Blood Oaths

For breaking news, journalistic reports, and other thought-provoking articles written by both staff and our readership.
Seyda
OOC: Stephanie
IGN: Seyda
Lineage: St. John
Graphic Artist: Kenna

Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:23 am

I’m not even going to bother bring up mechanic issues anymore. Honestly, the characteristics that would make someone do this—having a small brain that doesn’t know what they don’t know but a giant ego that makes them think they do—are the exact same characteristics of people who won’t listen anyway.
Arallara
IGN: Arallara
Lineage: Blackstone
Graphic Artist: Tessa

Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:24 am

As pointed out before much of what was wanted has been included and with some research I believe you’ll see the oath only shows a link on the end of one who made it. This isn’t a typical bond that gives an advantage to either person beyond showing their commitment which they could have made without your knowledge before.
<3 Anthony’s <3
House of Blackstone
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy
Lineage: de Draak

Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:25 am

Lyrene wrote:
Okay so maybe some misplaced humour on my part there, my apologies Joy. My joke wasn't intended to offend.

I can see how it can be used and as said earlier, not for me. But, well, have at it!
No no!! I took it as a joke and love you to pieces. I’m just sitting here scrubbing my face at the screen and voiced my worry your joke reminded me of. I know your intentions <3
|| de Draak ||
ophelia
OOC: -
IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason
Graphic Artist: Greyce

Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:27 am

Joy wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:13 am
Lyrene wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:05 am
Hey Joy, come meet me near the halls.
Oh hey...what happens when your abusive partner/sire that you are trying to sever really quick pulls you to the oath hall so you can’t get away so easily. That’s another example of this going wrong.
Or an ex, among other things. The list can be almost endless on what a violation this is

(Quick question: I know there was a discussion about an oath, but was there further discussion on specifics? May have missed it >.>)
L O K A S O N
ophelia
OOC: -
IGN: ophelia
Lineage: Lokason
Graphic Artist: Greyce

Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:28 am

Seyda wrote:
I’m not even going to bother bring up mechanic issues anymore. Honestly, the characteristics that would make someone do this—having a small brain that doesn’t know what they don’t know but a giant ego that makes them think they do—are the exact same characteristics of people who won’t listen anyway.
Listen Blondie, I'm going to need you do dumb this down a bit.
L O K A S O N
Lyrene
OOC: Jem
IGN: Sabrene
Lineage: Wilde
Graphic Artist: Anders

Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:30 am

Joy wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:25 am
Lyrene wrote:
Okay so maybe some misplaced humour on my part there, my apologies Joy. My joke wasn't intended to offend.

I can see how it can be used and as said earlier, not for me. But, well, have at it!
No no!! I took it as a joke and love you to pieces. I’m just sitting here scrubbing my face at the screen and voiced my worry your joke reminded me of. I know your intentions <3

Don't you love me to pieces, because then I shall, love you, to even smaller pieces. Game on, lady.
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her away she adjusted her crown and kept
walking

NightWatch
Julia
IGN: Julia
Lineage: Pacherontis
Graphic Artist: Rhaeya

Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:35 am

Arallara wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:24 am
This isn’t a typical bond that gives an advantage to either person beyond showing their commitment which they could have made without your knowledge before.
I’m sorry that you’re agreeing with a bond that was made without your knowledge before hand.

That’s all kinda of creepy.

And it could happen if someone just drops your ass off in ROH, again. Without your knowledge, because you’d then have to hunt them down, and even then... you still couldn’t remove something that was done without your specific consent.

Note: if done with consent, kuddos!
Idea: have both parties pay 25k each, and that would solve the consent issue and creepy covert oaths being made on your behalf.
a morte e a ritorno | I fell asleep cradled by my melancholy.
FenReiss
OOC: Cody
IGN: Fen Reiss
Lineage: Fueri

Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:48 am

ophelia wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:27 am
(Quick question: I know there was a discussion about an oath, but was there further discussion on specifics? May have missed it >.>)
(The answer to that is no. There was no further discussion. It wasn't even brought up to Ravenblack by the Improvement Group Leaders. He circumvented the Improvement Group and went about this himself. Something he specifically criticized others for I believe.)
Fen Fueri-Reiss
Joy
OOC: Katie
IGN: Joy
Lineage: de Draak

Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:59 am

Julia wrote:
There is no good thing that can come from something you can never walk away from for all of your years. Even if you consent at the time.

We had those types of bonds before the halls were made. The first hall we begged RB for was the hall of SEVERANCE to help get away from these bindings.
|| de Draak ||
Julia
IGN: Julia
Lineage: Pacherontis
Graphic Artist: Rhaeya

Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:03 pm

Joy wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:59 am
Julia wrote:
There is no good thing that can come from something you can never walk away from for all of your years. Even if you consent at the time.

We had those types of bonds before the halls were made. The first hall we begged RB for was the hall of SEVERANCE to help get away from these bindings.
I like the idea of a blood oath, I do not like that you can’t break it. But I like the idea even more when it’s consensual for both parties.
a morte e a ritorno | I fell asleep cradled by my melancholy.