Tea Time 1: The ties that bind us...

Here is where you can grab the latest pieces from your favorite opinion writers. Anonymous submissions are posted here as well.
Damia
OOC: Mia
IGN: Damia Morgan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:00 pm

Happy St. Patricks day to all the citizens of ravenblack.

Being as it is a fond holiday of sorts for many of us, I thought to start out with something for all to think about. It will be a bit of short piece, and I welcome all feedback.

The ties that bind us in this city. Some will say blood and others will assume I mean those of family or love. Others might point to ties that are made from fighting in the trenches with that one family that clearly deserve it! ;)

However I submit you are all wrong. Alcohol is what binds many of us together. Or at least starts quite a few of the binding beginnings in this city.

Yes love, blood and a shared state of immortality might have brought many of us together, but where exactly did many of these ties begin?

In the local ravenblack taverns, now yes perhaps several of you have met at these lovely online newspaper areas. But where did the idea for these local papers?

The ravenblack city bars. Many of us bumbled around them for years, running into this vampire and that starfish (I do quite miss him?..it? I don't know but I miss that starfish!) chatting, having the usual drama's and such play out. One drink here and several drinks there, volia you had several vampires who didn't know each other, speaking on different topics, getting to know that random stranger you had seen several times but never really chatted with .

Now yes, alcohol doesn't affect many of us, so why am I using it as a tie that binds us all?

The very reason stated. Many of us do not need this item, it doesn't give us the buzz it once used to before when we were human. So why is it a staple of many of the taverns in where we met those we now care for, disagree with, have sired or fallen in love with?

Because it is our excuse to create those ties that keep us centered during those crazier times of this city. To get to know that one person we saw from afar, but could not think of a way to introduce ourselves.

I would even be willing to bet that few of us have ties that started outside of our local tavern or party.

Yes this is a semi serious, and semi in fun post, for you to consider, but I thought it interesting to bring it up, for as I considered my own blood ties and those I care about, I realized I had met many of them in my first days of Archangel running around from tavern to tavern, getting quite delightfully buzzed as I found shops and guilds for my former clan mates.

Once again, I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday and aren't too bored by my musings.
-Trash Filled Elegance-

This Bish
Azara
IGN: Azara

Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:51 am

You're on to something, here! Drinks bring people together cause we want to be together, not cause we actually get anything out of it.