Consensus Gentium Poll: Should we supernaturals be concerned with what and how we consume our nourishment?

Debate forum for Consensus Gentium topics.

Moderator: Joy

Should we supernaturals be concerned with what and how we consume our nourishment?

Poll ended at Fri May 08, 2020 1:36 am

"The source [of nourishment] doesn’t matter. How you acquire it does. - it’s fucked up to torture" -Ezra
21%
"...whatevs. I don't really feel the need to judge anyone else" -LPK
32%
"why should we care about what is ethical? [You are] a being made for war and violence. Only the weak care." -Jude
26%
None of these answers fit my views
21%

Total votes: 34
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy
Lineage: de Draak

Tue May 05, 2020 1:36 am

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

To feed, or not to feed: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler to mind the suffering
The stings and aching of our nutrient fare,
Or to take arms against a bounty of nom noms,
And by opposing end them? To die: to eat;

I won't apologize for wrecking Shakespeare for my own ends! Here we begin another poll, to PULL out a consensus on our culture and what should be the norm. Since there was no objections, I will be offering 4 options of which you can only pick one. Be bold, be brave, be honest and be heard DAMMIT.

Man, butchering beloved plays really riles me up. Still not sorry!
|| de Draak ||
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy

Wed May 06, 2020 9:57 am

There sure is a lot if, "None of these answers fit my views", being voted for.

Don't leave the people in the dark y'all. You may very well be the majority with all those votes. Try our anonymous submission box if you don't want to be a target for speaking up!

Let's hear it, all opinions count here. If you're worried that people will know you by the way you talk, filter your words through Google translate into another language and then filter it back. That should at least be fun!

*Suggest a topic/question anonymously here: THE PLACE
**Submit an opinion anonymously here: THE OTHER PLACE
|| de Draak ||
Batrisha
OOC: Rachel
IGN: Batrisha

Wed May 06, 2020 11:19 am

I mean... how many of you cry over a beef burger?
Give in to temptation, take your time I'll be patient.
Amari
IGN: Mahila Daeva
Lineage: Sherazi
Graphic Artist: Ben!

Thu May 07, 2020 2:36 pm

Batrisha wrote:
What source doesn't matter, how doesn't matter. Whether you binge, or you self-starve doesn't matter; it's individual preference. Don't like torture? Don't torture. What if a person is so against the need to feed all they can do is be around someone beaten and bloody to a pulp where it forces them to feed and ignore their conscious? Then torture, or have someone do it for you. (Unlikely one may argue, sure, but how do you know it isn't true?)

People may not like what I choose, or vice versa, but I'm not going to shame. This vote is nothing more than voicing opinions of judgement. And sure, I may as hell judge what someone says, and others will judge me. At the end of the day/night what's done is done. People don't get in my way, I won't theirs.
Pride can Make the Strongest Man Weak
Alphadragon
OOC: Pauly
IGN: Alpha Dragon
Lineage: Basarab

Thu May 07, 2020 6:39 pm

And put their heads on spikes.

Edit: stupid Ab insert pic thing no work. Link for pic for the amusement: https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/523543525435980179/

Usher the spite seething Draconist
And commit this world to thy ancient sovereignty

:twisted: Banner by Batrisha :evil:
]
Ezra
OOC: Micah
IGN: Ezra

Thu May 07, 2020 11:48 pm

Amari wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:36 pm
Batrisha wrote:
What source doesn't matter, how doesn't matter. Whether you binge, or you self-starve doesn't matter; it's individual preference. Don't like torture? Don't torture. What if a person is so against the need to feed all they can do is be around someone beaten and bloody to a pulp where it forces them to feed and ignore their conscious? Then torture, or have someone do it for you. (Unlikely one may argue, sure, but how do you know it isn't true?)

People may not like what I choose, or vice versa, but I'm not going to shame. This vote is nothing more than voicing opinions of judgement. And sure, I may as hell judge what someone says, and others will judge me. At the end of the day/night what's done is done. People don't get in my way, I won't theirs.
While I strongly disagree with your opinion on feeding, I agree with your opinion on this poll. Not a huge fan as I don’t think inherent personal morals is something that should be a consensus gentium — same as I don’t think agreeing on a religion would be likely or possible. Regardless of public opinion, even if every other person thinks torture is supes cool, I never will and I never will stop saying I don’t, and I’m sure that goes both ways, whereas if the city says XYZ = powered, I’ll probably shrug and go along. So I’m conflicted about this poll.

And really want to know who all voted alongside Jude so I can avoid you 4ever, weirdos. 😬
laeti vescimur nos subacturis
A N D E R S — f a m i l i a . s u p r a . o m n i a — V E X I A N
CHARACTER SHEET
Alphadragon

Fri May 08, 2020 1:16 am

Well we just got paladins, maybe people can throw the money together to ask the Prince for some sort of... Ethically-friendly-free-range humans.

Or a new shop: the Donation Guild, where for a small fee you can sit and siphon your vitae from a willing mortal using an environmentally friendly biodegradable tube, then enjoy a tea and biscuit and chat together after.

]
Batrisha

Fri May 08, 2020 1:33 am

Alphadragon wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:16 am
Well we just got paladins, maybe people can throw the money together to ask the Prince for some sort of... Ethically-friendly-free-range humans.

Or a new shop: the Donation Guild, where for a small fee you can sit and siphon your vitae from a willing mortal using an environmentally friendly biodegradable tube, then enjoy a tea and biscuit and chat together after.
:lol:
...but I don't like tea...
Can my human be hardcore and drink Kraken?
Preferably before the deed.
Then we can just exchange awkward looks and mumbles before we part ways!
Alphadragon

Fri May 08, 2020 1:43 am

Bat you need more blood in your alcohol stream!

]
Batrisha

Fri May 08, 2020 1:48 am

Alphadragon wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:43 am
Bat you need more blood in your alcohol stream!
You're not my Mom!

...Oh. Wait...
:lol: