Debate - The Ravenblack City Awards

Here is where you can grab the latest pieces from your favorite opinion writers. Anonymous submissions are posted here as well.
Narcisssa
IGN: Narcisssa
Lineage: ...
Graphic Artist: Mandolin!

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:54 am

Alex Ayres wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:07 am
Liander wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:59 pm
As a rule, I do not like editorials, columns, or any other variety of opinion-based pieces. They are generally narcissistic entities with little purpose besides the proverbial stirring of a pot or fluffing one’s own ego.
In the last month, you've written two editorials, columns, or some variety of opinion-based piece.

Liander wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:45 pm
AlexAyres - I see you, kid. It's a long, uphill battle. There'll come good times and bad. You'll make some mistakes, but you'll also have some glorious, shining moments and they will be so fucking worth it. Keep on.
Liander wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:20 pm
Less Talk, More Action

While Oberon does possess the attitude of many bar fledges, in that he is rather elitist for someone who has never actually done anything and has yet to learn to keep his opinions to himself until such a time as he contributes to what he is commenting on, for the most part (emphasis here because I know this is not always true) he speaks intelligently and with something approaching dignity in himself - both of which are qualities AlexAyres lacks. Alex likes to talk quite a lot of shit and then whine when he's hit for it, which is why he has received my vote this year.
So keep on, or change my ways? I'm receiving mixed messages from you, Liander. A little help?

Maybe I don't speak intelligently, but at least I don't flip flop faster than a GOP Presidential Candidate.

Lastly,

You've now called me a misogynist twice, leading me to believe that you don't understand the meaning of the word.

Misogyny implies that I some how dislike women or hold them in contempt.

Calling Daly a cuckold is only a reflection on him. If anything, the comment is sex-negative and marginalizing of those who fetishize cuckoldry. It had nothing to do with any of the women in his life, and was a direct comment on Daly and his potential fetishes, no one and nothing else.

In fact, I intentionally marginalized the cuckold fetish community, targeting Daly, To show that a man can go around using language that is marginalizing to a community and would not be punished or publicly denounced because of who he is and who his friends/family are, while someone who is considered to be of less importance will be punished, publicly denounced, and ridiculed for marginalizing a community. To prove the point that as a whole the members of this city stand by no code, hold no ideal sacred, no idea worth fighting for, but rather their tolerance for foul language, deceit, betrayal, cheating, and hypocrisy sway and snap faster than a flag in a hurricane, and it just depends on who is doing what to who, not the "what" being done.

“No speech is ever considered, but only the speaker. It's so much easier to pass judgement on a man than on an idea.”

And before you bring up what I said about Josephine, that was not dislike or contempt against a woman, that was dislike for a person who tried to destroy something sacred to me, and another person who betrayed me and lied to me on more than one occasion over the span of a week. They just happened to be married, and the one who I did that particular act to happened to be a woman.

But, I agree. Aziza and Co's (I wonder how Fen would feel about you calling him a woman) zeroing of me was definitely the better zeroing of me this year. Someone who marginalizes a group of people should be punished for ignorant and divisive language. Was it the best zeroing of 2017? I have no idea. There were 15 kills according to this paper, since October, leaving out every one that happened before October (an entire 9 months worth of kills). I would have to go through every one, know the blood counts, how long it took, and the reasoning behind the kill to make that kind of decision and I don't think senseless violence deserves that kind of attention.

But, as always, wonderful read, Liander. Your words are inspirational, the light of my life, unbiased, and clearly well thought out. Keep up the good work!
I could have sworn you said you were taking Torpor? Does it mean something different these days?
Koz
KainsSon
OOC: Brandon
IGN: Kains Son
Graphic Artist: Dawn/Dani

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:13 pm

If I voted for peacek's PR machine does that mean I voted that Alex had the best defensive maneuvers?
Sire of Two | Lyric's Beloved
The devil is in the details.
Vulture
OOC: Zuul
IGN: Vulture
Lineage: Corvidae

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:20 pm

Unfortunately, I think so.
CATHARTIDAE
FenReiss
OOC: Cody
IGN: Fen Reiss
Lineage: Fueri

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:03 pm

I like dick... Im just saying I like Gir more than dick. So being called a woman is no sweat off my brow.
Fen Fueri-Reiss
Gir
OOC: C
IGN: Gir
Lineage: Fueri-Reiss

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:57 pm

FenReiss wrote:
I like dick... Im just saying I like Gir more than dick. So being called a woman is no sweat off my brow.
I'ma call this a win and move on with my day.
Fen's Goddess - House of Fueri - Sire of Nine
I was told that I was nothing. Yeah, I was told that I was so…
KainsSon
OOC: Brandon
IGN: Kains Son
Graphic Artist: Dawn/Dani

Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:01 pm

Gir wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:57 pm
FenReiss wrote:
I'ma call this a win and move on with my day.
I'm glad you can translate that.
Sire of Two | Lyric's Beloved
The devil is in the details.
Josephine
IGN: Josephine
Lineage: Cartigan
Graphic Artist: Assorted

Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:41 pm

Dea wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:28 pm
Hmm...that could be entertaining.. >.>
We would need to decide on team mascots..and colors.. Could be fun though. If Buffy could do it so can we.
~ Pulse's Eternity ~
Silver Argent | Kamala | Satsuki | Nattie | All the Pretty Ponies
Alex Ayres
OOC: Alessio
IGN: AlexAyres
Lineage: LoL

Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:08 pm

FenReiss wrote:
No longer wondering how Fen would feel knowing Liander called him a woman. Thanks for clearing that up. =)
Daly
IGN: Daly
Clan: The House of Silence
Lineage: O'Collin

Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 pm

Alex Ayres wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:07 am
Liander wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:59 pm
As a rule, I do not like editorials, columns, or any other variety of opinion-based pieces. They are generally narcissistic entities with little purpose besides the proverbial stirring of a pot or fluffing one’s own ego.
In the last month, you've written two editorials, columns, or some variety of opinion-based piece.

Liander wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:45 pm
AlexAyres - I see you, kid. It's a long, uphill battle. There'll come good times and bad. You'll make some mistakes, but you'll also have some glorious, shining moments and they will be so fucking worth it. Keep on.
Liander wrote:
Less Talk, More Action

While Oberon does possess the attitude of many bar fledges, in that he is rather elitist for someone who has never actually done anything and has yet to learn to keep his opinions to himself until such a time as he contributes to what he is commenting on, for the most part (emphasis here because I know this is not always true) he speaks intelligently and with something approaching dignity in himself - both of which are qualities AlexAyres lacks. Alex likes to talk quite a lot of shit and then whine when he's hit for it, which is why he has received my vote this year.
So keep on, or change my ways? I'm receiving mixed messages from you, Liander. A little help?

Maybe I don't speak intelligently, but at least I don't flip flop faster than a GOP Presidential Candidate.

Lastly,

You've now called me a misogynist twice, leading me to believe that you don't understand the meaning of the word.

Misogyny implies that I some how dislike women or hold them in contempt.

Calling Daly a cuckold is only a reflection on him. If anything, the comment is sex-negative and marginalizing of those who fetishize cuckoldry. It had nothing to do with any of the women in his life, and was a direct comment on Daly and his potential fetishes, no one and nothing else.

In fact, I intentionally marginalized the cuckold fetish community, targeting Daly, To show that a man can go around using language that is marginalizing to a community and would not be punished or publicly denounced because of who he is and who his friends/family are, while someone who is considered to be of less importance will be punished, publicly denounced, and ridiculed for marginalizing a community. To prove the point that as a whole the members of this city stand by no code, hold no ideal sacred, no idea worth fighting for, but rather their tolerance for foul language, deceit, betrayal, cheating, and hypocrisy sway and snap faster than a flag in a hurricane, and it just depends on who is doing what to who, not the "what" being done.

“No speech is ever considered, but only the speaker. It's so much easier to pass judgement on a man than on an idea.”

And before you bring up what I said about Josephine, that was not dislike or contempt against a woman, that was dislike for a person who tried to destroy something sacred to me, and another person who betrayed me and lied to me on more than one occasion over the span of a week. They just happened to be married, and the one who I did that particular act to happened to be a woman.

But, I agree. Aziza and Co's (I wonder how Fen would feel about you calling him a woman) zeroing of me was definitely the better zeroing of me this year. Someone who marginalizes a group of people should be punished for ignorant and divisive language. Was it the best zeroing of 2017? I have no idea. There were 15 kills according to this paper, since October, leaving out every one that happened before October (an entire 9 months worth of kills). I would have to go through every one, know the blood counts, how long it took, and the reasoning behind the kill to make that kind of decision and I don't think senseless violence deserves that kind of attention.

But, as always, wonderful read, Liander. Your words are inspirational, the light of my life, unbiased, and clearly well thought out. Keep up the good work!
I think Liander is right. One day you will shine. And then you'll wake up.

Jenny | The House of Silence.
.Husband.Brother.Sire.Outlaw.

King of Silence.
Alex Ayres
OOC: Alessio
IGN: AlexAyres
Lineage: LoL

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:00 pm

Liander wrote:

Fall From Grace

This category irks me, as it's nothing more than mean-spirited...
Liander wrote:

Drama King/Queen

I voted for Seyda...Constant public tantrums, incessant nitpicking in papers, and blathering tomes disguised as articles might stand to seal the deal for her this year. Congratulations.
LMAO. Did you forget from the first award to the last that you were pretending to uphold a standard of chivalry and moral high-ground? What'd that take, 15 minutes?

At least Seyda's articles are disguised as something. Your writing is openly a hypocrisy fueled trashcan fire.