REAL ESTATE: Requiem of Hades

For breaking news, journalistic reports, and other thought-provoking articles written by both staff and our readership.
Julia
IGN: Julia
Lineage: Pacherontis
Graphic Artist: Rhaeya

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:03 am

Honestly, what has me worried is the fact that nonconsensual bindings can happen. There is no fail safe, and even if does happen there is no option to remove it.

Blood oaths seem like a big deal because you can’t remove them, as I believe the original person who came up with the idea. Ophelia had intended it to be very much like the partner binding mechanics as in both parties have to agree to it and pay (not contesting the price here). Having it one sided seems a little controlling to me and opportunistic for others.

This isn’t very well thought out.
Last edited by Julia on Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
a morte e a ritorno | I fell asleep cradled by my melancholy.
drew
IGN: drewbeary
Lineage: Morais

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:27 am

Oh yeaaaaaah. Totally in agreement there.
Anthony
OOC: James
IGN: Anthony
Clan: Unaffiliated
Lineage: Blackstone
Graphic Artist: Tessa

Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:12 am

Well, first off cover a few points.

Drew: Nah, with all the changes in the city, weapons and counter measures, I have deduced that healing is really no big deal. Can it be misused? Of course, just as everything else in the city. So, apologies to you for my quick judgement. I, in turn, fully support your building and your Hospital. It was far more excepted and will prosper so much more. I wish you nothing but good tidings in your progress with it.

Julia: In regards to the "Not Well Thought Out". Both me and RB sat down for a few days hashing out the finer details. No, there is not benefit and agreed on pure cosmetics. And you know me, so you know that the financial aspect was not an issue to sway my choices. We discussed the aspect of the "Stalker Aspect" (See Below)

RavenBlack
Does it require them to be present at the time, or is it a completely solo act?

Anthony
I would suspect if 2 people agree on it, should be at the same time. Otherwise you would have people going in and blood oathing to someone that doesn't want it.

RavenBlack
That's what I thought, but also wasn't sure if people would think that's fine - I could swear my life to someone without their knowledge or permission in real life, after all. So I'd be okay doing it either way. But yeah, probably best to make it require the presence just because there's plenty of issues with people being creepy already.

We did keep that in mind, so if the potential would be taken out of the equation. So, advisable to not just hang out in the ROH.

Also, this is seen as Purely cosmetic, but, it is a Blood Oath between two people. It as neither Sire, nor Childe. But, a bond between two people like siblings. Neither is better then the other, both are on equal ground.

The question on severance was brought up, but decided it was like a sibling. It is hard to sever one whos own blood flows through your veins, just like a sibling. Which brings more of a commitment and understanding of seriousness when two decide on actually making a Blood Oath to one another. (See Below)

Anthony
Here is a question I just thought of: Should we have a limit to it, like 3-4. or A severance option? If so, maybe 100k for severance? Thoughts?

RavenBlack
I'd rather not make the blood oath removable, seems like that kind of defeats the point.

When brought to the table months ago, the list of options and requests were above and beyond something that could ever be reasonable. An Elder of the city advised me on a few aspects that could be suggested and worked that angle to get the approval and implementation of the new power.

Also, the addition for the healing lingered, and had the option to not include it. But, decided to keep it in since both actions do indeed include a Blood Ritual. To much in common to not add.

If anyone had questions or wanted clarification, I have and always will be around to answer those questions. I hope that I was able to quell a few of the inquiries that were in mind.

I know my name is being slandered, and leaving lips in disgust, but I am around if you wish to discuss further. (Discord: AnthonyB#6691)

I hope that you all enjoy. In essence, if it is not your cup of tea, then do not use it.
Last edited by Anthony on Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
<3 Arallara’s <3
House of Blackstone
Seyda
OOC: Stephanie
IGN: Seyda
Lineage: St. John
Graphic Artist: Kenna

Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:25 am

Oh lookie, the floodgate of unilateral decision making is in full swing. Nobody saw this coming at all.
ophelia
OOC: -
IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason
Graphic Artist: Greyce

Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:04 pm

Julia wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:03 am
Honestly, what has me worried is the fact that nonconsensual bindings can happen. There is no fail safe, and even if does happen there is no option to remove it.

Blood oaths seem like a big deal because you can’t remove them, as I believe the original person who came up with the idea. Ophelia had intended it to be very much like the partner binding mechanics as in both parties have to agree to it and pay (not contesting the price here). Having it one sided seems a little controlling to me and opportunistic for others.

This isn’t very well thought out.
Yup.
Anthony

Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:05 am

Well, since the fear of this "Predator" type is now relevant. It is essentially now an accusatory action to all Sires/Partners, turned now into potential non-trusting Predators. Perhaps we should expose those that are Sires/Partners that are perceived threats.

The is a serious issue to make as a broad accusation and shows the true distrust that is obviously shared amongst those in the city.

With that fear, it would now, NOT be beneficial to Bind or Sire anyone with that much distrust in one another. Even more so now of the fear of the one you 'thought" you could trust will potentially, well, Tattoo their name on Your body.
Last edited by Anthony on Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
<3 Arallara’s <3
House of Blackstone
Anthony

Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:26 am

Not going delete or edit the above statement because in all seriousness, that is a very real threat. With that said:

Working on options now after taking all thoughts and kind suggestions from everyone. We did not realize the extent of threats and hate mail one would have received. But rest assured the constant flow of "Heated" and "Direct" conversations, emails and messages I have received have been heard. We are currently looking at dispelling the effects of that may cause any undo mental and physical stress it may have cause or perhaps would have cause for future incidents.

I humbly apologize for seemingly offending and angering the large amount of the community. Do believe me when my intentions were never set to "Evil", "Diabolical", or Even "Egotistical", Just a few of the names that have been directed at me.

I have wronged a few people that were important in my life and for that I apologize to them. In the aftermath of that incident, was handed an opportunity to make the property into something for all, something that could prosper and have a use in the city, while also giving homage to many we held dear.

I do hope in the next few days, the corrected issues will fall into place to make the effect more beneficial and used in the way that it was intended.

(Same post in the "Blood Oath" section.)
(Edited for Grammer)
<3 Arallara’s <3
House of Blackstone
Anthony

Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:12 pm

*Blood Oath Update*

The "release" option is in the Hall of Severance now. Other one will take a bit longer.

The 'target' of the oath could remove it for free, like just releasing someone from an oath they made to you. That would make any sort of malicious oathing completely ridiculous.

Currently Being worked on, may take a little bit longer to have initiated, but is going to be implemented. A Harsh Punishment for Unwanted activity. But good fail-safe.

Any mechanism for the person who did it to remove it can and should obviously be significantly more onerous, since there's no way for that to have happened without their consent, and otherwise the oath has no weight. 10000 blood, or, if you don't have 10000, all your blood.
<3 Arallara’s <3
House of Blackstone
Anthony

Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:28 pm

*Update*
Breaking a blood oath costs 20,000 blood (or all your blood if you have less). Now an option in the Hall of Severance.
<3 Arallara’s <3
House of Blackstone
Melinoe
IGN: Paradox

Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:00 pm

Anthony wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:28 pm
*Update*
Breaking a blood oath costs 20,000 blood (or all your blood if you have less). Now an option in the Hall of Severance.
Why did it go from 10,000 to 20,000?
What was the reasoning behind it?
Poisonous tongues created me; I was baptized in gasoline.