Consensus Gentium Poll: Should we supernaturals be concerned with what and how we consume our nourishment?

Debate forum for Consensus Gentium topics.

Moderator: Joy

Should we supernaturals be concerned with what and how we consume our nourishment?

Poll ended at Fri May 08, 2020 1:36 am

"The source [of nourishment] doesn’t matter. How you acquire it does. - it’s fucked up to torture" -Ezra
21%
"...whatevs. I don't really feel the need to judge anyone else" -LPK
32%
"why should we care about what is ethical? [You are] a being made for war and violence. Only the weak care." -Jude
26%
None of these answers fit my views
21%

Total votes: 34
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy
Lineage: de Draak

Fri May 08, 2020 1:51 am

Alphadragon wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:16 am
Well we just got paladins, maybe people can throw the money together to ask the Prince for some sort of... Ethically-friendly-free-range humans.

Or a new shop: the Donation Guild, where for a small fee you can sit and siphon your vitae from a willing mortal using an environmentally friendly biodegradable tube, then enjoy a tea and biscuit and chat together after.
I mean. . . . yes to all of that? I'm into it. Minus the talking after.
|| de Draak ||
Alphadragon
OOC: Pauly
IGN: Alpha Dragon
Lineage: Basarab

Fri May 08, 2020 2:00 am

o.o

I was not for a MOMENT being serious! But now I am terribly, terribly afraid that you might be.

Usher the spite seething Draconist
And commit this world to thy ancient sovereignty

:twisted: Banner by Batrisha :evil:
]
Joy

Fri May 08, 2020 2:21 am

Alphadragon wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:00 am
o.o

I was not for a MOMENT being serious! But now I am terribly, terribly afraid that you might be.
Don't you shame me for what I like! This is a place for debate, not discrimination. >_>
|| de Draak ||
Alphadragon

Fri May 08, 2020 2:24 am

...McMortals.

Now with drive through service.

I am so alone... *woe unto the Alpha*

]
Joy

Fri May 08, 2020 2:27 am

Alphadragon wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:24 am
...McMortals.

That's it. I'm shutting this whole thing down. Too much fire. The thread is no longer safe. Everybody out! :P
|| de Draak ||
Alphadragon

Fri May 08, 2020 2:28 am

And there was much rejoicing.

]
Amari
IGN: Mahila Daeva
Lineage: Sherazi
Graphic Artist: Ben!

Fri May 08, 2020 12:59 pm

Ezra wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:48 pm

While I strongly disagree with your opinion on feeding, I agree with your opinion on this poll. Not a huge fan as I don’t think inherent personal morals is something that should be a consensus gentium — same as I don’t think agreeing on a religion would be likely or possible. Regardless of public opinion, even if every other person thinks torture is supes cool, I never will and I never will stop saying I don’t, and I’m sure that goes both ways, whereas if the city says XYZ = powered, I’ll probably shrug and go along. So I’m conflicted about this poll.

And really want to know who all voted alongside Jude so I can avoid you 4ever, weirdos. 😬
I respect your belief and stand on feeding. I respect you disagree with my own thought of 'to each their own', but that we can still engage. I will note I was vague with my personal preference, because as you said which we do agree on, this poll is highly and subjectively opinion focused. No consensus will ever come because our beliefs, morals, or preferences will never be the same as every individual. Only turn the consensus into further subjugation of subgroups to argue.

As amusing as it is to imagine organic, freerange, consentual McMortals drive-thru's.
Pride can Make the Strongest Man Weak
Joy

Fri May 08, 2020 11:06 pm

This poll may have ended one conversation, but it certainly began a few others. Firstly, 'should these polls determine the moral compass for the city?' . . . certainly not. No poll results actually imply any rulings or restrictions that must be set. That is not the intention of this.

The explanation reads, "Consensus Gentium is to decide on what is true or right based on a general agreement among the masses." I can see how that might be easily misunderstood. What I mean to say is: we're taking the city's readings on issues and determining where the masses land on this or that. Nothing more.

Having said that, as for this poll, it seems like folks were pulled all over the place. There was a winner in the end, after much debate, plus one fantastic middle ground tossed out (RE: McMortals).

Should we be worrying about what we eat and/or how? The people have decided that it is none of their business and no one has any place to judge. So there we have it. Now we know where the city ('s AB readers) lie(s) on this issue. Does it change anything? Maybe. Peer pressure is pretty powerful, but only if you give into it. Want to know if you should you give into it? The city has some thoughts on that: HERE!

Happy feasting, however you choose to!

If you'd like to submit an idea for a new CG topic drop that shit right HERE.
|| de Draak ||
Quade
IGN: Quade

Tue May 12, 2020 3:52 am

The source [of nourishment] doesn’t matter. How you acquire it does. - it’s fucked up to torture
so its ok 2 kill as long as u kill wit respect?

thats some bull shit.

end of the day that fucker doesnt care how u killed im. end of the day that fucker is ded.

n if u voted 4 this 1 n like cats ur also a fuckin idiot.

unless its ok 4 ur fav lil fuckin pussy to torture n play wit its food but 4 some reason i cant.

humans r antelope r rats r flies

vampires r lions r cats r ....frogs? i dun fukin kno.
Proficimus More Irretenti
im a clown. like john wayne gacy.

-Signature Credit to KatieKat-
Alphadragon

Tue May 12, 2020 7:50 pm

... will you be our McMortals mascot?