Blood Oaths

For breaking news, journalistic reports, and other thought-provoking articles written by both staff and our readership.
Anthony
OOC: James
IGN: Anthony
Clan: Unaffiliated
Lineage: Blackstone
Graphic Artist: Tessa

Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:48 pm

Well now, quite the discussion....

So first and foremost. "If", someone scrolled you into the square to oath you, then that is only on their profile, NOT YOURS. IF they Blood Oath to you, then I guess they owe their life to you. You DO NOT have to pay to have their name on your profile saying that you are Blood Oathed to them. You pay the 50k to, more or less have their name on your profile, showing you that you have a oath with them.

Can someone scroll you and Oath to you? Sure. Why they would do that? I have no clue, unless to have you close for some reason. And that would show that it was a one sided move and look bad if they did waste time effort and money, just to have your name on their profile. If you are scared about your Sire, summoning you to Oath you, then perhaps you picked the wrong Sire to have that fear instilled in you.

What does that mean? In short...Nothing. They are a dick to add you and it quickly shows.

Disownment: Yes, but even though you are, your still blood related.

Did I go out and do it on my own? Hell yes I did. When I went to RB with the original idea, he mentioned it has been brought up before, but no one was willing to work with him, or further the discussion. I went to him with the suggestions from others and those were quickly shot down. I knew this was going to be an expensive and long venture, one I knew no one would have wanted to pursue, obvious from the suggestions. After actually working and discussing with RB to having a working binding, that we were both in agreement with.

It was something I was passionate about and saw as a great new discussion option for everyone. Creativity like from creating your own style of brand, to being close to those that you have know for a long time. No underlaying scheme, and that shows when there is zero benefit and effects nothing to benefit.

Newbies being fooled into it: To what advantage? for what reason? To be a serial collector of names? Everything is a series of hypotheticals. What if, this and that. Everyone is so busy hating the idea, no one is looking beyond that.

And Megalomania? Really? I do one thing and it garners a harsh accusation of a mental illness? Nice. Not understanding the information you wanted since, well you never asked. But hey, "Party on Wayne". Again, I gain nothing and knew the ridicule I would receive. Only difference is that I am changing up the city aspect, implementing change and pushing the city forward. I wanted to make a space that was useful, something nice for folks to attempt a new option.

This post does not help my case, but the constant attempts of a brow beat down is insignificant to that, that has been done. But once again, if you don't like it, stay away from the square.

One thing I can say is I am a bringer of peace. Never thought I would see the day Dea, Narcissa and Julia would talk and actually agree on something.
<3 Arallara’s <3
House of Blackstone
Seyda
OOC: Stephanie
IGN: Seyda
Lineage: St. John
Graphic Artist: Kenna

Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:23 pm

I stopped reading after the 10th time you said the word “I.”
ophelia
OOC: -
IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason
Graphic Artist: Greyce

Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:31 pm

Seyda wrote:
Beers on me!
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy
Lineage: de Draak

Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:32 pm

ophelia wrote:
Seyda wrote:
Beers on me!
You need a napkin? Is this a call for aid?
|| de Draak ||
Ferris
OOC: Bree
IGN: Ferris
Lineage: O’Collin

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:05 pm

ophelia wrote:
Seyda wrote:
Beers on me!
:lol:
O’Cᴏʟʟɪɴ | Cᴀᴅᴇɴ
CS
Seyda
OOC: Stephanie
IGN: Seyda
Lineage: St. John
Graphic Artist: Kenna

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:09 pm

ophelia wrote:
Seyda wrote:
Beers on me!
Bring beer and I drink beer!
ophelia

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:10 pm

I found one called alpaca kisses. Bought it because name and the can was pretty
ophelia

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:11 pm

Joy wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:32 pm
ophelia wrote:
Seyda wrote:
Beers on me!
You need a napkin? Is this a call for aid?
Yes, yes I do and yes it is
Anthony
OOC: James
IGN: Anthony
Clan: Unaffiliated
Lineage: Blackstone
Graphic Artist: Tessa

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:25 pm

Simply...Wow.
<3 Arallara’s <3
House of Blackstone
Julia
IGN: Julia
Lineage: Pacherontis
Graphic Artist: Rhaeya

Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:03 pm

Frankly... you need the tea and consent video. Watch that a few times while I learn to try and posses a destruction proof teacup.

No one needs to ask anything to test anything, but that’s the whole point right.

“You could have asked.”
a morte e a ritorno | I fell asleep cradled by my melancholy.