What we celebrate

Here is where you can grab the latest pieces from your favorite opinion writers. Anonymous submissions are posted here as well.
Alex Ayres
OOC: Alessio
IGN: AlexAyres
Lineage: LoL

Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:57 am

This is a good idea.

You should just start the thread on your own in Vampire Interests. If people want to post when they got fully powered there they can, if not, they won't, and it's just an empty thread.

Worth a shot though. All you can do is put it out there.

Good luck.
Batrisha
OOC: Rachel
IGN: Batrisha

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:21 am

xGabriel wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:17 pm
I see where Daly is coming from with his option. Powers SHOULD be something a fledgling gets. However, the completion of powers should be celebrated. Depending on resources powers can take MONTHS, sometimes years for the unmotivated few. That hard work should be acknowledged. Maybe not in a 'oh hey this so and so got their powers' but something maybe celebrated quarterly. Almost, as Greyce suggested, like a graduation.

Hell, mortals still put 'congratulations class of blah blah year' in papers, radio ads, and those LED signs at gas stations.

Now, if powering isn't worth celebrating lineage celebrations. Oh, did you clan gain a new member? Did they pass what ever task was placed before them so they could be named under you lineage? Congrats. We can celebrate that maybe.
I think it's a fair idea. I mean, getting powers is more effort than getting a Sire if we're honest, isn't it? Shame it seems some people want to take away from that special moment though when all that work is done...
Give in to temptation, take your time I'll be patient.
Sunday-Go
IGN: Sunday-Go

Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:35 am

okkkk but i celebrated getting fp by getting my ass kicked by petite prince

it was pretty fun
Alphadragon
OOC: Pauly
IGN: Alpha Dragon
Lineage: Basarab

Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:10 pm

few yeps, few nos.

debate can continue, but ive also done a thing:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

Usher the spite seething Draconist
And commit this world to thy ancient sovereignty

:twisted: Banner by Batrisha :evil:
]
DeagenConnor
OOC: Dart
IGN: Deagen+Connor

Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:49 pm

I say yes.
AdaMaS
IGN: AdaMaS
Lineage: Mahorela
Graphic Artist: Mandolin

Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:54 am

...I'm losing faith in my fellow undead. Where once we had a society of individuals striving to become hardened warriors, thieves and intelligence operatives.. now are Instagram models and bloggers.

Let the lineage celebrate such an achievement. Too many are becoming dependent on pats on the back from the media.
Damia
OOC: Mia
IGN: Damia Morgan

Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:07 pm

I think perhaps private parties in a family area is appropriate, but a city wide event? As much as I advocate for younger vampires, I think powers are an expected part of growth within this city and should be treated a bit more seriously. However this is just my opinion.
Daly wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:04 pm
Sounds great. Congratulations on what you're supposed to do. Please, take this participation trophy and wait for me to pat you on the head the next time you feed on blood to survive.
On a side note, as I get reacquainted with the city again I am glad to see you have not changed. I have missed your refreshing personality!
-Trash Filled Elegance-

This Bish
drew
IGN: drewbeary
Lineage: Morais

Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:49 pm

Daly wrote:
Sounds great. Congratulations on what you're supposed to do. Please, take this participation trophy and wait for me to pat you on the head the next time you feed on blood to survive.
I'm feeling this 110%.
Daly
IGN: Daly
Clan: The House of Silence
Lineage: O'Collin

Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:21 pm

Damia wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:07 pm

Daly wrote:
On a side note, as I get reacquainted with the city again I am glad to see you have not changed. I have missed your refreshing personality!

Can't fix what aint broken! Long time, Damia. Glad to see your face again.
Jenny | The House of Silence.
.Husband.Brother.Sire.Outlaw.

King of Silence.
Alluvial
IGN: Alluvial
Lineage: De'Venois
Graphic Artist: Liski

Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:11 pm

Ah the delusions of grandeur narcissism. Just being is not something worthy of recognition, if you want recognition carve it out of the flesh of this city. Bindings are like the humans engagement notices, no one generally cares unless they actually know the parties involved. As for severings being newsworthy I tend to think not, not my business, this has always intrigued me as severing more than binding is personal and should be even more so kept in house. I concur AdaMaS, the current state of the cities populace in general, is wanting.