Consensus Gentium Debate: What is fully powered now?

Debate forum for Consensus Gentium topics.

Moderator: Joy

Quade
IGN: Quade

Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:58 am

is it just me or did the question kinda become which powers r most useful and which ones are pointless?

i dunno just think it depends on evry person. im guessin some peeps value certain powers hire thn others.

ur fully powered whn ur satisfied wit the power u have in my opinion. someone comes up to u n makes fun of u 4 not havin this power or that power n ur happy with the powers u got spit in there mouth. thy dont fuckin own u.
Proficimus More Irretenti
im a clown. like john wayne gacy.

-Signature Credit to KatieKat-
Ezra
OOC: Micah
IGN: Ezra
Lineage: de Draak

Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:06 am

Quade wrote:
is it just me or did the question kinda become which powers r most useful and which ones are pointless?
Well, because that’s always been the case in determining this IMO. No person considers someone without neutrality to not be fully powered. Similarly, it’s commonly accepted you can be considered fully powered without Locate 3, due to the use of Locate 2. Makes sense to me that discretion would continue with any new powers.
laeti vescimur nos subacturis
A N D E R S — f a m i l i a . s u p r a . o m n i a — V E X I A N
CHARACTER SHEET
Quade
IGN: Quade

Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:24 am

Ezra wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:06 am
Quade wrote:
Well, because that’s always been the case in determining this IMO. No person considers someone without neutrality to not be fully powered. Similarly, it’s commonly accepted you can be considered fully powered without Locate 3, due to the use of Locate 2. Makes sense to me that discretion would continue with any new powers.
jus seems like 2 diffrnt ?s

either way i dun see why its a city wide ? at all

who cares how powered someone is n wat they consider fully powered thats there business y is n e 1 else in it

my answer is still the same fully powered or most useful powers or watever the question

fully powered is watever u want it to be n the most useful powers r the ones u as a person use the most

the answer to this ? is different for everyone n everyone is rite. n if n e 1 tells u u rnt rite n there way is rite spit in there mouth cuz fuck them
Proficimus More Irretenti
im a clown. like john wayne gacy.

-Signature Credit to KatieKat-
Daly
IGN: Daly
Clan: The House of Silence
Lineage: O'Collin

Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:06 pm

Aziza wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:14 pm
Without Suction 2, Perception 2, Thrift, and Locate 3, I believe a person is still fully powered.
Jenny | The House of Silence.
.Husband.Brother.Sire.Outlaw.

King of Silence.
Daly
IGN: Daly
Clan: The House of Silence
Lineage: O'Collin

Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:09 pm

Quade wrote:

i dunno just think it depends on evry person. im guessin some peeps value certain powers hire thn others.

ur fully powered whn ur satisfied wit the power u have in my opinion. someone comes up to u n makes fun of u 4 not havin this power or that power n ur happy with the powers u got spit in there mouth. thy dont fuckin own u.
I some what agree with this. Having all the powers doesn't make you better than someone who doesn't, especially if those powers don't suit the needs of the individual.

Well put, ICP.
Jenny | The House of Silence.
.Husband.Brother.Sire.Outlaw.

King of Silence.
Batrisha
OOC: Rachel
IGN: Batrisha

Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:09 pm

Mag wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:54 pm
Ezra wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:40 am
TBH, I’d probably call someone with every power except Telepathy FP’d, too. It’s a dumb power.
You say that, until you're stuck on the loo without your phone and TP.
I love you. :lol:
Give in to temptation, take your time I'll be patient.
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy

Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:57 am

::::::: THE FINAL RECAP :::::::

I updated the totals based on the new information present tallied up votes in favor of each power. As far as I could see it shakes out like so:

Second-sight
Suction 1
Suction 2
Surprise
Perception 1
Perception 2
Thrift 1
Thrift 2
Thrift 3
Celerity 1
Celerity 2
Celerity 3
Stamina 1
Stamina 2
Stamina 3
Shadows 1
Shadows 2
Shadows 3
Thievery 1
Thievery 2
Thievery 3
Locate 1
Locate 2
Locate 3
Telepathy 1
Telepathy 2
Telepathy 3
Charisma 1
Charisma 2
Charisma 3
|||||
|||||
|||
|||||
|||||
||
||
||
||
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||
|||||

As Quade had mentioned, this did really turn into a 'what powers matter the most' question. That's because truly, and you may not agree, but when it comes down to it that's the hidden question behind the asked question: what is fully powered now?

It seems like this poll should be broken down into a list of all powers as you see above. Voters will have the ability to choose more than one answer, including choosing all powers as essential to being fully powered. And there you will have it, more or less.

If there is a wide marginal difference whereas a power gets say, what?, less than 10% as many votes as other powers we will call it for there being a consensus of that/those powers being inessential to being fully powered. If there isn't a wide margin, if it's a close race for all powers then we'll call it for the consensus being you gotta get 'em all.

Objections? Speak now because this is the 10th day and the poll must go up!

DON'T FORGET: You can submit your opinions anonymously if you would rather not put them out there yourself. Just follow this link: HERE.
|| de Draak ||
Vex
Editor
OOC: Lyssa
IGN: Vex
Graphic Artist: Megatron

Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:29 am

I'm a completionist, so personally catching them all is very important, but from a utilitarian perspective, Perception2 is utterly useless.
𒀭𒄊𒀕𒃲
In this twilight how dare you speak of grace

Character Sheet - - The Recovery Diaries
drew
IGN: drewbeary
Lineage: Morais

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:53 am

Vex wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:29 am
I'm a completionist, so personally catching them all is very important...
Aziza
IGN: Aziza Laredo
Lineage: Fueri
Graphic Artist: Tex / Ben

Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:50 pm

I say, as others have said, it depends on what the individual goal is. Some power combinations aren't as useful as others and these new powers put hundreds of people back in the 'underpowered' category and that just seems ridiculous because they're not that useful overall. For specific purposes, maybe.

I like the proposed poll set up. It's not bad.

But I will also say there are plenty of people that, depsite whatever happens with this poll, will stick to what they want as far as powers go and - consensus or not - will consider themselves fully-powered regardless of the outcome.

It's a nice thought, though, this thing.

And it was fun getting into the debate. Thank you, Joy, for your efforts. And I look forward to the poll.
Č I G O N A I ~ F U E R I
I AM THE QUEEN OF HEALING & MAGIC