Conflict Coverage: Damacus VS The Void UPDATE

For breaking news, journalistic reports, and other thought-provoking articles written by both staff and our readership.
ladypeacek
OOC: Kenna
IGN: ladypeacek

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:28 am

I would say that it would be poor leadership to treat any attack as less than a war effort. Doing so means you assume that more will not arrive, or things will not change drastically and coming from years when a group has gone from 1 hitter to 20+ overnight, it's not a stretch. Considering how many have threatened or at the very least wished Damacus zeroed over the years- how can you be certain that half the city won't hop on this bandwagon just because they can? I wouldn't hedge my bets, if it were me. I've seen it happen too many times, but that may just be the jaded ex-clan leader in me.
Moon Girl
OOC: Lee
IGN: Moon Girl
Lineage: De'lacruise
Graphic Artist: Meg

Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:02 am

Interesting that you say I was shadowed because I moved around last eveming and am still not at full energy or shadowed. When were these sights taken because I have been out of shadows since 7pm [pacific] when I began to move.
Anima ~ GrimreaperMoon
Moon Girl De'lacruise
Abel's Starlight

Sig By Meg
IGN: Moon Girl - OOC: Lee
Daly
IGN: Daly
Clan: The House of Silence
Lineage: O'Collin

Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:45 am

ladypeacek wrote:
I would say that it would be poor leadership to treat any attack as less than a war effort. Doing so means you assume that more will not arrive, or things will not change drastically and coming from years when a group has gone from 1 hitter to 20+ overnight, it's not a stretch. Considering how many have threatened or at the very least wished Damacus zeroed over the years- how can you be certain that half the city won't hop on this bandwagon just because they can? I wouldn't hedge my bets, if it were me. I've seen it happen too many times, but that may just be the jaded ex-clan leader in me.

Actually, poor leadership would involve wasting coins on mercenary efforts. If it were a war effort, more than just Damacus would be getting attacked. That's just common sense. I'm genuinely sad that I had to explain that to you.
Jenny | The House of Silence.
.Husband.Brother.Sire.Outlaw.

King of Silence.
Lyric
OOC: Danielle
IGN: Lyric

Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:40 am

ladypeacek wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:12 am
Also, wasn't it just a day before they were uv bombing Kains, implying he was in shadows at the time, as well?
Did you know that seven uv grenades can cause a two thousand plus blood loss to a thirty-three thousand pint vampire? I didn't! I have also learned that they sting but I still think the burn of holy water is a more unpleasant feeling.
꧁Fated꧂
KainsSon
OOC: Brandon
IGN: Kains Son
Graphic Artist: Dawn/Dani

Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:56 am

I actually wasn't shadowed then, which was funnier. But credit where due, when taking into account me resisting scrolls like people in this city resist logic, it was the most efficient method considering my blood count and the hitters they had on hand.
Sire of Two | Lyric's Beloved
The devil is in the details.
ladypeacek

Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:19 am

Daly wrote:
ladypeacek wrote:

Actually, poor leadership would involve wasting coins on mercenary efforts. If it were a war effort, more than just Damacus would be getting attacked. That's just common sense. I'm genuinely sad that I had to explain that to you.

You have never been an actual leader, with more than 40+ people wanting to defend a loved one from a splinter, and telling them it's a waste of COIN to do so. Being a leader, isn't all about the coin- sometimes, Daly, it's about giving an actual fuck about the people. I'd waste every single dime I had to make someone's job miserable and long and boring and drawn out, if it meant letting the person I love, know I got their back at all costs. After you've actually led something more than your big plots and schemes into fading away when you inevitably get bored- talk to me then.
KainsSon
OOC: Brandon
IGN: Kains Son
Graphic Artist: Dawn/Dani

Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:44 pm

Besides the fact that I would rather do business as quickly as possible, I don't see the problem either way. These philosophical questions have no concrete answers, just various hues along a color spectrum.

Love what you do for a living and you'll never work a day in your life. Whether people fight back or not, I'm going to bleed and battle with a wide smile.
Sire of Two | Lyric's Beloved
The devil is in the details.
Daly
IGN: Daly
Clan: The House of Silence
Lineage: O'Collin

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:02 am

ladypeacek wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:19 am
Daly wrote:
ladypeacek wrote:

You have never been an actual leader, with more than 40+ people wanting to defend a loved one from a splinter, and telling them it's a waste of COIN to do so. Being a leader, isn't all about the coin- sometimes, Daly, it's about giving an actual fuck about the people. I'd waste every single dime I had to make someone's job miserable and long and boring and drawn out, if it meant letting the person I love, know I got their back at all costs. After you've actually led something more than your big plots and schemes into fading away when you inevitably get bored- talk to me then.
You're absolutely correct peacek I've never been a leader of 40+ people but I know one thing. If I were I wouldn't be worried about Merc camps coming for my blood. I wouldn't allow my people to fight my battles for me, ever, because there is a bigger picture here and losing some blood ain't the end of the world. You can get angry with me all you want for pointing out the flaws in your ways, but at the end of the day, poor leadership results in wasting resources. No one is making my job miserable, I've been laughing this entire time. At poor leadership, angry people on a news forum who can't handle difference in opinions, and most importantly, the waste of resources. Because all of that is funny to me. So I guess I owe you a thank you. :lol:
Jenny | The House of Silence.
.Husband.Brother.Sire.Outlaw.

King of Silence.
ladypeacek

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:40 am

I'm not angry at you at all for disagreeing with me- I'm simply pointing out that YOUR way is not the RIGHT way or the ONLY way, and while neither is mine, I at least have credible experience and background to speak upon.

I think it's absolutely fair that if you are gonna profit on the death of someone I love, that it makes perfect sense to fight back.

See, I know it's a difference of opinion- you are the only one running around telling me I am wrong and flawed for not thinking like you, sir. Is you, that doesn't want to hear someone say something other than what you want to hear.

I will say- I felt the same as you once. When I was leading Ferry, and got hit, ANYTIME I got hit, which was often, because splinter's heart and live fighting love, I never let anyone defend me. I would hold back my clan and tell them, it's just blood, I don't care until finally, someone said to me- "You make me feel like I am useless, like I don't have a reason to be here. We WANT to defend you. We WANT to support you. We WANT to fight too. We trained for this. We work hard for this." It was then, that I realized, it's not MY choice. It's not about ME. It was about a group of people that were together for a reason, because they shared the same values and beliefs and who was I to tell them what they could and could not fight for?

You love to fight Daly. You always have. I've always loved watching you do so too. Why can't you grasp the concept, that others may enjoy it just as much and resources are nothing in comparison to the fun, and to the bond building experience of fighting together?
darkwolf
OOC: Cody
IGN: darkwolf
Graphic Artist: Penny

Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:14 pm

No such thing as wasted resources when defending a loved one and having fun at the same time...
Meli || Thia || Dea