RP APPRECIATION

Are you seeking advice from fellow writers, or perhaps have something valuable to share or discuss? Use this section to do just that and help strengthen our community! Post in our "References" thread, or browse, for the best tips and tricks. Discuss writing topics from character creation and world building, to sentence structure and grammar for flow. Whatever your technical and creative needs, find those resources and discussions here!
Marlo
OOC: carrot/aimee
IGN: Marlo
Lineage: Pace
Graphic Artist: me, baby

Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:27 pm

Dear Diaries Are Stupid by Max [Aly]

Just reread this first post and this hits so hard. I really, really loved it. There's so much character in one journal post and that's super hard to do.
Marlo
IGN: Marlo
Lineage: Pace
Graphic Artist: me, baby

Sat Sep 07, 2024 1:07 pm

Marlo wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:27 pm
Dear Diaries Are Stupid by Max [Aly]

Just reread this first post and this hits so hard. I really, really loved it. There's so much character in one journal post and that's super hard to do.
the update to this was so wholesome. i really enjoyed reading this! xo

Click here for wholesome update!
Hiram
OOC: broccoli
IGN: Hiram
Lineage: Matsuda
Graphic Artist: carrot

Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:03 pm

Uninvited Guest

I really enjoyed this, it has to be said. I loved the lore behind it, and the action felt punchy and impactful. Fight scenes can sometimes struggle when it comes to pacing, but the cadence of the sentences felt very "in your face." Good read.
GrimreaperMoon
OOC: Trisha
IGN: GrimreaperMoon
Clan: Ferry
Graphic Artist: Mandolin

Thu Sep 12, 2024 1:52 pm

Hiram wrote:
Uninvited Guest

I really enjoyed this, it has to be said. I loved the lore behind it, and the action felt punchy and impactful. Fight scenes can sometimes struggle when it comes to pacing, but the cadence of the sentences felt very "in your face." Good read.
Agree! This was a good read, kept me hooked from the beginning!
Batrisha's Moon Eyes| Ferrymen's Reaper | ~Anima's Moon-Mon~
Moon Girl's Mini Moon
Yawa
OOC: Nikki
IGN: YAWA
Lineage: Schiaraffa
Graphic Artist: Kris

Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:51 am

https://abantiquo.aldergate.net/viewtop ... =17&t=3301

Damn. Just... damn, son, feels and lores and everything

ETA: Heck, I am so tired and inarticulate rn but this post is so good and I’ve read it twice now.
Mahorela. Amandine. De Draak. Schiaraffa.

Confession Booth Episodes
Humans Say The Darndest Things
Hiram
OOC: broccoli
IGN: Hiram
Lineage: Matsuda
Graphic Artist: carrot

Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:53 pm

Club Amethyst

Just stopping in to say I loved the various degrees of brutality reflected in this. I love an honest character study and this was a fun read.
Katerina
IGN: Katerina
Lineage: Ristoska
Graphic Artist: broccoli, baby!

Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:00 pm

Hiram wrote:
Uninvited Guest

agreed!
i love the way the beginning emphasized the loneliness.
Brom wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:09 am
Black was staining the snow. Pitch painted the flowers. Void filled in the cracks.
I love the visuals from these lines!
Brom wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:09 am
He was being deliberate. Slow. Taking from her like some hummingbird sipping from some delicate flower.
also this part

Hiram wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:53 pm
Club Amethyst

Just stopping in to say I loved the various degrees of brutality reflected in this. I love an honest character study and this was a fun read.
I also agree with this!

okay, but kalika is one of my favorite characters to watch and interact with. i love how you always leave little breadcrumbs about her gooey center, for example:
Kalika wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:56 pm
They mumbled their apologies to the exiled woman and ran inside, abandoning her without a second thought while she exited the line and cried. Kalika felt a momentary pang of sympathy for her, an emotion that was quick to dissipate as the next group attempted to gain access.

Kalika wrote:
The familiar flavor of the Irish whiskey coated her mouth and burned all the way down her throat to warm her stomach. It immediately gave her back her sense of control.
I also love the implications of this and the little hints of her personality laced in
Kalika wrote:
...desperate and salacious.
yes yes yes
Kalika wrote:
Her vision was met with more stars, perhaps the whole Ursa Major constellation,
omg I LOVE this
Kalika wrote:
Kalika didn’t actually care, saving an innocent had never been her motive. She simply wanted to find the guilty. And she had found him.
there's so much characterization in this little snip. i love kalika so, so much.

I loved reading both of these pieces. and I know they weren't made to go along with each other, but knowing the characters a little from IC interaction and seeing how Brom has trouble feeling or recognizing pain, while Kalika registers it immediately is a fun little dichotomy!

thank you both for the fun character studies!