change to this city you have to start at home, right? I believe that completely, which is why you see me go from Resident Dirtbag to Daly O'Collin. I treat my wife like she's the only woman in this city because I don't think there's a single woman out there who can do what Jenny has done to me. I tell all of my childer, every member of The House of Silence that their word is not only valuable, but their weapons and their blood are the only reason I have anything in this city and for that I owe them a debt. Because I want the change in this city to be people seeing the worth inside themselves before they try to up the worth of other people. Without that, we have a group of immortals who think we're better than everyone else. No one gets to build because we're too worried about what's on someone else's plate than our own. No growth is no activity.

And no. I don't want more members to the House of Silence, so don't take this as a way to get more members. We also don't believe we're better than anyone else. Quite the opposite, we call each other savages. We set people on fire and all that nasty jazz. This also isn't aimed at anyone in particular, so if you take offense to any of these words perhaps it's not me you're mad at, but your guilty conscience instead? I'm not the type to hide, if we got beef you would know before an article was written. These are just cycles I see repeating themselves over and over again, and I noticed that people rarely mention it.

I truly hope this message sinks in for everyone in the city. Without each other, this city falls apart. Whether we like each other or not.

Signed,
Daly O'Collin.
Leader of The House of Silence.
Jenny | The House of Silence.
.Husband.Brother.Sire.Outlaw.

King of Silence.
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy
Lineage: de Draak

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:19 pm

Well said and well done.
|| de Draak ||
Jenny
IGN: Jenny
Clan: House of Silence
Lineage: O’Collin
Graphic Artist: Harv

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:41 pm

Wise words, love. As usual, well-spoken.
C S   •   J O U R N A L
L I Z   •   D E Z   •   D E E   •   H I L D A   •   D A L Y
O ’ C O L L I N   •   H O U S E   O F   S I L E N C E
Abel De'lacruise
OOC: John
IGN: Abel
Lineage: De'lacruise
Graphic Artist: Megatron

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:57 pm

Honestly..this was amazingly done and written, thank you brother, we haven't spoken in awhile, come have drinks sometime.
Moon Girl
almost every night, I hear the demon sing
Drewbeary /Reilyn / Liski / Skylar
Amaya_Shannis
OOC: Brandi
IGN: Amaya_Shannis
Clan: Ferryman
Lineage: O'Reilly/Pacherontis

Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:49 pm

*insert applause*
But I'm not fading
No one can save me

NightWatch Guardian
Pub Manager, The Guardian's Outpost
Ferrymen
drew
IGN: drewbeary
Lineage: Morais

Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:07 pm

Very well written, Daly. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on a topic in a respectful manner (I think anyways).
Vex
Editor
OOC: Lyssa
IGN: Vex
Lineage: de Draak
Graphic Artist: Megatron

Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:16 am

This is indeed well written.
𒀭𒄊𒀕𒃲
In this twilight how dare you speak of grace

Character Sheet - - The Recovery Diaries
Seyda