A place to post writer profiles
Maddox
IGN: MadHeart
Graphic Artist: Banner by me.

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:51 pm

Name: TJ

Pronouns: They/He

Time Zone: Eastern Standard

Availability: Running on Mental Disorder Time. Buffering...

Character list: Meh. These assholes ran off and left me here to twiddle my thumbs.
  • None, at current.

Style: Writing-wise—according to I Write Like (https://iwl.me), whatever styles Stephen King, James Joyce, and Agatha Christie use, though that is highly debatable, imo. Personally, I don't think I have a style OR it's simply adaptive to whoever I'm writing with, about what, and what character is in POV.

RP-wise—I'm comfortable writing in long and short form, and I'm not focused on matching paragraph sizes (anymore), but will most times reply for pacing and momentum (so I personally avoid philosophizing on a subject—because I will, forever—and write action, instead).

Topics of Interest: Just about anything, though I've had a major scifi and dystopian itch, lately.

Last edited by Maddox on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Maddox

Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:35 am

I already write with you all the time. I need to branch out. :|
xxsacrificexx
OOC: Brandy
IGN: xxsacrificexx
Lineage: Houlihan
Graphic Artist: Harv

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:32 pm

What sort of dystopian themes? I have an interest but I've never written anything outside RB's typical universe.
Maddox

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:24 pm

So, the age we live in now is very transitional. The falling of an empire (America), global shifts, climate change, the Information Age, etc. I suppose I'm curious about a world (as in a people that make up a world) in which current trends are pushed to extremes.

Dessert world or water world? Nuclear fallout? Idiocracy?? Alien interference? (I once wanted to write a story in which human beings were relegated to a conservatory zoo due to habitat destruction).

It really makes me think about this YouTuber from years back who just had a son and directed the video talking to his son hoping that in the future, he hopes his son will look upon the current age as if it is a primitive time. His hope is that this current age is not looked upon, by future generations, as a golden age with technology and social systems and resources etc that they could only imagine.

What would happen to folks in such a world? Would the Internet satellites be one of the last things of the past the future generations will have to hold onto before those, too, perish?

Would an internet connection become currency?

I may be going down a rabbit hole, lmao!!
xxsacrificexx

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:28 pm

Maddox wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:24 pm

Dessert world or water world? Nuclear fallout?
Hell yea.

I like the internet connection idea too. What if it was looked at like an addiction. I got some real primo wifey, you know what I mean? This ain't no 56k.
Maddox

Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:23 am

Yeeeeeesss! Exactly! Doesn't even have to be some big, long RP, either. Could be a simple bar scene, but set post-apocalypse. Or even a club scene. >> Could be anything! Pretty sure those services will still exist after the fall of global civilization.
xxsacrificexx

Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:23 am

Maddox wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:23 am
Yeeeeeesss! Exactly! Doesn't even have to be some big, long RP, either. Could be a simple bar scene, but set post-apocalypse. Or even a club scene. >> Could be anything! Pretty sure those services will still exist after the fall of global civilization.
Bro.

What if it's a festival and people are there for internet like it's a drug, but it's all hands free now, and they're raving with the wifi

Idk I keep replying late at night ok lol. Discord if you wanna write it?
Michayla
OOC: Ginger
IGN: Michayla

Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:35 pm

*Cracked her knuckles.* I’m pretty sure I could work with this. Yup. Because creepy ravens and sushi.
Image Image
Maddox

Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:29 am

xxsacrificexx wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:23 am

Bro.

What if it's a festival and people are there for internet like it's a drug, but it's all hands free now, and they're raving with the wifi

Idk I keep replying late at night ok lol. Discord if you wanna write it?
Exactly!! I'm gonna slide into your DMs~
Michayla wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:35 pm
*Cracked her knuckles.* I’m pretty sure I could work with this. Yup. Because creepy ravens and sushi.
Hell, yeah! Bring it on!

Also, I'm updating my list because I also have the utmost strongest desire to write organized crime. It'd be with Godfrey and somehow connected to a larger system of cross-realm criminal activity, supernatural scale heists, etc. Hit me up if interested.
Marlo
OOC: Aimee
IGN: Marlo
Lineage: Pace

Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:16 am

Maddox wrote:Also, I'm updating my list because I also have the utmost strongest desire to write organized crime. It'd be with Godfrey and somehow connected to a larger system of cross-realm criminal activity, supernatural scale heists, etc. Hit me up if interested.

look out for two-parter PM from me