Food for Thought

Here is where you can grab the latest pieces from your favorite opinion writers. Anonymous submissions are posted here as well.
Pulse
OOC: David
IGN: Pulse

Tue May 22, 2018 10:04 pm

Can you like... fit the formatting so people can actually read this?
Josephine's Passion
Image Image
Alex Ayres
OOC: Alessio
IGN: AlexAyres
Lineage: LoL

Tue May 22, 2018 10:07 pm

CordaTacita wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:51 pm
Jessie, Alex, did either of you even read it?

(Sorry about the format I used notepad for it)
Corda, and I apologize if this is not what you go by, I read the whole thing.

And I thought to myself basically the entire latter half of Jessie's comment. I don't at all agree with the first half of her comment.

But a message like this is not effective when you have been seen countless times doing the very thing you are asking others not to do. Another saying:

"Actions speak louder than words."

Which brings me to my statement after the GIF. I hope that writing this was your way of saying "I know that I have erred in the past, but going forward, I intend to follow these very guidelines I have set forth for you all to follow." Otherwise, your words are empty.

And if that is what you're saying, I would put it in your piece.
CordaTacita
OOC: Tristian
IGN: Corda Tacita
Clan: Sonvar
Lineage: Fallen-Tazio

Tue May 22, 2018 10:14 pm

Ughhh this post makes me so angry, let me share it with my friends. Wait! Before you post that let me ask you something. If you don't like something, why are you giving it so much air time like you're getting paid to promote it

Now we all know people talk n here talking crap on something or someone, yet they are spreading the message they don't like much further and more actively then the people they don't like

Has it occurred to you that just maybe you are strengthening the negative forces. Keeping them alive the more you promote them? okay you call it spreading awareness but see awareness can be spread in many ways, not just one the ruins someone else's day or doesn't offer a positive solution

I'm going to tell you something I learned a long time ago, there is a lot of violence in the world, it has been like that for a very long time but the best thing you can do in the face of that is be happy Be happy and spread the love

See this is why every person is crucial to change this world because when things happen or you see something and you become angry and you become negative. What you have done is increased the amount of anger and negativity in the world You've added more fire to the flames

See there was already one tragedy then you got upset now there's two Then you went and replied to it Now there is hundreds and pretty soon the whole world is pissed off see because what you're really saying is this

An injustice has been done so now I'm going to punish myself, By raising my blood pressure, Loosing sleep and arguing about it.

It is through inspiration, hope and love that we move the masses and make change not doom, gloom and negativity so if you really want to do something for the the world be happy and spread the love doesn't mean you have to stop spreading awareness.

We need awareness but let it be from the ground of understanding and love not anger there's a very old saying when you water the weeds it's the weeds that grow but when you water the flowers it's the flowers that grow, What are you watering?

(Hoping that's a better format)
Tazio forever. You will forever be loved and missed
♡Tyson☆Nar♡Damia☆Drayden♡
Alex Ayres

Tue May 22, 2018 10:17 pm

Also, as you can see, you posted a piece asking people to be kind to one another, and the responses you got were people sarcastically making fun of your formatting.

This is the city you live in. There is no such thing as kindness. There is only war, hypocrisy, sarcasm, passive-aggressiveness, selfies, and a constant search for the perfect meme or gif.

Speaking of:

Dea
IGN: Dea di Luna
Lineage: Mahorela
Graphic Artist: Harv!

Tue May 22, 2018 10:32 pm

Responding with “but see newsflash” negates the entire message.

Do unto others and all.
Mahorela | Flesh of His Flesh
Guillemot
IGN: Guillemot
Graphic Artist: Lyric

Tue May 22, 2018 10:34 pm

Dea wrote:

Do unto others and all.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Also saying that you don't care what others say/think hollows the words you're trying to convey.
Mirra
IGN: Mirra

Tue May 22, 2018 10:36 pm

Dea wrote:

Do unto others and all.
DANNY | NATHAN | SCOOTER | WESLEY
Itami
OOC: Romi
IGN: Kurayami Itami

Tue May 22, 2018 10:39 pm

CordaTacita wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:14 pm
(Hoping that's a better format)
It most certainly isn't. I'm also not sure why you'd bother to post the same drivel again rather than simply edit, but by the time you offer an explanation, I'll have stopped caring.
Alex Ayres

Tue May 22, 2018 10:40 pm

Guillemot wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:34 pm
Dea wrote:

Do unto others and all.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Also saying that you don't care what others say/think hollows the words you're trying to convey.
Looks like Corda agreed as well.
Ezra
OOC: Micah
IGN: Ezra
Lineage: de Draak

Tue May 22, 2018 10:42 pm

I understand the point (I think), and I agree. I just disagree that making a post that comes across as preachy and perhaps condescending, having a history of the same abuses, leads people to the conclusion you wanted here, Corda. As everyone else said, lead by example. Your actions speak much louder than your words, and I guarantee none of them will get lost in translation.
laeti vescimur nos subacturis
A N D E R S — f a m i l i a . s u p r a . o m n i a — V E X I A N
CHARACTER SHEET