Tea Time 3: Teas and Bulbs

Here is where you can grab the latest pieces from your favorite opinion writers. Anonymous submissions are posted here as well.
Damia
OOC: Mia
IGN: Damia Morgan

Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:35 pm

An interesting fact to consider. In the English language, Tea is considered the feminine word, and bulb as it relates to flowering bulbs for tea is considered the masculine version.

Does this have a point you might ask? Well yes, and I promise I won't ramble on too much but I felt that this topic of Gender and insults, seemed to be one that I wanted to throw more then my two cents in on.

I can understand any number of reasons to not like a vampire in this city. Perhaps they talk to much, fight to much, make love to much, so on and so forth. But Gender seems to be the most feeble excuse there is to make a stab at someone.

example: Oh how dare that person transition from male to female...because change is scary and I (being the small minded individual who is doing this insulting in this example) am scared of that change? Because evidently this transition is so shocking to myself that I must comment and make them feel bad for daring to change who they are for whatever reason they have?

How rude. Not to mention. How childish. And I mean that in the literal vampire child sense.

For us to become vampires, (and I apologize to the other species for not knowing how their change works in order to use them as examples) our bodies have to DIE (in most cases, I hear their are exceptions and I am not remarking on those) in order for us to make the change.

One moment, we have a living body with all functioning organs. The next we have a dead body that is stuck at the age it died at and can no longer grow. We lose several big parts of ourselves, and many young vampires (including myself once upon a time) become focused predators for the first years before reforming attachments, knowledge of who we were and the bits of humanity we still cling to in order to move about a society.

So I hope you see where I am going. To insult someone's gender change because its such a "shock" or because somehow it is such a great change from who they were is not only ridiculous but so minuet compared to what we first deal with in our change from human to vampire that it seems quite petty to use it as a thing to judge someone on.

And yes, I know all of us in this city can cast the judgement stones around for the silliest of reasons. But I feel quite strongly that to throw those stones in commentary on someone needing to find out how to make pieces of their soul work in their body, is either the work of childish thought or some sort of wrongful jealousy that you yourself didn't think of it first.

Whatever the motive behind such insults, I think that self reflection can be done at anytime, and perhaps your moment is now.

On a side note I will admit I missed the original insult, because I have only been back shortly and did not know the story. I'll also leave an author note, that if the original comment was not meant as an insult, well evidently several disagree with you and perhaps you should clarify it for those who felt quite strongly that it was.

As always these are just a few tea time thoughts and I hope you all have a wonderful evening.
-Trash Filled Elegance-

This Bish
Trinket
IGN: Trinket

Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:01 pm

You know what, that made sense to me. I was close to someone a long long long time ago and then I went away and then came back and they weren't a boy no more and was a girl. They was the same person on the inside, mostly. And I say mostly because we all change as time goes on. But it shocked me, it really did. I wasn't mean to them, but it took me time to adjust to them being different than they were when I left.

I remember after I was turned into this me, when I would go home and be with my foster siblings, I was different to them. To me, I was the same, but to them, I was something else, and it took them a while to adjust to me. So I get what you're saying.

Thanks Damia!
Damia

Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:11 pm

Trinket wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:01 pm
You know what, that made sense to me. I was close to someone a long long long time ago and then I went away and then came back and they weren't a boy no more and was a girl. They was the same person on the inside, mostly. And I say mostly because we all change as time goes on. But it shocked me, it really did. I wasn't mean to them, but it took me time to adjust to them being different than they were when I left.

I remember after I was turned into this me, when I would go home and be with my foster siblings, I was different to them. To me, I was the same, but to them, I was something else, and it took them a while to adjust to me. So I get what you're saying.

Thanks Damia!
I think we all have those moments. Where we come upon a step stone of change whether in family, friends or general society change. To consider it and think it over I believe is the wisest course. In fact taking time to adjust before reacting can be quite healthy.

But I then I knew you were quite the wise one trinket. You are welcome, though I don't think I deserve thanks, I simply felt I had to put a few thoughts down on the subject.
-Trash Filled Elegance-

This Bish
Amaya_Shannis
OOC: Brandi
IGN: Amaya_Shannis
Clan: Ferryman
Lineage: O'Reilly/Pacherontis

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:10 pm

One of my first friends in this city was a guy who was born female. Trav was sweet and kind and thoughtful and a king among the men of the time. Never bothered me that his body didn't match his mind.
But I'm not fading
No one can save me

NightWatch Guardian
Pub Manager, The Guardian's Outpost
Ferrymen
Julia
IGN: Julia
Lineage: Pacherontis
Graphic Artist: Rhaeya

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:23 pm

Personally, I don't give a shit about who is what gender, so long as they are happy with themselves. It is no one's right to fight against their choices.
Another great article Damia, I'm glad to see you awake.
a morte e a ritorno | I fell asleep cradled by my melancholy.
Oberon
OOC: Cia
IGN: Taltos Oberon
Lineage: Schiaraffa
Graphic Artist: Deen

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:40 pm

Julia wrote:
Personally, I don't give a shit about who is what gender, so long as they are happy with themselves. It is no one's right to fight against their choices.
This.
Gender doesn't add to a person's character.
|MAHORELA-AMANDINE|
|SCHIARAFFA|
Damia

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:42 pm

Amaya_Shannis wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:10 pm
One of my first friends in this city was a guy who was born female. Trav was sweet and kind and thoughtful and a king among the men of the time. Never bothered me that his body didn't match his mind.
Exactly. I've known a few people over my time in this city who have needed to redefine themselves, and while it might unsettling at first, it simply takes time to get to know the new and better version they are working on.
Julia wrote:
Quite right. And thank you Julia, I am glad to see you around as well. As I said, we have so much to fight and judge on in this city, perhaps this whole subject should be dropped permanently off that list.
Oberon wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:40 pm

This.
Gender doesn't add to a person's character.
Again I quite agree. It is simply one more aspect of that person. Like their eye color.
-Trash Filled Elegance-

This Bish
Nemesis
IGN: Nemesis
Lineage: Cuan

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:54 pm

Very nicely written Damia.
** Disasterpiece **
** VooDoo Queen **
Ezra
OOC: Micah
IGN: Ezra
Lineage: de Draak

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:52 pm

I obviously support this opinion. ;) Cheers!
laeti vescimur nos subacturis
A N D E R S — f a m i l i a . s u p r a . o m n i a — V E X I A N
CHARACTER SHEET
Lyrene
OOC: Jem
IGN: Sabrene
Lineage: Wilde
Graphic Artist: Anders

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:54 am

I love reading your words as always, Damia twin.
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her away she adjusted her crown and kept
walking

NightWatch