Consensus Gentium Debate: Is there a benefit of having common gathering places frequented by diverse groups?

Debate forum for Consensus Gentium topics.

Moderator: Joy

Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy
Lineage: de Draak

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:55 am

I am once again in awe of the talent in this city for conversation and debate. I’m as grateful as ever to be able to take in everyone’s words and learn from them, even if what I learn is that I don’t agree with something, because that's important too.

Usually around this point I will take a few quotes from the opinions shared, summarizing them thus far to show how I arrived at my suggested poll options. I think it would be a disservice to the debate to do that for this topic. The experiences people have in this city that were shared are best told in their own words and I encourage them to be read as they were written.

As for my proposal for what the poll options should look like for our current question of “Is there a benefit of having common gathering places frequented by diverse groups?” I believe this will cover what has come up:

-Yes, open communication between all citizens is the only way to forward our city.
-Yes, but those locations can be vituperative so we must also have our own guarded spaces.
-No, there is nothing wrong with people doing what they like with whom they like to best.
-No, there is no common ground among diverse citizens to create true common gathering places.
-I do not think any of these answers are a good fit.

Do you feel that these options best fit the debate presented? If not, what would you change? Please also remember if you are shy or scared to state your opinion openly you can submit it anonymously here: http://freesuggestionbox.com/pub/nagxlfq
|| de Draak ||