Consensus Gentium Poll: Is there a benefit of having common gathering places frequented by diverse groups?

Debate forum for Consensus Gentium topics.

Moderator: Joy

Is there a benefit of having common gathering places frequented by diverse groups?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:21 pm

Yes, open communication between all citizens is the only way to forward our city.
47%
Yes, but those locations can be vituperative so we must also have our own guarded spaces.
41%
No, there is nothing wrong with people doing what they like with whom they like to best.
No votes
No, there is no common ground among diverse citizens to create true common gathering places.
12%
I do not think any of these answers are a good fit.
No votes

Total votes: 17
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy
Lineage: de Draak

Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:21 pm

This debate was the first posed topic that I personally had difficulty answering. The question touches on how unity affects us personally and as a whole. For some those two things are conflicting and tough choices have to be made, for others the choice is not difficulty at all.

I do believe these poll options take a difficult topic and divide it into the best options to represent the most views. Since there were no objections here they are now presented to you, the community, for a vote. This poll allows for one vote which can be changed at any time within the next three days until it ends. I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

As is with every consensus gentium discussion we acknowledge that the full scope of opinions and facts are impossible to attain, but dammit we try. Thank you again to everyone who is brave enough to have their voices heard in public. I know how daunting even that can be and I respect the fuck out of you.

Take care of yourself, take care of each other (if you wanna), and if you have a suggestion for a new topic you may either message me personally or submit them anonymously via the links below!

*Suggest a topic/question anonymously here: THE PLACE
**Submit an opinion anonymously here: THE OTHER PLACE
***Thank you again to Vex for helping to form this debate!
|| de Draak ||
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy
Lineage: de Draak

Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:23 pm

Nearly 90% of votes implied belief that the city benefits from having a common gathering place that we all hang around. It has been noted how things can’t change at all, let alone for the better unless we’re all interacting, though this requires putting yourself out there and outside of what is comfortable.

Gathering together seems to be something both widely desired and wholly difficult, but if you’re one of those who believe it worthwhile then I wish you luck. If you’re of the few who think the city has no business together, then I wish your own ventures luck as well. I’ll wish good things for anything that doesn’t kill this city, to be honest.

If you'd like to submit an idea for a new CG topic, that place is HERE.
|| de Draak ||