Debate - The Ravenblack City Awards

Here is where you can grab the latest pieces from your favorite opinion writers. Anonymous submissions are posted here as well.
Vulture
OOC: Zuul
IGN: Vulture
Lineage: Corvidae

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Sad, really.
CATHARTIDAE
Narcisssa
IGN: Narcisssa
Lineage: ...
Graphic Artist: Mandolin!

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:08 pm

Alex Ayres wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:00 pm
Liander wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:20 pm

Fall From Grace

This category irks me, as it's nothing more than mean-spirited...
Liander wrote:

Drama King/Queen

I voted for Seyda...Constant public tantrums, incessant nitpicking in papers, and blathering tomes disguised as articles might stand to seal the deal for her this year. Congratulations.
LMAO. Did you forget from the first award to the last that you were pretending to uphold a standard of chivalry and moral high-ground? What'd that take, 15 minutes?

At least Seyda's articles are disguised as something. Your writing is openly a hypocrisy fueled trashcan fire.
Again. Aren’t you supposed to be resting?
Koz
Vetras
IGN: Vetras

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:10 pm

Tidbit: The more you talk, the more you give away, peaches.

The Awards themselves have never been more than a popularity contest. The more you open your mouth, the more the likelihood is that you'd get nommed for something and voted for - i.e. Vetras for Mrs Social (.. ha) and Firecracker (double ha).
᛫ R.I.P 06/12/2020 ᛫
Vulture
OOC: Zuul
IGN: Vulture
Lineage: Corvidae

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:12 pm

I think he'd be labelled as Seyda and Pea's fall from grace.
CATHARTIDAE
Katelyn
IGN: Katelyn
Lineage: MacKay

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:46 pm

Alex Ayres wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:00 pm
Liander wrote:

Fall From Grace

This category irks me, as it's nothing more than mean-spirited...
Liander wrote:

Drama King/Queen

I voted for Seyda...Constant public tantrums, incessant nitpicking in papers, and blathering tomes disguised as articles might stand to seal the deal for her this year. Congratulations.
LMAO. Did you forget from the first award to the last that you were pretending to uphold a standard of chivalry and moral high-ground? What'd that take, 15 minutes?

At least Seyda's articles are disguised as something. Your writing is openly a hypocrisy fueled trashcan fire.

Take it as what you will, his writing is brutally honest and open. He doesn't try to hide shit, and doesn't try to make himself seem clever by weaving pretty words, then saying 'oh wait, you must be confused because you're uneducated and I talked over you'.

Bitch, please. Ain't nobody fooled by any of it, from either of you. But goddamn at least he doesn't try to hide all of his mistakes and his bullshit. Obviously he sees a difference in the direction the two awards take. Or maybe you're reading into it. WHO KNOWS ;]

Beeteedubs, you're '15 minutes' bit? Cute. No, really. What's it take you? Fifteen minutes to break your chivalry, or just a girl saying 'no'? Keep pretending you're so much better than this city and the grime in it. Chicks dig it.

Say, how's that torpor treating you? Apparently pretty fucking good, eh?

▲ dog is a dog, blood's thicker than water ▲
▼ we done been through the mud and we quicker to slaughter ▼
Inu
OOC: Candace
IGN: Inu
Lineage: de Draak

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:54 am

ophelia wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:37 pm

ETA: As for things being 'mean-spirited' I have to question what city people have been residing in. Fly On the Wall anyone? RBC Rumor Mill? That's just to name only two publications and not even touching on individual articles and posts. We can all say this isn't how it should be- but it is how it's always been. We just see it more blatant these days- and it's often overlooked until you're an actual target of it [generalized you]
Just because that's the way it has been, doesn't mean that's the way it has to be going forward. We can and will strive to be better.
ᛋᛏᚨᚱᛚᛜ
Everly | Kat | Godric | Driret
familia supra omnia
ophelia
OOC: -
IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason
Graphic Artist: Greyce

Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 am

Inu wrote:
ophelia wrote:

ETA: As for things being 'mean-spirited' I have to question what city people have been residing in. Fly On the Wall anyone? RBC Rumor Mill? That's just to name only two publications and not even touching on individual articles and posts. We can all say this isn't how it should be- but it is how it's always been. We just see it more blatant these days- and it's often overlooked until you're an actual target of it [generalized you]
Just because that's the way it has been, doesn't mean that's the way it has to be going forward. We can and will strive to be better.
Well good. Glad to see you on board, finally.
Daly
IGN: Daly
Clan: The House of Silence
Lineage: O'Collin

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:25 am

ophelia wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 am
Inu wrote:
ophelia wrote:

Well good. Glad to see you on board, finally.
Hey, have you moved yet? Or are we still hiding from contracts to talk shit in papers, taverns, and shadows? Asking for a friend.
Jenny | The House of Silence.
.Husband.Brother.Sire.Outlaw.

King of Silence.
Amaya_Shannis
OOC: Brandi
IGN: Amaya_Shannis
Clan: Ferryman
Lineage: O'Reilly/Pacherontis

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:53 am

We should start gathering up categories that we want to see for next year because the categories designed for humiliation need to go.

I, personally, would like to see something like 'City Greeter (Who Is Friendliest to Newbies)' or 'Tavern Clown (Always Good For A Laugh)'- which, yes, could be twisted to a negative, I know.
But I'm not fading
No one can save me

NightWatch Guardian
Pub Manager, The Guardian's Outpost
Ferrymen
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy
Lineage: de Draak

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:58 am

At the first awards shows the categories were a ruse for the real point. The point was to bring people together and get them to interact and have a memorable time one way or another. Things were pretty tense at the time between some major factions in the city who had been fighting and it was pretty divided between Caps, Shadow Court, and a few blossoming powers such as The Inner Circle and SIE (Sanctuary of Immortal Enlightenment? I was in it and I forget even...) The first awards show came together because I knew the flattering categories would appeal to certain folks and the mean awards would appeal to other folks and one way or another it was going to draw a mixed crowd. Year after year and varied host after host it still does it's job. We're drawn in and it's great in its own way for that one thing it gets right, if nothing else.

The one and only disappointment I have, personally, is when there isn't a whole flourishing event surrounding it. The first awards show had a red carpet event and each category read by someone different and the winner would accept it with a speech or whatever they wanted to do. We had special performances...Lucius did a weird song and dance with swans once I believe. I miss that. I like to see people in this city peacock. It's all a lot of work though and I give loads of credit to those that bear the load (for any city event)!

Good luck to all nominees. I love this event and I hope to see some really fantastic acceptance speeches!
|| de Draak ||