What is Pride Ride?

For breaking news, journalistic reports, and other thought-provoking articles written by both staff and our readership.
Smerberous
Reporter
OOC: Bekkah
IGN: Smerberous
Lineage: Ma’Khadok
Graphic Artist: Meg

Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:20 am

What is “PRIDE RIDE?

So, you see, what had happened was… A few of us within Ravenblack City felt that one month simply wasn’t enough for Pride. Why? Because that’s only thirty days and there’s just WAY too much to learn, attend, do, and get excited about in such a short period of time! So what did we decide to do about it?

Introducing: Pride Ride!
A summer-long event that anyone can participate in, whether it’s by heading over to Sepp’s Ground Floor café in person and grabbing an item off the upcoming Pride menu; listening to Lilou vs. Rhet on the radio while they discuss queer shit, answer anonymous Pride Ride questions, and listen to queer music; tuning in to other Soundbite DJs on the Bite, featuring queer artists; watching movies featuring queer actors or producers at Carpe Noctem Event Hall; playing trivia at the Ravenblack City Auction House; or attending one of several Pride events planned at Wolf Den (Pride Prom), reverie tasting room (Pride & Pleasure Fest), the Solstice Sinfest (Pride Sinfest), or Carpe Noctem (check back for dates and times).

Please note that this is not a complete or comprehensive list of events planned for this summer! There are always new places opening and new events being planned, so please keep an eye on the Social Calendar, which is good until the end of July!

“Okay, this sounds really cool, but what if we don’t understand exactly what Pride is?”
That’s the glorious thing about having Pride be a summer-long event. Reporters and freelancers here at Ab Antiquo are working on articles to address such things! Some of these articles are sensitive and require a trigger warning due to them containing subject matter pertaining to self-harm, suicidal ideation, suicide, and other struggles that the LGBTQIA+ community faces on a daily basis. With that, here’s a rundown of the various topics we’ll be touching on:

A History of Pride
• What is Pride? How did it start? What does it mean?
• Who is Ms. Marsha P Johnson?
• What progress has been made since Then vs Now?

Pride Flags & Their Histories
• It’s okay, sometimes I can’t keep up with them either. That’s why Razi and Linos are doing an article outlining the different ones and what they stand for!

Glossary
• AFAB
• AMAB
• Deadnaming
• FtM
• Little ways to make every day more inclusive
• MtF
The above is not a complete list of items that will be found in the Glossary article; this is just a sample of what you may find <3

Pronouns & Names
• Deadnaming - Why It Isn’t Okay
• Difference Between Gender and Sex
• Difference Between Pronouns such as…
── He/him
── He/they
── It/Its
── She/her
── She/they
── They/them
── Xe/xem
── Ze/zir
• Statistics on the effects of pro-LGBTQIA+ vs. anti-LGBTQIA+ mentalities in regards to self-harm, suicidal ideation, and suicide as well as academia and other struggles in pre-teens, teens, and young adults.

Orientations
• Sexual

Mrs_Gendered’s Pride 2020’s comic strips - yes, all 28 of them - will also be featured! They speak about and attempt to define the following: asexual, aromantic, bisexual, biromantic, closeted, cupiosexual, cupioromantic, demiromantic, demisexual, fluid, gay, greysexual, greyromantic, lesbian, LGBTQIA+, omnisexual, pansexual, panromantic, passing, queer, questioning, romantic attraction, romantic orientation, sexual attraction, sex averse, sex favorable, sex indifferent, sex repulsed, and transgender.

Keep in mind: this is not a complete list of articles we have lined up for the summer! More and more ideas are always coming along and being brought to fruition and we greatly appreciate your patience and suggestions! With that said, I hope you’re as pumped as we are!

Wanna collab for this summer-long event and get underneath that Pride Ride umbrella? Just contact me at (Smer#1059) and we’ll see what we can get started!

CREDITS: Thank you to some former members of Bite staff for proofreading and giving me ideas and suggestions for this article!
Sometimes I wake up in, the wrong side of my head.

The little voices creep back in, but it's cool.