Anders
OOC: Kris
IGN: Anders
Lineage: de Draak

Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:14 pm

[ NAME ] :: Kris (or K)

[ PRONOUNS ] :: They/them/theirs > any and all

[ TIME ZONE ] :: Eastern US

[ AVAILABILITY? ] :: Entirely spotty at the given moment, but you're most likely to nab me on weekends. Patience is definitely required.

[ CHARACTER(S) ] :: Instead of even attempting to describe who my characters are or what they may or may not even be up to, I'm just going to post some snippets or poems that fit their vibe. I'm a big vibe person, cause I experience tone or emotion as colors.

[ ANDERS ] :: [the archangel :: he/him/his]
"If you love somebody / they turn into a God. / But you can’t control / what kind of God they turn / into."

"i saw an angel in the night sky / oh, his face looked like death / but his eyes looked like the moon on a clear, cold night / ‘tell me,’ / he said, and his voice was like thunder and rain / ‘what magic keeps the stars in the sky?’ / 'tell me,’ / he said, and the clouds broke and tears poured down/ 'why am i here and not there?’ / 'tell me,’ / he said, and his body was electricity in my arms / 'how do i get back?’"

"there is this feeling in your chest, / and it is both lightning and thunder / and it is holy. / the beat of your heart is steady and loud, / echoes like sound in a church yard, / like a thousand voices raised in prayer, / you are/ devout but your god is not their god. / your god is 71% water, / it is the house of humanity, / and of every other species we know. / your god is angry, / fed from tornadoes, / drunk from the fumes of volcanoes. / your god is pure, / crystalline structures shining in moonlight, / salt lakes and craters of gold in the ground. / your god is loving, / the cradle of life everlasting, repeating, / a cycle that winds back to the beginning. / your god is the earth, / and you bow to it every night in your dreams, / and every day as you walk on it’s surface."

“So when people I like do something terrible,” I said, “I just flense them and forgive them.”
”Flense?” he said. “What’s flense?”
“It’s what whalers used to do to whale carcasses when they got them on board,” I said. “They would strip off the skin and blubber and meat right down to the skeleton. I do that in my head to people—get rid of all the meat so I can see nothing but their souls. Then I forgive them.”

"I am constantly trying to communicate something incommunicable, to explain something inexplicable, to tell about something I only feel in my bones and which can only be experienced in those bones."

[ NESTA ] :: [the archfey :: she/her/hers]
"I want to raise up the magic world all round me and live strongly and quietly there."

"So therefore I dedicate myself to myself, to my art, my sleep, my dreams, my labors, my sufferances, my loneliness, my unique madness, my endless absorption and hunger - because I cannot dedicate myself to any fellow being."

"All that matters / is that you want to hurt me. All / that matters / is that you want / me."

"Love feels like a thing people eventually learn to live without like tonsils or god."

"I love the way she does / nothing / and still takes over / the entire room."

" I do not want to be human. I want to be myself. They think I am a lion, that I will chase them. I will not deny I have lions in me. I am the monster in the wood. I have wonders in my house of sugar. I have parts of myself I do not yet understand."

[ JHOKA ] :: [the siren :: she/her/hers]
“It was the year he began to wonder about the noise that colors make. Roses came roaring across the garden at him. He lay on his bed at night listening to the silver light of stars crashing against the window screen.”

"I’m gonna bite the bullet. I mean, / the apple. I mean, / I know what you want to do to me / and I am not afraid of snakes."

“Everything that we know and love is reducible to the absurd acts of chemicals."

“Violence in an art. Your body, the Louvre.”

"You can only hold a smile for so long, after that it’s just teeth."

"When will I stop belonging / to this hungry thing inside me?"

[ NECROMANTIC ] :: [the necromancer :: they/them/theirs]
“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to.”

“I still tend to decay / back into myself.”

"I knew when I said / I love you / that I was inventing / a new alphabet / for a city where no one / could read. / That I was saying my poems / in an empty theatre, / and pouring my wine / for those who could not taste it."

“Bury me shallow, I’ll be back.”

"let go of the old light. / that is what the evening is for."

"…the process of transformation consists almost entirely of decay."

[ STYLE ] :: Surprising to most, I generally prefer longform with time in between to think and write it out. I'm happy to do quick one-liners, too, but I find my writing isn't quite what I'd like it to be when I do. Just message me and we'll figure something out!

[ TOPICS OF INTEREST? ] :: LGBTQIA+ characters or themes; character studies, development, and juxtapositions; alternative forms of writing (more poetic/experimental); all forms of supernaturalism, magical realism, or high fantasy; religious trauma and religion (sacrilege) as mythology; remembering what it is to be human in a city that isn't; self-help, therapy, and mental health themes, both positive and negative; and so much more! If something isn't on this list, ask.

AO3 tags would include: angst, fluff, hurt/comfort, hurt no comfort, found family, rivals, graphic fight scenes, explicit content, kink positive, major character death

*Also always up to teach people dueling on grid. I'm an addict, Andy loves it. Sparring partner??? New rival???? Yes please.

[ CONTACT ] :: Xixius#1617 on Discord
familia . supra . omnia
IF GOD IS GONE
THEN MAYBE HE HAS HIDDEN THE LIGHT INSIDE OF US.
character sheet
Maddox
IGN: MadHeart
Graphic Artist: Banner by me.

Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:51 am

Count me intimidated, but willing. Hmm~ I'll message you.
Anders
OOC: Kris
IGN: Anders
Lineage: de Draak

Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:41 pm

Maddox wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:51 am
Count me intimidated, but willing. Hmm~ I'll message you.
i'd love that!! <3
familia . supra . omnia
IF GOD IS GONE
THEN MAYBE HE HAS HIDDEN THE LIGHT INSIDE OF US.
character sheet