Conflict Coverage: Damacus VS The Void UPDATE

For breaking news, journalistic reports, and other thought-provoking articles written by both staff and our readership.
Liander
OOC: Justin
IGN: Liander
Graphic Artist: Kris

Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:25 am

BREAKING COVERAGE

In our last edition, we covered the opening hits between the defending Agrippa-Lokason lineage and the mercenary guild The Void. As a contract on the vampire Damacus was enacted, members of the patriarch's lineage were seen to be defending him. Comments from one such defender, Jauk, were quick to dismiss allegations of multiple hitters and any notion that the recent assault was conducted by an organization, contracted or otherwise - even going so far as to suggest this publication was attempting to provide publicity in favor of bias. In her own words -

Jauk wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:23 am
For clarifiation Kains is the ONLY one fighting this. No other hitters.
[...]
here he is writing a piece that heavily gives wind to a "party" of assassins that otherwise would not be on anyones (read mines) radar save for all the good press which makes me think he has a horse in the race
[...]
as a reader I believe it appears, the AB really wants to push The Void and give it a bump.

A relatively new reader who wishes to remain anonymous was a direct eyewitness to part of this conflict and has provided the following photo to us:

Daly and Rienhardt are believed to be the targets of at least two attacks this evening; Daly's sighted location is notable in relation to the above photograph.
The vampire Daly has drunk 3395 pints of blood.
(Lost In Shadow)
Powers: Second-sight Suction Surprise Perception Celerity(3) Stamina(3) Shadows(3) Thievery(3) Locate(2) Telepathy(3) Charisma(3)

The vampire Rienhardt has drunk 8757 pints of blood.
(Lost In Shadow)
Powers: Second-sight Suction Surprise Perception Celerity(3) Stamina(3) Shadows(3) Thievery(3) Locate(3) Telepathy(3) Charisma(3)
Both Daly and Rienhardt have lost a thousand pints over the past few hours, with sightings taken not hours prior to the publication of this article showing similar damage to both parties.
The vampire Daly has drunk 4364 pints of blood.
The vampire Rienhardt has drunk 9709 pints of blood.

Interesting to note: while the defenders of the Agrippa-Lokason lineage have diligently kept up zeroings and attacks against The Void, aside from a brief jaunt into the light early yesterday, Damacus himself has remained in shadows for a number of days and - evidenced in the photo above - was not seen engaging in retaliation efforts himself.

*Kains Son, leader of The Void, was unavailable for comment and could neither confirm nor deny The Void’s member roster regarding this situation.
*Correction: wrong sighting posted for Rienhardt. This has been updated.

UPDATE

The vampire Lannair Cuan has drunk 13877 pints of blood.
(Lost In Shadow)
The vampire Malice has drunk 21448 pints of blood.
(Lost In Shadow)
The vampire ophelia has drunk 18919 pints of blood.
(Lost In Shadow)
The vampire Reyna has drunk 11438 pints of blood.
(Lost In Shadow)
The vampire Nemesis has drunk 68510 pints of blood.
(Lost In Shadow)
The vampire Archontohs has drunk 31277 pints of blood.
(Lost In Shadow)
The vampire xxsacrificexx has drunk 18362 pints of blood.
(Lost In Shadow)
The vampire Anima has drunk 5801 pints of blood.
(Lost In Shadow)
The vampire Moon Girl has drunk 15294 pints of blood.
(Lost In Shadow)
The vampire melanctha has drunk 19734 pints of blood.
(Lost In Shadow)
The vampire Damacus has drunk 12221 pints of blood.
(Lost In Shadow)

(Lost In Shadow)
The vampire Rienhardt has drunk 8757 pints of blood.
(Lost In Shadow)

With the only exceptions being Kains Son and Jauk, all involved parties have fallen to shadows. We will continue to provide updates on this riveting conflict as they come.

UPDATE 2

This publication would like to thank the efforts of Ravenblack City: As It Is, and in particular those of Seyda for the following information. Despite a rumored gag order on the Agrippa-Lokason lineage (with Nemesis being caught making a post and then shortly deleting it on this very paper), Damacus and ophelia recently graced Seyda with an interview that can be found here. For those of you who don't feel like reading a block of text, the important highlights are as follows:
  • The vampire GrimreaperMoon has been confirmed as the fourth mercenary attempting to fulfill the contract on Damacus.
  • The heads of the Agrippa-Lokason lineage, respectively Damacus and ophelia, disagree with the presentation of varying facts presented by this publication. We once again urge all involved parties to feel free to contact us, as information is difficult to present when only half available.
UPDATE 3

The vampire Damacus has drunk 11956 pints of blood.
Powers: Second-sight Suction Surprise Perception Celerity(3) Stamina(3) Shadows(3) Thievery(3) Locate(3) Telepathy(3) Charisma(3)
Partner-bound with ophelia.
Damacus is sire to 7 other vampires, including: Hunin (36441 pints), ophelia (19064 pints), xxsacrificexx (18531 pints), Moon Girl (15082 pints), Lannair Cuan (13896 pints), Sun (12566 pints), Kianna (6593 pints)
Damacus is a master vampire, with no sire.

Powers: Second-sight Suction Surprise Perception Celerity(3) Stamina(3) Shadows(3) Thievery(3) Locate(2) Telepathy(3) Charisma(3)
Daly is sire to 7 other vampires, including: Drayden (16157 pints), Zach (11359 pints), AnnaMolly (11037 pints), Sephiroth (7542 pints), Luna Night (7413 pints), Saressa (5852 pints), Shina (2299 pints)
Daly is a second-generation vampire, sired by CrimsonClover (15328).

