Positively P[r]etty

For breaking news, journalistic reports, and other thought-provoking articles written by both staff and our readership.
Vex
Editor
OOC: Lyssa
IGN: Vex
Lineage: de Draak
Graphic Artist: Megatron

Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:37 pm

There’s plenty of positivity to be found around Ravenblack City if one goes looking. The following bits and bobs were compiled over the past week of merely watching, listening, and reporting on the goings on within the streets, pubs, and various other establishments.

Saints of Salem
The Saints of Salem is a new organization founded by James St. John in June 2020 to ensafenate (no, this is not a word, but it should be a word) our city streets. The goal of the organization is to rid the world of threats - mainly hunters and paladins who hunt down supernatural beings. Since its inauguration, a whopping total of 634 hunters and paladins, and a feral werewolf have been eliminated by the members of the group!

NightWatch Hub Giveaways
I’m sure many of you have entered the weekly giveaways sponsored by the NightWatch over at the Hub, but I bet you didn’t know why they were occurring so frequently. As explained by NightWatch Commander smitsmit, “I noticed that while the Transit Guards and our shopfinders have always relied on both hunters and donations to survive, they were now thriving with the addition of the new Perception ability. So, I wanted to do something to give back to the community more, as well as try to stimulate interest in the Hub community in general.” If any of the city’s groups have interest in giveaway collaborations with the NightWatch, please find smit...at the Hub of course!

http://thehub.ravenblack.city/

Birthday Shrine
Moirai went all out for his childe Mandolin on Sunday, August 2nd! Over the preceding week, he’d set up an ofrenda dedicated to Mandolin at Hellfire Club, much to the confusion of patrons. All was revealed on Sunday: the spectacle was in honor of Mandolin’s birthday - and make up for time spent apart - culminating in the arrival of a pony dressed like a pink ballerina and a giant pink birthday cake. Happy Birthday Mandolin! (Whether or not not it’s actually your birthday)

Charismas in July
The Ferrymen are known for gathering intelligence and helping out around the city, typically with shops and guild hunting. Lesser known are the events held every December and July: Merry Charismas and Charismas in July. Both events have one purpose: complete as many charisma quests as possible! This year’s Charismas in July wrapped up on August first, with members of Ferrymen and their friends completing a whopping 195 Charisma quests, requiring a total of 984 helpers to complete the jobs!!
  • Total number of quests completed:
    90 Level 1 Charisma Quests
    77 Level 2 Charisma Quests
    28 Level 3 Charisma Quests
Keep an eye out for Merry Charismas this December if you have Charisma quests that need doing!

I'd like to give a heartfelt thank you to those who helped make this lil piece possible,
either by providing tips, information, or simply suggesting something going on. Y'all know who you are. And a special thank you to Seyda who coauthored this piece!
𒀭𒄊𒀕𒃲
In this twilight how dare you speak of grace

Character Sheet - - The Recovery Diaries
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy

Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:59 pm

I was really wondering about things in the Hellfire club. For just a second I worried that something had happened to Mandolin. Glad it was just her gaining another great year under her timeless belt.
|| de Draak ||
Jada
OOC: K
IGN: Jada
Lineage: della Spada/Mahorela

Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:28 pm

Slow news night?
Wretched War-Whore ~ Moirai Forever
della Spada ~ Mahorela
xxsacrificexx
OOC: Brandy
IGN: xxsacrificexx
Lineage: Houlihan
Graphic Artist: Harv

Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:43 am

I had no idea about Charismas in July! I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

This was pretty nice. Can we expect more?
Quade
IGN: Quade

Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:39 am

Quade wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:46 am
...so y dont 1 of u write this good news column?

this is sick! kool that u all took my advice n stopped whinin n jus did it urself! baby troll got some legs after all i guess huh karen?

the best part is this can happen AND positive pebbles can happen. at the same time. 2gether. in harmony.

what a caRayZyZyZyZyZy ideYaYaYaa.

k bai.
Proficimus More Irretenti
im a clown. like john wayne gacy.

-Signature Credit to KatieKat-
drew
IGN: drewbeary
Lineage: Morais

Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:11 am

Actually, I think the real points missed are the following:

1. People use Scuttlebutt because too scared to say negative things. I'm not judging, but it's easier for most people to say nicer things than negative things to people.
2. If you want to promote change, kudos to you (general). But walk the walk for a while. Giving gold stars for cute things, while cute and nice, doesn't convey to me, personally, I want the community to change- unless I start the change and focus on those everywhere making the change.
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy

Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:29 pm

drew wrote:
2. If you want to promote change, kudos to you (general). But walk the walk for a while. Giving gold stars for cute things, while cute and nice, doesn't convey to me, personally, I want the community to change- unless I start the change and focus on those everywhere making the change.
Is this directed at Quade or Vex or the article or scuttlebutt or a lesson from you for all citizens in general? I'm not sure I understand what's being said.
|| de Draak ||
ophelia
OOC: -
IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason
Graphic Artist: Greyce

Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:41 pm

Joy wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:29 pm
drew wrote:
Is this directed at Quade or Vex or the article or scuttlebutt or a lesson from you for all citizens in general? I'm not sure I understand what's being said.
Confused me too.....
drew
IGN: drewbeary
Lineage: Morais

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:18 pm

It was kind of in support of Vex's efforts as he did the leg work and posted things with more substance than previous attempts of promoting positivity.
Tessa's idea isn't a bad one per say, but if you (general) don't like the supposed negativity/toxicity of the other article, you're going to have to do more than what's previously been done. Which, I guess encompasses Quade's do both idea.
Vex
Editor
OOC: Lyssa
IGN: Vex
Graphic Artist: Megatron

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:33 pm

drew wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:18 pm
It was kind of in support of Vex's efforts as he did the leg work and posted things with more substance than previous attempts of promoting positivity.
Tessa's idea isn't a bad one per say, but if you (general) don't like the supposed negativity/toxicity of the other article, you're going to have to do more than what's previously been done. Which, I guess encompasses Quade's do both idea.
That is exactly what my original suggestion was. There's nothing wrong with what she's going, but it's far less than it could be. Keep the anon submission box, just do more with it. Instead of commenting on someone's submission, go dig into who that person is. Do a little interview, sit down with someone, branch out, have fun with it, put a little more work into it, and the results would likely be a whole lot more than they are now. She's welcome to use this format - it's a mix of highlights of events and happenings, mini interview, and amusing observed interaction for a reason.

Also, in case anyone was wondering why we chose the title, Seyda and I are notoriously petty, but we can be pretty, too sometimes. 8-)
𒀭𒄊𒀕𒃲
In this twilight how dare you speak of grace

Character Sheet - - The Recovery Diaries