Consensus Gentium Poll: Is it good or bad to be open to influence?

Debate forum for Consensus Gentium topics.

Moderator: Joy

Is it good or bad to be open to influence?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:21 pm

Influence is good, always (even if it's something bad influencing you to do better).
3%
Influence is necessary to be a whole, social creature, but should be tempered by one's own internal moral compass and beliefs, whatever that may be. (Via Ezra)
80%
'Good and Bad' is a construct and to be influenced is to exist stunted by manipulation.
7%
I do not think any of these answers are a good fit.
10%

Total votes: 30
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy
Lineage: de Draak

Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:21 pm

The question was asked and answers have been given over the course of nearly 11 days. Some incredibly fantastic points were made by all sides (which can be read again HERE). While the arguments varied vastly in inspiration and advice, all comments tended to repeat a common theme between a few general opinions. It was my pleasure to read and absorb the guidance offered up in this conversation and my brain feels fuller for it.

Our current poll allows for anyone to vote on which of the opinions offered best matches what they believe to be the true answer to the question purposed. After three days the poll will be closed and a determination will be made.
|| de Draak ||
Ezra
OOC: Micah
IGN: Ezra

Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:02 pm

I win! 🤣 Just kidding. I loved the discussion and thought it was so fun and enlightening. This is a great idea, Joy!
♕ laeti vescimur nos subacturis ♕
A N D E R S — f a m i l i a . s u p r a . o m n i a — V E X I A N
CHARACTER SHEET
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy

Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:54 am

The question asked has been debated, hashed out, chewed on and tested. The people have processed all of it to come out with a successful Consensus Gentium. Our first social experiment, I would say, has been a great success with room for improvement (as all things are).

Is it good or bad to be open to influence? For RBC the answer is: "Influence is necessary to be a whole, social creature, but should be tempered by one's own internal moral compass and beliefs, whatever that may be." (via Ezra)

Our next topic, a submission, will be put forth soon! Until then: Be thoughtful, be vocal, be effectual.
|| de Draak ||