Blood Oaths

For breaking news, journalistic reports, and other thought-provoking articles written by both staff and our readership.
ophelia
OOC: -
IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason
Graphic Artist: Greyce

Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:43 pm

Vex wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:57 pm
Ravenloft wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:36 pm
I may or may not have a few cages where I keep Pixies....

And I'll send a shipment to you Seyda. It's on the house.
I'm seeing a theme here. Has anyone talked to you about consent?
He may or may not want to not have pixies in cages unless he’s into abrupt house fires, among other things
Arabella
IGN: Arabella
Graphic Artist: Carrot

Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:23 pm

Anyone who has ever been in an abusive relationship could have told you why this was oversighting and downright moronic.

Anyone who has ever wanted to cut ties with someone in their life could have told you this was not going to be used in the way you supposedly intended.

Saying it only shows up on the payers profile is, again, a tactless statement. Abuse is about power. Knowing someone can sight some sick asshole that did this without permission and see my name chills me. This was about consent, and I really truly hope someone can talk to RB about making this reversible.

Also your inability to accept that you may have messed up without even considering the "what ifs" is incredibly telling, dude. Maybe stop brushing things off your shoulders and look at what people are saying and consider, heavily, why they are saying it. Talk to someone who has survived abuse directly and actually listen to them.

Eta: if this was consensual, the idea it can be done with multiple people is very nice.

. i'll be waiting outside for the getaway .

Aude
IGN: Antique

Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:02 pm

I'm not entirely sure I have the words on.. How bad of an idea this was.
Kyilee KartikKade Nyxie
. T E M P A N Y .
S O N G B I R D ·
Anthony
OOC: James
IGN: Anthony
Clan: Unaffiliated
Lineage: Blackstone
Graphic Artist: Tessa

Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:22 am

Working on options now after taking all thoughts and kind suggestions from everyone. We did not realize the extent of threats and hate mail one would have received. But rest assured the constant flow of "Heated" and "Direct" conversations, emails and messages I have received have been heard. We are currently looking at dispelling the effects of that may cause any undo mental and physical stress it may have cause or perhaps would have cause for future incidents.

I humbly apologize for seemingly offending and angering the large amount of the community. Do believe me when my intentions were never set to "Evil", "Diabolical", or Even "Egotistical", Just a few of the names that have been directed at me.

I have wronged a few people that were important in my life and for that I apologize to them. In the aftermath of that incident, was handed an opportunity to make the property into something for all, something that could prosper and have a use in the city, while also giving homage to many we held dear.

I do hope in the next few days, the corrected issues will fall into place to make the effect more beneficial and used in the way that it was intended.

(Edited for Grammar)
<3 Arallara’s <3
House of Blackstone
Anthony
OOC: James
IGN: Anthony
Clan: Unaffiliated
Lineage: Blackstone
Graphic Artist: Tessa

Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:10 pm

*Blood Oath Update*

The "release" option is in the Hall of Severance now. Other one will take a bit longer.

The 'target' of the oath could remove it for free, like just releasing someone from an oath they made to you. That would make any sort of malicious oathing completely ridiculous.

Currently Being worked on, may take a little bit longer to have initiated, but is going to be implemented. A Harsh Punishment for Unwanted activity. But good fail-safe.

Any mechanism for the person who did it to remove it can and should obviously be significantly more onerous, since there's no way for that to have happened without their consent, and otherwise the oath has no weight. 10000 blood, or, if you don't have 10000, all your blood.
<3 Arallara’s <3
House of Blackstone
Vex
Editor
OOC: Lyssa
IGN: Vex
Lineage: de Draak
Graphic Artist: Megatron

Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:30 pm

Thank you. That’s a lot more fair and less creeptastic. I’ll update the original post shortly.

ETA: updated
𒀭𒄊𒀕𒃲
In this twilight how dare you speak of grace

Character Sheet - - The Recovery Diaries
Arabella
IGN: Arabella
Graphic Artist: Carrot

Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:03 pm

This is lovely to see!

. i'll be waiting outside for the getaway .

Narcisssa
IGN: Narcisssa
Lineage: ...
Graphic Artist: Mandolin!

Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:20 pm

Thank you for fixing this.
Koz
PsychoCliff
IGN: Psycho Cliff
Graphic Artist: -Tessa-

Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:56 pm

This is a very welcome addition.
The World Tastes Good
ImageBecause The Candy Man Thinks It Should.

(Banner by -Tessa-)
ophelia
OOC: -
IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason
Graphic Artist: Greyce

Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:17 pm

Thank you!