Lineage and Lines

Here is where you can grab the latest pieces from your favorite opinion writers. Anonymous submissions are posted here as well.
Josephine
IGN: Josephine
Lineage: Cartigan
Graphic Artist: Assorted

Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:37 pm

Kamala wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:26 pm

I'm calling my mom to let her know I joined my first gang. I think she's going to be so proud!!

So proud of you baby girl... Now time to get your colors on. How exactly does one flash cow signs?
~ Pulse's Eternity ~
Silver Argent | Kamala | Satsuki | Nattie | All the Pretty Ponies
Ezra
OOC: Micah
IGN: Ezra
Lineage: de Draak

Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:16 pm

Reminder that this is in the "Current Events" section, and thus all posts should remain on the particular topic at hand (current lineages), and should not be derivative banter.

de Draak is Vex's lineage. It was established officially in 2015.
laeti vescimur nos subacturis
A N D E R S — f a m i l i a . s u p r a . o m n i a — V E X I A N
CHARACTER SHEET
Airey
OOC: Rini
IGN: Airey
Lineage: Aydolette de Novek
Graphic Artist: MEGNIFICENT

Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:52 pm

Ezra wrote:
Reminder that this is in the "Current Events" section, and thus all posts should remain on the particular topic at hand (current lineages), and should not be derivative banter.

Reminder; this is my thread.
So i'll decide what's derivative in the context of this conversation.
And considering Alex brought up the fact that all lines should be considered gangs; and the Cartigan mascot is a cow; your little footnote and assertion of "rules" is more derivative than theirs. They're simply responding to the news that they can be considered a gang; had you let your ego abide it, it would have just been their posts: now it's a thing.

But thank you for the one line oh so enlightening comment about the de Draak line and it's founding that was just thrown in to make your comment less inconsequential.
Ask Airey
"Look both ways, before you cross me, I tell you "
"Look both ways, 'cause if you cross me, I'll kill you"
Fabi | Gucci Gang | Blood Gang
Ezra
OOC: Micah
IGN: Ezra

Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:03 pm

Airey wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:52 pm
Ezra wrote:

Reminder; this is my thread.
So i'll decide what's derivative in the context of this conversation.
And considering Alex brought up the fact that all lines should be considered gangs; and the Cartigan mascot is a cow; your little footnote and assertion of "rules" is more derivative than theirs. They're simply responding to the news that they can be considered a gang; had you let your ego abide it, it would have just been their posts: now it's a thing.

But thank you for the one line oh so enlightening comment about the de Draak line and it's founding that was just thrown in to make your comment less inconsequential.
Actually, you are correct! I initially thought you'd posted this in "News & Reports", and I think this is a very interesting, valid topic, so wanted to keep it specifically on lineages, but I was mistaken about the location. Since this is in "Editorials," posts are pretty free-reign. I'm sorry about the mistake (I suppose I got some HW in the eyes, ouch), but I hope the conversation around newer vs older lineages continues, as I agree many new lineages have cropped up in the last few years.

If you'd like more information on de Draak, I'm happy to provide. It is led by Vex and myself, and we've been a part of two wars thus far: The Alliance vs D'dary in March 2016, and now against din Kolesi. We're a fairly small group, and our family motto is "Familia supra omnia," or "Family over all." If you have any more questions, Vex or myself are happy to answer.
laeti vescimur nos subacturis
A N D E R S — f a m i l i a . s u p r a . o m n i a — V E X I A N
CHARACTER SHEET
Daly
IGN: Daly
Clan: The House of Silence
Lineage: O'Collin

Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:38 pm

Ezra wrote:
our family motto is "Familia supra omnia," or "Family over all." If you have any more questions, Vex or myself are happy to answer.
Where was this motto when Jenny needed it? Family over all? Or family for those who only subject to your agenda. Don't put my lineage's name in your disgusting mouth via words or typing it in a news forum ever again.

din Kolesi is my home, Airey. And we are not at war with anyone. We are simply protecting our own. Don't let ^ that pile of bullshit let you think differently.
Jenny | The House of Silence.
.Husband.Brother.Sire.Outlaw.

