ANONYMOUS TIP LINE

For breaking news, journalistic reports, and other thought-provoking articles written by both staff and our readership.
Ezra
OOC: Micah
IGN: Ezra
Lineage: de Draak

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:12 pm

At the suggestion of a few of our readers, we've decided to implement an anonymous tip line for anyone to nudge us towards any news that you feel otherwise uncomfortable sharing up-front.

The anonymous tip line is, as the name suggests, completely anonymous and will be using a similar system as virgo's "What Are You Really Thinking?" thread on the Ravenblack Necropolis, as well as Lorrana's anonymous Valentine's Day love notes. However, unlike those two threads, these anonymous tips will not be posted publicly. Any tips received through the tip line will be vigorously researched if deemed newsworthy, and will simply be a jumping-off point for future news articles. It is not a place to simply talk down our fellow citizens, nor a place to spread baseless rumors. No tips will be incorporated into any news articles if they are deemed baseless, and just because a tip is sent in, does not mean that it will be considered valid.

The sources will remain completely anonymous, and only our reporting staff here at Ab Antiquo have access to them.

We hope that this will be a useful way for the citizens of Ravenblack to help us get out news happening within our city, and will not be abused. Again, any tips sent in are completely anonymous and will be vigorously reviewed, researched, and subjugated to journalistic critique before they ever see the light of day.

If you have a tip you'd like to send in to the reporting staff here at Ab Antiquo, simply fill out this form provided. No account on this paper is necessary to do so, and it will not be linked to any names within the city. Our sources' privacies are of paramount importance to us.

https://anontipline.sarahah.com/
laeti vescimur nos subacturis
A N D E R S — f a m i l i a . s u p r a . o m n i a — V E X I A N
CHARACTER SHEET
Vetras
IGN: Vetras

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:41 pm

This sounds familiar...

Good luck!
᛫ R.I.P 06/12/2020 ᛫
Ezra

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Vetras wrote:
This sounds familiar...

Good luck!
People asked for it specifically. So they get it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
CHARACTER SHEET
Vetras

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:54 pm

What people? >.>
Asking for a friend.
᛫ R.I.P 06/12/2020 ᛫
Ezra

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:55 pm

Vetras wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:54 pm
What people? >.>
Asking for a friend.
All our sources remain completely anonymous, as per my introduction post. ;)
CHARACTER SHEET
Vetras

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:57 pm

Dun dun dun! That's convenient.
Carry on!
᛫ R.I.P 06/12/2020 ᛫
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy

Vetras wrote:
This sounds familiar...

Good luck!

Yeah, I heard about it like A HUNDRED years ago when the police were doing it.

Copycats.

What's next? You gonna start giving sources code names in articles like the police too?!?

When does it end!?

Also, dibs on 'Derp Throat'...it's too good to not be mine.
|| de Draak ||
ophelia
OOC: -
IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason
Graphic Artist: Greyce

Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:08 pm

Jauk wrote:

Also, dibs on 'Derp Throat'...it's too good to not be mine.

Yep, this vampire's mine.

Anyhow, good luck on this endeavor!
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy

Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:42 pm

Daly wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:15 pm

If it's anonymous it must be faked. Ask Damacus.

|| de Draak ||
Willa
OOC: Muffin
IGN: Willa
Graphic Artist: Lily~ | Megg

Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:21 pm

While this could be good for the reporters, the anonymity of it has a natural downside to it. There's always a downside to shit like this especially in a suspicious community like ours.

Depending on the tip itself, it has the potential to cause rifts and animosity within groups and stir up inevitable witch hunts. [Especially since people have the tendency to assume instead of ask questions.]

For example, a tip placed anonymously could be something along the lines of, 'Vex is an [silent] owner of the AB,' which causes a sense of hesitance [ and probably reluctance because it's Vex ] within portions of the community and a witch hunt forms to try to out the source that was shedding light on the 'silent partner.' [Because no one can just leave well enough alone. Everyone wants to know what everyone else knows, or what everyone else is doing. Let's get real.]

I hope that I'm wrong and this is not what happens with anonymous tip line but I see a very heavy chance of it causing more grief for the community than relief. The only group to gain any type of relief are the reporters, who gain tidbits to work into reports/articles that they otherwise might have overlooked or not known about at all.
It's me. Hi. I'm the problem, It's me.

deDraak