Daly's close siblings include: Daciana (605), Bailee (20816) and Narcisssa (36485).

The vampire Kains Son has drunk 200 pints of blood.
Partner-bound with Lyric.
Kains Son is sire to 2 other vampires, including: Black-Bird (15421 pints), Ten Thousand (370 pints)
Kains Son is a master vampire, with no sire.

Spotted: one Prince and two assassins out of shadows. Except, as was quickly discovered by The Void, it was a ruse - a simple displacement to give the appearance of movement and lure the mercenaries out. Only half the mercenaries were pulled from shadows themselves, with one even landing a hit on Damacus - apparently not having had the chance to do so the last time he was out of shadows. Undoubtedly a clever tactic from Agrippa-Lokason, but one that did not seem to pay off the way they intended.

A shift in the stalemate, but by and large no real progress, and only more coin down the proverbial drain.

UPDATE 4

The vampire Damacus has drunk 11677 pints of blood.
Partner-bound with ophelia.
Damacus is sire to 7 other vampires, including: Hunin (36441 pints), ophelia (19064 pints), xxsacrificexx (18531 pints), Moon Girl (15084 pints), Lannair Cuan (13898 pints), Sun (12566 pints), Kianna (6593 pints)
Damacus is a master vampire, with no sire.

While all the mercenaries are currently out of shadows, Damacus has only taken one more hit since our last update. Given that he hasn't moved locations, and it is known to us that he was pulled out of shadows by a scroll - as a number of the mercenaries couldn't hit him, this leads to one inevitable conclusion. The Void has taken on a fifth contractor and the Agrippa-Lokason lineage must now contend with odds closer to 2:1 rather than the overwhelming advantage they held before.

Had they been able to organize and efficiently keep down The Void at the onset of this conflict, it would no doubt be over by now. As they haven't, and The Void is slowly filling its ranks, what happens next is anyone's guess.
Last edited by Liander on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
MY CHURCH OFFERS NO ABSOLUTES

Tracker
Oberon
OOC: Cia
IGN: Taltos Oberon
Lineage: Schiaraffa
Graphic Artist: Deen

Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:02 am

I feel like the title is kind of inaccurate.
"Everyone but Damacus VS the Void", perhaps?
|MAHORELA-AMANDINE|
|SCHIARAFFA|
Elizabeth
IGN: Elizabeth
Lineage: de Bouillon

Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:30 am

I really want to say something to the effect that everyone has big swinging cock and balls when there is no real threat to themselves.
Willa
OOC: Muffin
IGN: Willa
Lineage: de Draak-Schiaraffa

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:34 am

Be a Wolf, Daly.
deDraak-Schiaraffa

Daly
IGN: Daly
Clan: The House of Silence
Lineage: O'Collin

Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:05 am

Willa wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:34 am
Be a Wolf, Daly.
Yes'm.

Edit:

I was not the victim to an attack last night. There was, however, a comedy special located at Unctuous and 81st.
Jenny | The House of Silence.
.Husband.Brother.Sire.Outlaw.

King of Silence.
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy
Lineage: de Draak

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:35 pm

Super excited to have been asked...oops, I mean quoted from a previous day...for this article's sole source of LAF commentary. You don't have be shy about asking for fresh quotes with fresh information. I'm one of the few members of the family who doesn't mind talking about our business in public. It drives my sires nuts.

When I spoke that there were no other hitters, it was because there wasn't. That changed. I feel like something was being implied with my being quoted like this, but I'm tired and hangry right now so I'll actually check my ego and temper for once. I guess only kinda though...but A for effort?
|| de Draak ||
Liander
OOC: Justin
IGN: Liander
Graphic Artist: Kris

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:56 am

Updated.
MY CHURCH OFFERS NO ABSOLUTES

Tracker
ladypeacek
OOC: Kenna
IGN: ladypeacek

Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:12 am

Now have they been in shadows for days or have you just caught them still in bed sleeping while they regain energy? I mean, it's normal to fall into shadows over the course of the day or night, especially if you aren't doing a lot of extra moving which is frowned upon, when you should reserve energy. Kains, if I recall is a live fighter- and while they outnumber him, being caught with your pants down and no energy when you do your run is embarrassing, even more so if it's just one dude.

Also, wasn't it just a day before they were uv bombing Kains, implying he was in shadows at the time, as well?
Oberon
OOC: Cia
IGN: Taltos Oberon
Lineage: Schiaraffa
Graphic Artist: Deen

Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:22 am

ladypeacek wrote:
Also, wasn't it just a day before they were uv bombing Kains, implying he was in shadows at the time, as well?
No.
|MAHORELA-AMANDINE|
|SCHIARAFFA|
Vex
Editor
OOC: Lyssa
IGN: Vex
Lineage: de Draak
Graphic Artist: Megatron

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:02 am

ladypeacek wrote:
Now have they been in shadows for days or have you just caught them still in bed sleeping while they regain energy? I mean, it's normal to fall into shadows over the course of the day or night, especially if you aren't doing a lot of extra moving which is frowned upon, when you should reserve energy. Kains, if I recall is a live fighter- and while they outnumber him, being caught with your pants down and no energy when you do your run is embarrassing, even more so if it's just one dude.
I see what you're getting at, but that implies that Agrippa is treating a group of three - maybe four - mercenaries hitting only one person as a war effort.
𒀭𒄊𒀕𒃲
In this twilight how dare you speak of grace

Character Sheet - - The Recovery Diaries