King of Silence.
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy

Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:01 pm

Alex Ayres wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:42 pm
Some nonsense that he pulled out of his butt and tricked me into reading.
I agree that taking on the term lineage just by slapping some vampire blood together in a shop is not entirely true to implications of family. I do not agree that it can be likened across the board to gangs and general chest pounding without substance. If anything, in my opinion, a lineage fits somewhere in the Autocracy or Oligarchy lifestyle and we're all just different countries fighting on the same planet for power and resources. Our immortal lives are basically Axis and Allies: There's a lot going on, nobody really understands the rules, everything takes forever, I've never played the game because wouldyajustlookatit, Agrippa is USA and we fight for freedom fries, why do sweet pickles exist, do you smell toast too?

I'm sorry about that last part. I used up way to much brain power trying to make smart words in that first half of my comment. I over heated.

Did somebody already mention the soup family?
|| de Draak ||
Gypsy
OOC: Kathy
IGN: Gypsy

Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:05 pm

Alex Ayres wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:42 pm
Interesting things about line and lineages:

http://tarrant.tx.networkofcare.org/ps/ ... px?id=1805

Most exhibit 5 out of 6 signs of gang mentality and behavior, but as this organization states:

"These particular behaviors are not displayed all the time. Collectively, these behaviors build the gang mentality."

Probably should start calling these storied, refined, respectable "lineages" what they actually are.

A few highlights:

"Gangs normally project an arrogant and defiant attitude in an attempt to intimidate others, especially in a public place and while in the presence of other gang members. Attitude is displayed when an impression can be made, to create fear and intimidate others. Attitude helps enhance the individual gang member’s reputation and, in turn, helps create the gang’s reputation within the community. Most gang members are opportunists who take advantage of a situation that will allow them to enhance their reputation."

"Gang members have a misguided sense that the gang they belong to and they themselves lose respect if any insult goes unanswered. This belief causes gangs to respond, often violently, to minor incidents."

"If a member of a gang is attacked, the gang responds, usually in an escalated manner. An attack on an individual gang member is viewed as an attack on the entire gang. The attack itself is a form of insult and the street gang mentality is that no insult goes unanswered. Retaliation attacks can cause a cycle of violence to develop between gangs."

On a related note, cities with high levels of gang activity are undesirable cities to visit and/or live in. Generally, they become impoverished and struggle to exist.

Oh! Don't forget Wolfe. I think they're still a lineage, closely related to St. John.
You like know we live in RavenBlack.....it' a hell hole....this surprises you how?
FAMILIA SUPRA OMNIA
de Draak
Just keep loving me; I'll keep loving you and the rest will fall into place.
Oberon
OOC: Cia
IGN: Taltos Oberon
Lineage: Schiaraffa
Graphic Artist: Deen

Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:13 pm

Daly wrote:

Where was this motto when Jenny needed it? Family over all?
Boy, we better be careful where we step, or we could trip over all the names you're pointlessly dropping.
Daly wrote:
Don't put my lineage's name in your disgusting mouth via words or typing it in a news forum ever again.
How about your boy shuts the fuck up about Ezra and it goes both way, hm? Or how about you fight us for that right? - Oh wait.
Daly wrote:
And we are not at war with anyone. We are simply protecting our own.
Is this your official surrender, then? 'Cause if so, hand us Orion and we can all go back happily to pretend the other doesn't exist.

Run along, now. Or actually hit us for the first time in four days and do something about it.
|MAHORELA-AMANDINE|
|SCHIARAFFA|
Alex Ayres
OOC: Alessio
IGN: AlexAyres
Lineage: LoL

Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:19 pm

When you say most and it becomes all. :roll:

Also, I was under the impression this was the Cartigan gang sign:

I need to get out more.

I found this thread kind of helpful, by the way! I don't know how relevant it is anymore. But it was a good introduction:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=356
Xedanis
OOC: None
IGN: None
Clan: None
Lineage: None
Graphic Artist: None

Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:32 pm

Well then. This happened.

I am Xed the Pirate, and you should know who I am, Airey love, you scary-lovely screaming mad tart. (love you).

I is the patriarch of Sykonra.

We are a bunch of maniacs.

We all like swords, and music, and minding our own business.

Carry on.