[dot]

Here is where you can grab the latest pieces from your favorite opinion writers. Anonymous submissions are posted here as well.
Seyda
OOC: Stephanie
IGN: Seyda
Lineage: St. John
Graphic Artist: Kenna

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:36 am

Alex Ayres wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:21 pm
This city is dying. It isn't what it once was. It isn't the glorious wars that I've been reading about lately. We're a group of supernatural elderly people, walking around an assisted living play ground smacking each other across the head with our canes and walkers.

While we all may live forever, a city that has no actual form of government, no real form of upkeep, will not.

And in its final years, while people spend their times trying to recapture a bit of the light that is slowly flickering out, by throwing vials and staking hearts, can we at least respect the people who the dead left behind, and consider how our words might affect them?
You are clearly showing that you simply were not here in the "glory days," as back then, no one would have taken the effort to piss and moan about someone having a negative opinion.

Stop referencing those days to make a point that you have no hope of understanding.
Seyda

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:37 am

Seyda wrote:
Alex Ayres wrote:
This city is dying. It isn't what it once was. It isn't the glorious wars that I've been reading about lately. We're a group of supernatural elderly people, walking around an assisted living play ground smacking each other across the head with our canes and walkers.

While we all may live forever, a city that has no actual form of government, no real form of upkeep, will not.

And in its final years, while people spend their times trying to recapture a bit of the light that is slowly flickering out, by throwing vials and staking hearts, can we at least respect the people who the dead left behind, and consider how our words might affect them?
You are clearly showing that you simply were not here in the "glory days," as back then, no one would have taken the effort to piss and moan about someone having a negative opinion and how that's killing everything. They would have just punched him in the face and kept it moving.

Stop referencing those days to make a point that you have no hope of understanding.
Alex Ayres
OOC: Alessio
IGN: AlexAyres
Lineage: LoL

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:53 am

Seyda wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:37 am
Seyda wrote:
Alex Ayres wrote:

You are clearly showing that you simply were not here in the "glory days," as back then, no one would have taken the effort to piss and moan about someone having a negative opinion and how that's killing everything. They would have just punched him in the face and kept it moving.

So nice you said it twice, huh? :D
darkwolf
OOC: Cody
IGN: darkwolf
Graphic Artist: Penny

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:54 am

It's a message that bears repeating?
Meli || Thia || Dea
Alex Ayres

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:07 am

Seyda wrote:
Alex Ayres wrote:

You are clearly showing that you simply were not here in the "glory days," as back then, no one would have taken the effort to piss and moan about someone having a negative opinion.

On a more serious note, doesn't your statement just prove that it is no longer the "glory days" (I'm quoting it because you said it. I don't know why you quoted it, because I didn't say it)? Since what wouldn't have happened then, has happened now? And if that's true...aren't you just supporting the thesis that the city isn't what it once was?

And if the "here" you are referring to is the city, I've been "here" since 2005. When were the "glory days"?
Seyda

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:22 am

I've always said it isn't as it once was. However, this whiny ass social justice shit is what is killing it.
Vex
Editor
OOC: Lyssa
IGN: Vex
Lineage: de Draak
Graphic Artist: Megatron

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:35 am

In the "glory days", Kaio would have crucified you, petit_prince would have taken a piss on your corpse, Mandolin would be taking a melon baller to your eyes, tejas would be running around naked, and Occamrazor would be trying to hack off your ears, Alex.

So like... uh... maybe don't go there...?
𒀭𒄊𒀕𒃲
In this twilight how dare you speak of grace

Character Sheet - - The Recovery Diaries
Alex Ayres

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:56 am

Seyda wrote:
I've always said it isn't as it once was.
Ah, so you were just used two things that look like they are related (whether or not I was here in the "glory days" vs. things that happened in the "glory days") but aren't, made them related, to prove a point there wasn't, even though you agreed with the thesis I was proposing. Probably because you were on some level offended by the fact that I said we're old people hitting each over the head with canes and walkers, but I don't know for sure, just a guess.

Seyda wrote:
However, this whiny ass social justice shit is what is killing it.

That's an interesting perspective. I could see why someone who seems so entrenched in a war mentality would see it that way, and you may even be right. I don't know how we could find out for sure, but if we could discover a way to do so, I'd gladly take that journey because it would be fascinating to see what the cause of the city's decay is and we could come up with a solution to reverse it.

But I think it's at least worth entertaining the possibility that this isn't true. That, everything changes, and maybe if we changed with it, instead of resisting it, and saw that some old practices may be part of the reason for the decay, we could come up with solutions that would turn the city around, and maybe make it a place where new, fresh faces actually would want to come and spend a little time.

But, to find out the root of the problem, and to work towards fixing it, that would take a high level of organization, cooperation, and trust across family lines.
Seyda

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:44 pm

Don't guess. You look stupid.
Alex Ayres

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Seyda wrote:
You are clearly showing that you simply were not here in the "glory days,"
Alex Ayres wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:07 am
And if the "here" you are referring to is the city, I've been "here" since 2005. When were the "glory days"?
Seyda wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:44 pm
Don't guess. You look stupid.

A case of "do as I say, not as I do," I suppose?

Have a good afternoon, Seyda.